PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
slidingaround
Giant

PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by slidingaround »

Ok, I got a tracking/failed delivery slip through the post when i got back from work today. Im NEVER or anyone else for that matter is in the house in the day from Mon-Fri. So before when i used to miss my prints, USPS (which i think got handed over to Royal Mail) used to leave a letter with my customs charges and i used to go 5mins (if that) down the road and pick up my print.

The UPS slip i have here gives me a few options:

Re-attempt a new delivery- This i cant do as im never there, i work!

Deliver to alternate address- This might be possible to my work but they will require a payment for customs charges and im afraid my work will send it back.

Or collect- I just checked online and the nearest depot is in another frickin city! Maybe an 45mins-hour drive!

Obey, anyone on here who can change this, can you please, please, please give us the option to change back.
Rant over, for now.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Re: PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by alwaysalx »

i am having the same problem in toronto canada. they came on friday during the day and i wasn't home, i was at work. they left a notice saying there will be back monday between 2-5pm. i took the afternoon off of work and the assh*les never showed up. i called this morning again and they told me the driver attempted delivery - bullsh*t! now they told me today between 2-5pm again and it is almost 4pm and still no word. i also have to drive about 45 minutes to pick this up if they 'attempt' to deliver today. this is a garbage-like situation for me in canada and apprarently sliding in the u.k.
i h8 ups more than winter!
HELP YOUR INT'L PEEPS
can you send int'l through usps and domestic through ups???
just a thought!
cheers
'the best things in life, are not things!
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Sorry to hear your going through the same thing. Would be sweet to have the option. Omethod/Weston, any chance you could find out for us? :)
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Experiencing exactly same problems with deliveries , and also customs charges and delay that never occurred with USPS, really unhappy with this , this is killing the will to order a print .... :(
Please go back to USPS
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

yes please go back to USPS Priority Mail International !!

XXXX
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

This was in the previous thread where a person said :
christoe wrote:my last post on this subject

I am advised that feedback on UPS use for international orders should be sent to

orders@obeygiant.com
So lets write an email too , the more voices are heard the better it will be , maybe :lol:
I wrote an email just now ...
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Ok, maybe il do the same, maybe il even do a campaign print. :lol:
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

slidingaround wrote:Ok, maybe il do the same, maybe il even do a campaign print. :lol:
petition anyone ? :lol:
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

hercylicious wrote:This was in the previous thread where a person said :

I am advised that feedback on UPS use for international orders should be sent to

orders@obeygiant.com
So lets write an email too , the more voices are heard the better it will be , maybe :lol:
I also sent a mail explaining the issue with UPS and custom fees, showing that in the end using UPS, I pay more in shipping and custom fees than the print itself, which is ridiculous !!

XXXX
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

lepublicnme wrote:
hercylicious wrote:This was in the previous thread where a person said :

orders@obeygiant.com
I also sent a mail explaining the issue with UPS and custom fees, showing that in the end using UPS, I pay more in shipping and custom fees than the print itself, which is ridiculous !!

XXXX
Same for me. :cry:
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

If I recall well , Last time they changed to UPS , it was because UPS came to pick up the tubes directly at their HQ , well USPS does exactly the same thing these days : http://pickup.usps.com/pickup/ .

I'd even be willing to pay a few more bucks per USPS shipping if its a bit more difficult for you guys at OG.
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

My wbn arrived today.they asked 26euro on fees man.
Ups is faster to be honoust but service sucks.if you ain't home
it's a pain in the buttocks like sliding said to get your print.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

That's funny you already got yours in the Netherlands. I live on the east coast and won't see my Obey tube 'til the 5th. Have no idea if the Holiday Pattern is in that or not. lol

BTW - when I travel in Europe and buy stuff I get screwed a lot worse by the VAT than 26 euros on the small purchases I make. It all evens out in the end doesn't it?
Submit. Rapture.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

i am agreement (A) for a petition, (B) canada shipping fee (C) as always would love to see the art declared at $20 value for customs purposes of course.
i am in canada and i am closer to obey head quarters than a few different states, international is little pricey for how close i really am.
cheers :D
**no disrespect implied any where in this, i love the art enough to share my "issues" in hopes that we can figure this out together**
'the best things in life, are not things!
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Sucks that we dont have any replies from OG so far, no reply to email either.
I really like that new print dropping tomorrow but not an extra 60 dollars after purchase like.
Marking 20 bucks on packages would be tough for insurance purpose altho i would agree to hit the bullet here if og did that and tube arrived damaged.
Anyone wanna start the petition? Need a good writer
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Did u guys realise after 3 missed delivery attempts they will send back to OG? Anyway, i managed to get hold of them last night and redirect to my work, i just hope they dont turn the UPS van away cos of charges. I hope they take cards to as i dont have cash on me, this is such a ballache! Anyone know why OG would want to deliver this method instead, i have'nt heard one international customer yet who is pleased with it.
giiiant
Swindler

Post by giiiant »

the only plus side i can think of is their phone support is really good
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

They delivered (re-directed 3rd attempt delivery) to my work address today, i got a call for reception saying i needed to come down stairs NOW as i need to pay for the print. I had to borrow cash as they wouldnt, couldnt except cards and if i had been at lunch for example, i would of missed it as the receptionist certainly wouldnt front the cash for it. It then would of gone back to O.G.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

slidingaround wrote:They delivered (re-directed 3rd attempt delivery) to my work address today, i got a call for reception saying i needed to come down stairs NOW as i need to pay for the print. I had to borrow cash as they wouldnt, couldnt except cards and if i had been at lunch for example, i would of missed it as the receptionist certainly wouldnt front the cash for it. It then would of gone back to O.G.
Sounds fun :/ Hope I wont go through the same problems and Ill be able to catch him at home ....

Hopefully they fix us back to USPS shortly.

Its also slower than Priority mail in my case.
harveyn
Swindler

Post by harveyn »

Please switch back to USPS. Its ridiculous to pay more for the shipping and customs than the print. That said I have bugger all luck picking up the ones I want.
I'm flying in a DC 10 tonight
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

I finally get an answer from OG
Thank you for contacting us about your shipping concerns. We are working on an international distributor for our print releases which may be a more appealing choice for you in the future. At present, we are staying with UPS as our international carrier.
:? :roll: :shock: :? :?

XXXX
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

That sucks! My og print buying I think will be reduced now. Wonder why they won't just go back to usps for the time being?
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

slidingaround wrote:That sucks! My og print buying I think will be reduced now. Wonder why they won't just go back to usps for the time being?
Their decision to switch was prob related to effinciency. Suppose in the old way OG had to synch the orders with USPS for international orders then then print out the airbills. Then they had to do the same for domestic using UPS.

That is a two step process and wastes time. Under the new model the OG orders are fed to the UPS airbill tool and then printed out much easier.

I think this new process was done to make the process much more streamlined and now the reality of unhappy customers is taking shape. I sure hope they revert for you all! The customer is always right!
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

sas wrote:
slidingaround wrote:That sucks! My og print buying I think will be reduced now. Wonder why they won't just go back to usps for the time being?
Their decision to switch was prob related to effinciency. Suppose in the old way OG had to synch the orders with USPS for international orders then then print out the airbills. Then they had to do the same for domestic using UPS.

That is a two step process and wastes time. Under the new model the OG orders are fed to the UPS airbill tool and then printed out much easier.

I think this new process was done to make the process much more streamlined and now the reality of unhappy customers is taking shape. I sure hope they revert for you all! The customer is always right!
Im sure we'd all be more than happy to add a few extra dollars on each International order for extra handling if that takes them that much more time to compensate for the longer process