PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
slidingaround
Giant

Re: PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by slidingaround »

fribhey wrote:are all of you guys actually writing emails to obey explaining all the extra charges and fees and asking them to switch back to USPS? or are you all just venting here? i think your best option is to flood their email box with complaints because if you don't then they will think it's an isolated issue.
I have'nt yet, i wanted to get this thread going so i could forward it to them, so they could see it wasnt just me being unhappy with things.
Will do soon.
Fingers crossed!
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

I did write an email , Received the same exact reply that someone posted a few pages ago

Here's the message again aka we dont give a durn :lol:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting us about our new shipping policy. We are working on an international distributor for our print releases which may be a more appealing choice for you in the future. At present, we are staying with UPS as our international carrier.

thank you,
Jaspr
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

I sent an email about my case and if they could change the shipping service to USPS again or at least give us this option and they reply that they are not responsible for any extra charges but they are trying to know why ups charged me another shipping fee, thank you for your attention Obey :D 8)

Without the "extra shipping service fee(75$)" the cost from ups is only 8$ more that usps (30$ to 38$)...but i prefer USPS anyway :o
Last edited by Deloused on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

they obviously dont seem to care this time around , compared to the last time they tried to enforce UPS for international , and went back after a week or so
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Im hoping after a few more mails and this thread getting bigger, they will want to help us out. Any other ideas? Facebook group? A campaign print? :) Or a Campaign stencil street piece? :)

What would shep do? :idea:
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

so the difference between gov't run mail and private shippers is that the private shippers charge you for dealing with customs?

lame.

if anyone wants to explore this option with UPS, i will gladly be the relay:

will UPS immediately re route an international shipment to a US address? if so, the tube can be redirected to a US address, and then shipped USPS priority to the international address.

from my recollection, a UPS shipment cannot be rerouted until it reaches the sort facility at its destination. but i think it's worth some research considering how hard you are getting whacked by UPS at customs.

p.s. k - WWSD!
on point like a decimalist?
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Daily Bump , lets not let this topic go into the forum abyss , keep it alive.

SAY NO TO UPS!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Ill see if I can get some of this cleared up tomorrow!
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

TheOmethod wrote:Ill see if I can get some of this cleared up tomorrow!
Thanks man, that would be much appreciated.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Thanks a lot for taking the time to address our concern :)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

you deserve a raise
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

bump
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

My TPDM tube was crushed and print was creased. :-( Filed claim with UPS.

Jaspr was very responsive and helpful as usual. :-)
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

I don't know if anyone has check but I tried to place an order just to see if there was an International shipping option, but no choice was proposed, the screen is showing USPS Priority Mail International...

Any idea if they came back to USPS or if they never updated the final order screen from USPS to UPS ??

XXXX
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Hi Omethod, just wondering if you had a chance to find out anything? Appologies, i know your probably busy.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Sucks that we arent getting any replies. They will probably notice a fair drop in international orders , guess ebay is gonna be the cheaper way from now on heh
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

US Mail was extremely labor intensive and required a separate operation which delayed orders and took a significant amount of our time. We have heard your concerns, but there is no plan to not use UPS.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

TheOmethod wrote:US Mail was extremely labor intensive and required a separate operation which delayed orders and took a significant amount of our time. We have heard your concerns, but there is no plan to not use UPS.

Would it be possible for international customers to pay more handling charges then ? If this involves more work for you , Im sure most of us wont mind adding 5 to 10 dollars per shipments to make up for the extra operations.

Just an idea , but I think it could work
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

hercylicious wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:US Mail was extremely labor intensive and required a separate operation which delayed orders and took a significant amount of our time. We have heard your concerns, but there is no plan to not use UPS.

Would it be possible for international customers to pay more handling charges then ? If this involves more work for you , Im sure most of us wont mind adding 5 to 10 dollars per shipments to make up for the extra operations.

Just an idea , but I think it could work
+1 for this
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

For those having issues with this at least on the delivery end, chances are they aren't leaving the tubes because they need the signature, which is the same thing that happens with a lot of packages shipped from abroad to the US. I would contact UPS and see if you can leave a notice allowing them to leave a package without a live signature. I have seen plenty of people here in the states with such notices for both fedex and ups.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

thentherewasone wrote:For those having issues with this at least on the delivery end, chances are they aren't leaving the tubes because they need the signature, which is the same thing that happens with a lot of packages shipped from abroad to the US. I would contact UPS and see if you can leave a notice allowing them to leave a package without a live signature. I have seen plenty of people here in the states with such notices for both fedex and ups.
The thing is, we have to pay the ups guy customs fees in cash there and then.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Official Statement from Obey Giant:

Hello to all who are wishing we would go back to USPS, or at least offer it as an option.
We believe that UPS is the better option for everyone, here's why:
1. Accurate Tracking of your package
2. Fast Delivery times
3. Quick Replacement for lost or damaged packages
4. Excellent Service

You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.

Thank you for your continued support!
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

But it's not better! The customer is telling you (OG) it's not! Yes I get charged everytime by ups on top of the customs charges. The overall procedure sucks and it's definitely going to cut down my print buying, well they will sell out anyway so who cares right? Talk about not listening to your customers! I don't usually complain but this is a pretty lame response!!!!!

And Omethod, this isn't directed at you. Thanks for trying to sort it out for us.
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

slidingaround wrote: The thing is, we have to pay the ups guy customs fees in cash there and then.
Oops missed that. That sucks balls
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

slidingaround wrote:Omethod, this isn't directed at you. Thanks for trying to sort it out for us.
definitely not against you !!
TheOmethod wrote:Official Statement from Obey Giant:

Hello to all who are wishing we would go back to USPS, or at least offer it as an option.
We believe that UPS is the better option for everyone, here's why:
1. Accurate Tracking of your package
2. Fast Delivery times
3. Quick Replacement for lost or damaged packages
4. Excellent Service

You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.

Thank you for your continued support!
Official Statement from me !
USPS Priority International Mail is the better option for me, here's why:

1. Accurate Tracking of your package : I have a live tracking of delivery on the USPS website, they notice when they attempt to deliver the package to me)
example of live tracking on USPS website:

2. Fast Delivery times : OK UPS is a bit faster, but I don't care if the delay, between the order and getting the print in hands, is reduced to 4 days instead of 9... we are not talking about a 4 days delivery versus 2 months delivery !

3. Quick Replacement for lost or damaged packages : ordering from Obey Giant since 2005-2006, I NEVER had a print damaged in shipping !! I'm curious to know the repartition for damaged prints in delivery between local people in the US and International customers...

4. Excellent Service : at the final step, there is no difference in the quality of service, excepted the fact that using UPS will cost me a $50 bill for nothing !! Again that's ridiculous it will cost me more in shipping (shipping + tax linked to the way you ship) than the print itself !

The way you are doing with International buyers will just increase the ebay reselling process (which if I remember well Shepard Fairey tried to fight in the past, without any real effective changes), it will cost me barely the same price buying from Obey Giant delivered by UPS than buying from a flipper on ebay delivered by USPS, without spending some long time on OG website, fighting to cart a print, then fighting to go to paypal, then struggling to confirm my order !

Well I know we (international buyers) are just a small water drop in your complete business, and in the end, you don't give a fvck about us.

PE

-- this message is also send by email to orders@obeygiant.com --

XXXX