drama llama split from the compassion thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
spagucci1 wrote:
I...was responding to why some people would be able to see the print and others wouldnt.

Nobody ever stated that. FOODRAP said, "i know theres ways to get the prints on the site before others, im just not fortunate enough to be in that inner circle yet."

That's not a technical glitch like you are describing but an indefensible accusation of preferential treatment.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

bdavenport wrote:^^ This was one of the things I did. It's why I have so many sticker packs. It has to do with whether you get a cached version of the page or a fresh version. Something in your cart guaranteed you would get a fresh version and not a cached one, thus making it so you would always see the most up to date page when others might not.


Exactly what was happening. And again this was a trick learned by reading the forums as bdavenport mentioned. This was talked about in several release threads before it was closed down a few drops ago. Was not a backdoor for friends, just a glitch that someone caught onto and eventually shared.

Also the reason I have so many large Andre stickers. But never a guarantee for a print in the least
Collection & Wants: collection/others.php?u=3093
User avatar
gpt104
Giant
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Oct 14, 2008
Location: Philly Burbs

cybernigel wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
I...was responding to why some people would be able to see the print and others wouldnt.

Nobody ever stated that. FOODRAP said, "i know theres ways to get the prints on the site before others, im just not fortunate enough to be in that inner circle yet."

That's not a technical glitch like you are describing but an indefensible accusation of preferential treatment.


I was never defening Foodrap in the first place, just informing about the glitch. You and Frib automatically started to call me out saying I was defending anoother MBW fan without fully understanding what I was talking about.
User avatar
spagucci1
Giant
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Oct 12, 2007

Can we just net out this line of discussion ...

1. Yes, it was possible to gain a "cache" advantage during drops by having an item already in your Cart. As bdport explained, this ensured that you could see the most up-to-date version of the page as opposed to a cache version which might not have a just completed change to the webpage. This is not myth but fact. [I tested this myself as other have].

2. That technical glitch has nothing to do with FOODRAP's comments that some folks get preferential treatment by OG on print releases via the website. That claim is total crepe-ola. Demand far outstrips supply, and many get stuck on return from PayPal or the final "confirm" click on the OG page. Try for enough high-demand prints, and eventually it happens to you. More times than not even.
User avatar
jak88
Giant
 
Posts: 1696
Joined: Feb 11, 2009
Location: The Other Left Coast

spagucci1 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
I...was responding to why some people would be able to see the print and others wouldnt.

Nobody ever stated that. FOODRAP said, "i know theres ways to get the prints on the site before others, im just not fortunate enough to be in that inner circle yet."

That's not a technical glitch like you are describing but an indefensible accusation of preferential treatment.


I was never defening Foodrap in the first place, just informing about the glitch. You and Frib automatically started to call me out saying I was defending anoother MBW fan without fully understanding what I was talking about.

this is what you said:
spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart.


and that was in response to us telling FOODRAP that there is no way to get prints before others... if you weren't defending what FOODRAP said then why even say that in the first place because you are implying there is truth in what he said when there isn't.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10756
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

fribhey wrote:this is what you said:
spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart.


and that was in response to us telling FOODRAP that there is no way to get prints before others... if you weren't defending what FOODRAP said then why even say that in the first place because you are implying there is truth in what he said when there isn't.



I said it to clear up any confusion that Foodrap may have had. But then you had to chime in with your negative comments as always. Why are you constantly trying to bash people Fribhey? You seriously need to deal with the anger issues that you have. There is truth in what I said and others have confirmed it.
Last edited by spagucci1 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
spagucci1
Giant
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Oct 12, 2007

I was always under the impression you could FORCE an update to a web page by hitting ctrl+F5 and it would either update the cache or overwrite it, not really sure on the exact technical jargon.
User avatar
guyute73
Posse
 
Posts: 410
Joined: May 24, 2007

spagucci1 wrote:
fribhey wrote:this is what you said:
spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart.


and that was in response to us telling FOODRAP that there is no way to get prints before others... if you weren't defending what FOODRAP said then why even say that in the first place because you are implying there is truth in what he said when there isn't.



