Ever purchased from BodyPunks?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
newports
Swindler

Ever purchased from BodyPunks?

Post by newports »

This is my first post in this forum and I'd thought I'd do it right by bitching a little. I'm theory and I'm from Anaheim. I'm also completely obsessed with Obey and have been since I was in Jr. High school.

I wanted to purchase some Obey shirts with all my wonderful birthday money that I got this year, and did some Googling and found out about BodyPunks. Their shirts were amazingly cheap for Obey stuff and I got three. One of them was a spray-on ICON face in black that only cost me $13.50. The other one was the beautiful looking "Peace Woman 2" print. Both of these shirts were "Premium." The stuff came in the mail a couple days later. I was excited with the Peace Women shirt until I saw it. There were defects all over the graphic -- scratches in places where the graphic was actually peeling, there was even a spot with clumps of dirt, like someone had accidently stepped on the shirt.

Since everything else was cool with my purchase, I just thought this was an honest mistake. I sent the shirt back, which cost me five dollars, and they told me they couldn't replace it since it was the only one they had. BodyPunks then had the balls to put that shirt back up for sale! Can you believe that garbage? They told me the money for the shirt would be added back to my credit card, but they weren't going to pay me back for the shipping. Has anyone had a similiar experince with this company? You can also buy their stuff under the name "Dress Code Clothing," they have two different names, but it is the same company.
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Ever purchased from BodyPunks?

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Never heard of the place, but they have more of those weird canvas prints.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

I think I tried to buy something from them long ago and it was weird. Nothing Obey, but something else that I can't remember, but it was not a great experience.
Side note: strange that they have another set of those canvas, right? Is someone printing their own stuff?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

very strange that they have more available... i asked them last week and they said they had none!
on point like a decimalist?
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

they had to wait for their order from costco.... :lol:
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

My question is the 3 they have are described as B, C, & D. What was version A?
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

notudon wrote:My question is the 3 they have are described as B, C, & D. What was version A?
Whatever has high enough resolution on google images. :lol:
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Make your own:
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

It is a Obey Clothing promo item I have a feeling a bunch of stores got them. Its normal for clothing companies to create point of sale items like this and distribute them to the stores to put up near the displays.
I'm surprised more haven't come up for sale in the past, I have a feeling you will see more stuff like this pop up.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Backpackpunk wrote:It is a Obey Clothing promo item I have a feeling a bunch of stores got them. Its normal for clothing companies to create point of sale items like this and distribute them to the stores to put up near the displays.
I'm surprised more haven't come up for sale in the past, I have a feeling you will see more stuff like this pop up.
They already sold out of them, it was in another thread, and now they have more. That is where it is suspect, not that they exist. Omethod already verified them I believe.