PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
hercylicious
Giant

Re: PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by hercylicious »

Nothing more to add , the two previous answers sum it all perfectly , I cant agree more.

Only point I would like to say is that I too will have to drastically lower my print buying and Im like wondering whats the point now , Dont be surprised if you see a thread soon with my whole collection for sale.

Thanks theomethod for keeping us updated at least , and taking time to answer
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

TheOmethod wrote:
You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.
i sent to obey those evidences and i never got a reply back... :roll:
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

Deloused wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.
everything is in
charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country
which in France is not the case, they only ask for custom fees...

XXXX
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

in Portugal they charge me for "extra shipping service"..... :|
JasprAtObey
Punk

Post by JasprAtObey »

sas wrote:Opps sorry my above post wasn't clear, suppose you bought the Parlor set for $90 US, how much would a $90 print be before UPS and after UPS started (in US if you could spare the moment to convert for me). I feel for you all a lot! I would like to know how much more are you are paying, I will email Obey and recommend they change for you also, this is unjust!!! We totally need a protest poster for this!
To answer your question, we have not increased, or changed in any way, our shipping charges since the switch to UPS.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

JasprAtObey wrote:
sas wrote:Opps sorry my above post wasn't clear, suppose you bought the Parlor set for $90 US, how much would a $90 print be before UPS and after UPS started (in US if you could spare the moment to convert for me). I feel for you all a lot! I would like to know how much more are you are paying, I will email Obey and recommend they change for you also, this is unjust!!! We totally need a protest poster for this!
To answer your question, we have not increased, or changed in any way, our shipping charges since the switch to UPS.
Jaspr,

what you don't seem to realize is that just because YOUR shipping charges have not changed for international buyers doesn't mean that the cost hasn't changed for those international buyers to actually receive their prints.

UPS is charging ADDITIONAL delivery fees on top of customs fees. what people are saying is that they have no problem paying YOUR shipping fees as well as the customs fees but they do not want to have to pay ADDITIONAL shipping fees that are being added on by UPS.

right now they are paying your shipping fees + customs fees + additional UPS shipping fees.... there is absolutely no reason why they should have to pay additional shipping fees.
JasprAtObey
Punk

Post by JasprAtObey »

fribhey wrote:
JasprAtObey wrote:
Jaspr,

what you don't seem to realize is that just because YOUR shipping charges have not changed for international buyers doesn't mean that the cost hasn't changed for those international buyers to actually receive their prints.

UPS is charging ADDITIONAL delivery fees on top of customs fees. what people are saying is that they have no problem paying YOUR shipping fees as well as the customs fees but they do not want to have to pay ADDITIONAL shipping fees that are being added on by UPS.

right now they are paying your shipping fees + customs fees + additional UPS shipping fees.... there is absolutely no reason why they should have to pay additional shipping fees.
W agree that it is wrong for UPS to be charging these "mystery" fees and we are looking into why this is happening. This was not our understanding when we decided to use their services. We switched to UPS for several reasons and high on the list was improved efficiency, also, we would not have to raise our shipping prices for our customers. As I said, we were not aware that UPS charges extra fees beyond duties and taxes. If more of you can provide invoices for these fees so that I can pass them on to UPS (as proof) it would be very helpful. (Our UPS contacts were just as surprised as I was to hear of these fees) Please send them to orders@obeygiant.com as soon as possible and make sure your tracking number is on there too.
Also, some of you have mentioned that UPS only makes 3 delivery attempts. It is the same for US domestic shipments, FYI.
JasprAtObey
Punk

Post by JasprAtObey »

Deloused wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
Thank you for sending it, we have not heard back from ups and therefore, nothing to tell you yet.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I have thrown mine away and I don't care if UPS delivers up to 3 times in the US, USPS is better. Why is OG repeatedly telling us it's a better service for us when everyone is disagreeing! It's not, the whole process for me is a knightmare, please listen to your customers.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

slidingaround wrote:I have thrown mine away and I don't care if UPS delivers up to 3 times in the US, USPS is better. Why is OG repeatedly telling us it's a better service for us when everyone is disagreeing! It's not, the whole process for me is a knightmare, please listen to your customers.
+1 !!

XXXX
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

lepublicnme wrote:
slidingaround wrote:I have thrown mine away and I don't care if UPS delivers up to 3 times in the US, USPS is better. Why is OG repeatedly telling us it's a better service for us when everyone is disagreeing! It's not, the whole process for me is a knightmare, please listen to your customers.
+1 !!

XXXX
+2 !!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

fribhey wrote:
JasprAtObey wrote:
Jaspr,

It is confrontational posts like this that cause us not to respond to certain matters.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

TheOmethod wrote:
fribhey wrote:
JasprAtObey wrote:
Jaspr,

It is confrontational posts like this that cause us not to respond to certain matters.
o,
that wasn't confrontational at all... at what point was i attacking anyone. Jaspr said "we have not increased, or changed in any way" and I pointed out that wasn't what people were/are complaining about, it's the additional fees that UPS is slamming all the international buyers with. there have been at least two posts from you/jaspr/weston stating that you aren't changing back and to me that seems like a slap in the face to a portion of your loyal fans.

fyi, i'm not an international buyer, i just don't think it's fair that they are being forced to pay more to receive the print then the price print itself. it's cheaper for these fans to support flipping and buy off of ebay then it is to buy from the source itself - that's just wrong and i'm sorry if you disagree.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Seems like we are really gonna be stuck with UPS ....
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

hercylicious wrote:Seems like we are really gonna be stuck with UPS ....
Lame!
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

meanwhile in Europe and outside Usa , Obey Customers are crying :lol:

slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I was thinking exactly the same. :)
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

bye bye

hello

XXXX
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

lol someone with photoshop skills needs to edit that ebay logo into obay :D :D
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

hercylicious wrote:lol someone with photoshop skills needs to edit that ebay logo into obay :D :D

:lol:

hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

:lol: :lol: priceless , wonderful :D
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:
hercylicious wrote:lol someone with photoshop skills needs to edit that ebay logo into obay :D :D
:lol:
Tweaked :wink:

i wish all of international peeps good luck and hope the extra charges that UPS is charging you all gets sorted out.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Nice one Frib, thanks for backing us guys, apreciated. ;)
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

NICE !!

XXXX
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

JasprAtObey wrote:
Deloused wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
Thank you for sending it, we have not heard back from ups and therefore, nothing to tell you yet.
any news about this?
thanks...