I said it to clear up any confusion that Foodrap may have had. But then you had to chime in with your negative comments as always. Why are you constantly trying to bash people Fribhey? You seriously need to deal with the anger issues that you have. There is truth in what I said and other have confirmed it.


yeah sure you were trying to "clear" up any confusion.... :roll:

i guess you admitting that you don't know the difference between a glitch with the cache on the site and a secret inner circle backdoor or friend hook up is out of the question.

there is no truth in what you said because there was no loophole. was there was an issue with how browsers were caching the site? yes. was there a loophole? no. i've never had a problem with the cache and prints not appearing when they are supposed to.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10756
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

Get over yourself Frib. I am not bringing myself down to your pathetic negative level. I know what I said. Others confirmed what i said was true. Now move along.....
User avatar
spagucci1
Giant
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Oct 12, 2007

not sure if you guys realize this, but foodraps posting coincides directly with blazedoutbee harassing me - foodrap actually said over on the ebeans board that "if i came to NYC, i would get my eye blacker than blazedoutbee". the post has since been deleted, it was in the now locked MBW conspiracy thread where i originally outed beefy's true colors.

straight trollin' yo.
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7564
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat

All right, grumpy gusses. Has the time change thrown everyone's sleep schedules off?

Take it to GvG if need be, but don't continue it here. All of you.

And maybe work nap time in somewhere to catch up if necessary.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
User avatar
admonkey
King of the Jungle
 
Posts: 11287
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Location: The Ad Jungle

Wow, its gettin well bitchy round here at the moment.
User avatar
slidingaround
Giant
 
Posts: 6610
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: United Kingdom

just gotta know when to f5 and when to backspace..and when to copy and paste...PC out
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
User avatar
extremeimages77
Giant
 
Posts: 2986
Joined: Oct 8, 2007
Location: Boston MA

gpt104 wrote:
bdavenport wrote:^^ This was one of the things I did. It's why I have so many sticker packs. It has to do with whether you get a cached version of the page or a fresh version. Something in your cart guaranteed you would get a fresh version and not a cached one, thus making it so you would always see the most up to date page when others might not.


Also the reason I have so many large Andre stickers.


:lol: Glad to know I'm not the only one that ended up with so many of these!
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
User avatar
bdavenport
punk
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Conjunction Junction

let me tell you all this.

i went on the site liek someone told me, put the offset bomber in my cart, went to paypal, did the steps, went back to the submit your order screen, control +click on my mac over your cart in a new tab, went back to the store, added something else to my cart and went back to the submit order page and refreshed and VOILA!
now do you still think i dont know what im talking about? or should i continue to divulge the rest of your little secrets here so the powers that be can see why some peoples orders go through seconds after the print launches? i wonder if obey checked the orders and saw how crazy it is that an order can be completed in 6seconds after a print goes up is amazing! i mean do you all have a dedicated server in your homes providing a 100 TB's per second transfer speeds? ha ha ha

i did not want to put the method i read about on blast, and you did not have to go accusing me of not knowing what i was talking about :mrgreen:

no worries i wont tell them the rest of your methods unless you continue to call me out... funny how i never came on this board because of the posts i read and the ego-maniacs on here, awesome that after a few posts all the things people say about the flippers on here and the egos, attitudes, haters exposing others, the way you attack my way of typing, the way you just go against everything graffiti is all about and what going against the system really means. a shame you all hide behind user-names and imaginary profiles created online to live out the fantasies and envies you wish you lived as a child.....

shame that all this hate was brought up by a post i made not directed towards anyone but those who felt guilty instead of showing compassion instead retaliated like tey retaliate against the people of tibet... we all want this print for a different reason whether yours be good or bad fruitful or hateful, all the lama would want is for there to be compassion... one person posted something right after i did worth replying to directly about doing research which restored my faith in people and then i was at work all day and wanted to wait til i got home, now i saw all this and well, since your expectng it..... all good, im home now by my mac and posting.... 8)

funny how im looking at all my past ebay purchases for the past 2 years and a lot of the old ebay names if you google them against some of these names you will find out a lot of strange coincidences.....durn, does anyone want to divulge there ebay names? because im pretty sure i never ever sold an obey print on my name or any other and ive had the same name since 2004

and im pretty sure im the first person to go on a forum and complain about not getting a print, defintitely the first ever! i will probably go down in the history books as the first person ever to go on a forum and complain about not getting a print....

grow up
User avatar
FOODRAP
Punk
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
Location: new york

fribhey wrote:and that was in response to us telling FOODRAP that there is no way to get prints before others... if you weren't defending what FOODRAP said then why even say that in the first place because you are implying there is truth in what he said when there isn't.



