Lame Cart at OG

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
QKocur
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by QKocur »

fribhey wrote:
QKocur wrote:I wonder how you might have reacted had you not been one of the lucky few to see it when it dropped and not 45 min later.
i would have reacted the same as all the other times i didn't get a print i wanted and that doesn't involve crying about how life isn't fair. i would have thought, "ok that's over, i'm starving, time for lunch" and would have moved on with my life.... i don't have entitlement issues and don't stomp my feet when i'm not the kid on the block with the coolest toy. the last thing i would do would be to demand an explanation from obey as to why i didn't get what i wanted, that's just silly.

i've spent more time going for banksy prints and have even had one sniped/stolen out of my cart after having added it to my cart. i just thought it wasn't meant to be and moved on. i didn't throw a fit and demand an explanation from POW.
Get over yourself and cut it with the rhetoric. You had words to say about Iconoclasts last fvcked up drop (not to say it wasn't.) Well this was a fvcked up drop and I, as well as others, called it out for what it was. No one is p!ssed they didn't get a print, their p!ssed they didnt get a shot.

The deed is now done, weston said he is addressing the issue so I would just assume move on, but don't tell me I didn't have the right to point out it was fvcked up.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

QKocur wrote:Get over yourself and cut it with the rhetoric. You had words to say about Iconoclasts last fvcked up drop (not to say it wasn't.) Well this was a fvcked up drop and I, as well as others, called it out for what it was. No one is p!ssed they didn't get a print, their p!ssed they didnt get a shot..
other then calling a spade a spade i wasn't complaining about how iconoclast's site was working, nor was i complaining that i didn't have a chance to get what i wanted... i wasn't even trying to buy the soup can, iconoclast is the last place i want to give my credit card information to.

iconoclast are scammers. there's a big difference between a website not working properly because of extreme amounts of traffic and a website that has had a history of security problems (customer's credit card information being stolen) and trying to rip off it's customers by jacking up the price 10 fold after the sale of every print in an edition.....

if you don't like how OG is run then don't give them your money. i don't like how iconoclast is run and have never given them a dime.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

fribhey wrote:
QKocur wrote:I wonder how you might have reacted had you not been one of the lucky few to see it when it dropped and not 45 min later.
i would have reacted the same as all the other times i didn't get a print i wanted and that doesn't involve crying about how life isn't fair. i would have thought, "ok that's over, i'm starving, time for lunch" and would have moved on with my life.... i don't have entitlement issues and don't stomp my feet when i'm not the kid on the block with the coolest toy. the last thing i would do would be to demand an explanation from obey as to why i didn't get what i wanted, that's just silly.

i've spent more time going for banksy prints and have even had one sniped/stolen out of my cart after having added it to my cart. i just thought it wasn't meant to be and moved on. i didn't throw a fit and demand an explanation from POW.

I don't doubt that you'd have the same reaction and understand your point about entitlement. However, I like the way OG does business overall, and I like their products, but I don't like their Web site. They have a world-class studio that is outfitted with the latest equipment instead of operating out of a pop-tent. Why is it so unreasonable to expect the same from their Web site?

These aren't new problems by any means. 300 queries on the categories page!? Are you kidding me? What was there a separate query for each character on the page? That, by any development standard,is smeared. And that was only fixed this week after years of Shepard and the customers requesting improvements!? Now it's 10 queries? What on Earth is requiring 10 queries on this page?

http://obeygiant.com/store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you're trying to increase performance at the data access layer you should be using stored procedures anyway.

Is it obnoxious to feel that that their Web site should reflect the quality of the rest of the enterprise? I don't think so.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Fribhey, my intention is not to compare Obey to Iconoclast. I too generally like the way business is done at OG and I definitely love their products. But as Nigel said, it is not wrong to express disappointment about the website, especially as this was something new building on a problem that has been so old.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Lame Cart at OG

Post by whyhoo »

nigel comin' through with the KNOWLEDGE

q, my only point was that weston couldn't even explain that prior to his post. he wasn't even aware there was a problem, and that's a pretty basic one. how do you think you're going to get any other explanation than "there were lots of people hitting the site"? that's all.
on point like a decimalist?
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

QKocur wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:In regards to the print release. Staff ( NOT WESTON) tried to post the print but due to heavy web traffic we could not even get logged into the site to post it. From our calculations it was only about an hour delay. We apologize for any frustration this drop caused you and we thank you for your support.
Sorry, just a little confused... An hour delay from when it was originally supposed to be dropped? Why were so many people not able to see it when it was finally posted?
I spose I was lookin for more of an acknowledgment to the fact there was a new symptom of the disease so to speak. For that specific symptom was worse than the usual website BS and I didn't want it to get brushed aside as website issues tend to go.

So for people to say suck it up and move on and others to go on and on about entitlement issues is ridiculous, its customer feedback. It just ends up sounding like kids trying to defend their idol after they find out they aren't infallible. 'Don't rock the boat! You weren't going to get a print anyway! You're just throwing a fit cuz you didn't get one!' No, I'm saying the website sucks and was asking why...

I definitely didn't want it to turn into this big charade, so for that I'm sorry.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

QKocur wrote: Sorry, just a little confused... An hour delay from when it was originally supposed to be dropped? Why were so many people not able to see it when it was finally posted?
that's certainly not the quote that made me respond! :lol:
QKocur wrote: I spose I was lookin for more of an acknowledgment to the fact there was a new symptom of the disease so to speak. For that specific symptom was worse than the usual website BS and I didn't want it to get brushed aside as website issues tend to go.
now this i can totally see - is it a new problem, or something that has always existed? that makes complete sense, and certainly piques curiosity.

and this breakdown of peak/peek/pique was interesting as well!

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/peaked.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

has it ever just occurred to those who didn't see it listed on the site that maybe the internet just hates you?
:lol:
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Sigh, apparently it does... :lol:

Would I bring it up with Al Gore then? :twisted:
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

This is NOT an entitlement issue at all. This is customer feedback. If we were just whining about NOT getting a print that's entitlement. We are complaining about an issue that had been ongoing for years and has never ever been fixed. The fact that nothing has ever been done despite price hikes, promises, and years of trash talking has lead to this outrage. We as loyal customers have the right to complain. All we ask is for a website that actually works. Every single other artist has responded to crticism about their websites...why is it so hard 4 one of the biggest artists out there to do the same?

Also if this was just a single isolated incident than yes the outrage could correctly be labeled as entitlement issues, but it's not. This is just basic customer service(or lack thereof).
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

The tech answer is over my head, but sounds like a positive direction. Thanks Weston.
Submit. Rapture.