PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Re: PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by alwaysalx »

Thank you for contacting us about your shipping concerns. We are working on an international distributor for our print releases which may be a more appealing choice for you in the future. At present, we are staying with UPS as our international carrier.
that sucks, i am gonna have to pick and choose as well now. the drive to the warehouse is easily 30-45 minutes pending traffic...

whining commences NOW!
'the best things in life, are not things!
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

UPS wants to charge me 70euros for extra shipping service :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :|
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

SUCKS doesnt it? :( Please OG, change back.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

Deloused wrote:UPS wants to charge me 70euros for extra shipping service :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :|
wtf? send it back and say phuck it unless you really really want it
'the best things in life, are not things!
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Deloused wrote:UPS wants to charge me 70euros for extra shipping service :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :|
What? That is $94 US. Is that above and beyond what you already paid OG?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

sas wrote:
What? That is $94 US. Is that above and beyond what you already paid OG?
yes, that is what UPS wants in addition to what was paid to obey... hence the "extra shipping service" :wink:

i understand that obey is trying to streamline things on their end but forcing their fans to use UPS and sticking them with astronomical shipping/custom fees while ignoring pleas to change back is basically giving all the european fans the middle finger and telling them to f-off.

kind of sad that they refuse to listen to you guys.... if obey really wants to get prints in the hands of their fans and attempt to curb flipping then this is the opposite thing they should be doing.
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

Yes, they want to charge me 70euros...from that 20euros it´s normal (customs taxes) but the extra 50euros it´s for what they call "extra shipping service" i and don´t know what this mean...they told me that everytime that an order pass to the customs UPS charge a fixed value of 50euros only because it pass to the customs!!...i am paying a total of 132.60$ for shipping costs.....
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I think mine comes under as an admin fee, on top of what customs charge and of what obey/ups charge for the actual shipping.

Frib, thanks for the post, great to get support from international folk too! :)
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Opps sorry my above post wasn't clear, suppose you bought the Parlor set for $90 US, how much would a $90 print be before UPS and after UPS started (in US if you could spare the moment to convert for me). I feel for you all a lot! I would like to know how much more are you are paying, I will email Obey and recommend they change for you also, this is unjust!!! We totally need a protest poster for this!
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

sas wrote:Opps sorry my above post wasn't clear, suppose you bought the Parlor set for $90 US, how much would a $90 print be before UPS and after UPS started (in US if you could spare the moment to convert for me). I feel for you all a lot! I would like to know how much more are you are paying, I will email Obey and recommend they change for you also, this is unjust!!! We totally need a protest poster for this!
yes, it´s the parlor set..with usps:90$ for the set plus +/- 30$ for shipping; with UPS:90$ for the set plus 38$ for shipping plus 94$ for extra shipping service...
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Brutal. I'd be mad too.
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Deloused wrote:
sas wrote:Opps sorry my above post wasn't clear, suppose you bought the Parlor set for $90 US, how much would a $90 print be before UPS and after UPS started (in US if you could spare the moment to convert for me). I feel for you all a lot! I would like to know how much more are you are paying, I will email Obey and recommend they change for you also, this is unjust!!! We totally need a protest poster for this!
yes, it´s the parlor set..with usps:90$ for the set plus +/- 30$ for shipping; with UPS:90$ for the set plus 38$ for shipping plus 94$ for extra shipping service...
Oh my gosh!!!! That is awful, let me break it down some more:

Line Item| USPS| UPS| % Change
Print cost $90 $90 0%
shipping $30 $38 27%
Extra S/H $0 $94 NA
Total| $120| $222| 85%
This is deplorable, OG's nice Euro customers are paying 85% more than with USPS for the same product!!!! It seems to me there is no added value to the customer, what a sad issue for core fans. Why not add a couple bucks to the cost of the fine arts and not mess with this low level Shipping and Handling crepe.
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

If the above is the case, I have no doubt OG will look into other options. Rest easy.
Check out my T-shirt quilts
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

mr Revs wrote:If the above is the case, I have no doubt OG will look into other options. Rest easy.
i thought obey has already stated they are not changing but i can't find the post that said that.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

fribhey wrote:
mr Revs wrote:If the above is the case, I have no doubt OG will look into other options. Rest easy.
i thought obey has already stated they are not changing but i can't find the post that said that.
yeah true, see below:
lepublicnme wrote:I finally get an answer from OG
Thank you for contacting us about your shipping concerns. We are working on an international distributor for our print releases which may be a more appealing choice for you in the future. At present, we are staying with UPS as our international carrier.
:? :roll: :shock: :? :?

XXXX
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Just received my Print , Paid an extra 55 dollars to the ups guy.

50 or more USPS deliveries , never had a problem
1 UPS delivery , Extra 55 dollars.

I really enjoy that , Seems like its going to be cheaper to buy on ebay.

Very saddened by this and OG reply , it sucks , especially since we are fans and collectors , seems like they dont really care anyway
maden
Punk

Post by maden »

Are these extra fees just UPS handling fees or are they import tax/customs/VAT?
we'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

maden wrote:Are these extra fees just UPS handling fees or are they import tax/customs/VAT?
For me both customs and UPS fees. Customs fees im not bothered with, as i pay that whatever. It's the higher admin charge from UPS and the getting hold of my print from them is hard work that bothers me. Their shipping cost seems more expensive too.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

maden wrote:Are these extra fees just UPS handling fees or are they import tax/customs/VAT?
Both for me too , never had to pay ANYTHING at all with USPS
Also USPS was much faster to get delivered and the package was in a better shape than UPS ,that one was beat up , luckily print was fine ,but if it had stayed a few days more or a few more attempted deliveries , would have probably been crushed , with USPS never had a problem on that either.
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

Finally received today the parlor set from UPS, the final value that they charged me was 80.29Euros=107.37usd..From that value only 32.20usd was for customs fees and taxes, the rest (75,17usd) was for "extra shipping service"...

For now, is more cheaper for me to buy on ebay...thank you so much Obey... :roll:
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Thats a proper rape from UPS , Sorry to hear man , that sucks big time :|
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Same for me today, except i didnt see the UPS slip till this morning as it got delivered last night, so i have one opportunity left for UPS to deliver tomorrow that i changed to my work address. Im in meetings all day so hope i can still get it.

What sucks is, if i go away for a few days, il miss the print and it will go back to Obey. USPS used to give me about two weeks, plus i could collect from the depot close to me.

It would be nice for Obey to listen to it's international customers and change it back. Surely the support we have given over the years warrants this?
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Deloused wrote:Finally received today the parlor set from UPS, the final value that they charged me was 80.29Euros=107.37usd..From that value only 32.20usd was for customs fees and taxes, the rest (75,17usd) was for "extra shipping service"...

For now, is more cheaper for me to buy on ebay...thank you so much Obey... :roll:
So is the below table correct (see above post if this makes no sense )
Print cost $90 $90 0%
shipping $30 $38 27%
Extra S/H $0 $107 NA
Total| $120| $235| 96%

so you spent a tot of $235 USD for this print set? That is 96% more than you would have paid with USPS?
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

sas wrote:
Deloused wrote:Finally received today the parlor set from UPS, the final value that they charged me was 80.29Euros=107.37usd..From that value only 32.20usd was for customs fees and taxes, the rest (75,17usd) was for "extra shipping service"...

So is the below table correct (see above post if this makes no sense )
Print cost $90 $90 0%
shipping $30 $38 27%
Extra S/H $0 $107 NA
Total| $120| $235| 96%

so you spent a tot of $235 USD for this print set? That is 96% more than you would have paid with USPS?
Wow - that sucks. Feel for you all.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

are all of you guys actually writing emails to obey explaining all the extra charges and fees and asking them to switch back to USPS? or are you all just venting here? i think your best option is to flood their email box with complaints because if you don't then they will think it's an isolated issue.