I said it to clear up any confusion that Foodrap may have had. But then you had to chime in with your negative comments as always. Why are you constantly trying to bash people Fribhey? You seriously need to deal with the anger issues that you have. There is truth in what I said and other have confirmed it.[/quote]

yeah sure you were trying to "clear" up any confusion.... :roll:

i guess you admitting that you don't know the difference between a glitch with the cache on the site and a secret inner circle backdoor or friend hook up is out of the question.

there is no truth in what you said because there was no loophole. was there was an issue with how browsers were caching the site? yes. was there a loophole? no. i've never had a problem with the cache and prints not appearing when they are supposed to.[/quote]

i really did not want to cal anyone out by name but since you used mine so much in your posts, (maybe you wanna get your google search higher tot he top) i felt the need to reply directly:

Fribhey, you now are exposing yourself and the method used because your acknowledging it as well as passing it off as a glitch....if you gonna deny something you have to go with that all the way to the grave man, aint you ever seen good fellas?....

one down one to go

whyhoo: as far as blazedoutbee, i was just following the thread on EB, if you notice i alwasy try to post something relevant, sunny and witty, i could give a frankfurter about whatever you got with another forum member and your fantasies , just as long as it does not affect me in any way, and the best way to do that, would be to keep foodrap out of your mouth, your finger tips and or whatever you use to type....i meant the black eye thing, ask about me on EB......not a threat, its just that whyhoo wanted me to get a girl to do make up on him and i said i knew one for him.... real talk, too bad the thread got deleted right whyhoo?... durn.....LOL
User avatar
FOODRAP
Punk
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
Location: new york

FOODRAP wrote:funny how i never came on this board because of the posts i read and the ego-maniacs on here, awesome that after a few posts all the things people say about the flippers on here and the egos, attitudes, haters exposing others, the way you attack my way of typing, the way you just go against everything graffiti is all about and what going against the system really means. a shame you all hide behind user-names and imaginary profiles created online to live out the fantasies and envies you wish you lived as a child.....

So I take it you won't be back, right?
User avatar
spiff huxtable
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Jun 26, 2008

spiff huxtable wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:funny how i never came on this board because of the posts i read and the ego-maniacs on here, awesome that after a few posts all the things people say about the flippers on here and the egos, attitudes, haters exposing others, the way you attack my way of typing, the way you just go against everything graffiti is all about and what going against the system really means. a shame you all hide behind user-names and imaginary profiles created online to live out the fantasies and envies you wish you lived as a child.....

So I take it you won't be back, right?


why would you want thast unless it was your method i exposed? did i ever say anything even remotely directly to you? come on man, give it up, you cannot win. thers no point in going on...its over and get over it..

spagucci1: thank you for the words of validation and such. not that you were defending me but allowing my words of truth to have bearing....

whyhoo: i think your actions were already brought to light, you have been banned from purchasing prints in your name due to reselling under the name logical or something to that effect on ebay, you now purchase prints under tiffany;'s name which will soon be exposed, as for blazedoutbee, i read the posts on EB, thought they were amusing and joined in on the fun, i never ever said anything validating any of the accusations against you or blazedoutbee, just said to keep my name out your mouth before your eye turns blacker than blazedoutbee... look man, im not against resellers at all. im one of the biggest sneaker resellers in the business.....ask about me......

and ya just mad that i showed up late for the party and ended up being the life of it.....
User avatar
FOODRAP
Punk
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
Location: new york

FOODRAP wrote:Fribhey, you now are exposing yourself and the method used because your acknowledging it as well as passing it off as a glitch....if you gonna deny something you have to go with that all the way to the grave man, aint you ever seen good fellas?....

one down one to go


i'm exposing myself as what again? and the method of refreshing the browser nonstop is some kind of secret and is now out in the open?

paranoid much?
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10756
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

FOODRAP wrote:funny how i never came on this board because of the posts i read and the ego-maniacs on here, awesome that after a few posts all the things people say about the flippers on here and the egos, attitudes, haters exposing others, the way you attack my way of typing, the way you just go against everything graffiti is all about and what going against the system really means. a shame you all hide behind user-names and imaginary profiles created online to live out the fantasies and envies you wish you lived as a child.....


funny how all the negative responses you are getting are due to your first post on this forum insulting other forum members when they were debating the ethics of trading a print won from a contest run by obey (when obey themselves disapproved of the actions of the winner):
FOODRAP wrote:i think some of yall have way too much time on your hands...

then your second post was a crybaby rant about not getting a print and making accusations about obey canceling orders to hook up friends and how people can buy prints before others.

and now you are calling people one this board ego-maniacs and haters who need to grow up (all of this in only 6 total forum posts, congratulations on that). it's a wonder why nobody likes you. maybe the problem isn't the people on this forum but just you being a d0uche....
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10756
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

locking this thread... FOODRAP won't be bothering us anymore.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
User avatar
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!
 
Posts: 4947
Joined: Jan 29, 2006
Location: dreaming of providence

I will speak for Obey Giant. There was no preferential system of sales ever in place. Have people figured out loopholes in the past? Yes. We recently upgraded our software and it seems to have closed them up. We believe in fair and equal sales and do not have any intentional backdoors to service a certain group of people.
User avatar
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Southern California

Previous

Return to Giant vs Giant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest