Non-Obey question

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Non-Obey question

Post by MunkeyPants »

Recently, my wife ordered a really amazing print from EU via the artist. Long story short, after a month of waiting, the print finally arrived in a poorly (being nice) packed tube that was semi-crushed in several places. Needless to say, the print is basically not framable without major restoration. After sending a nice, though somewhat lengthy note to the artist on behalf of my wife, discussing the damage and proper shipping, I received the following response. (note: the print we have in hand that is damaged is number 49/100).

Dear MunkeyPants

Thanks for the email and all the information.
I will send you another poster (numbered and signed with 49/100) this week.
Sorry so much for the trouble.

KInd regards, artist

Now, is it it anyway normal or acceptable for an artist to do what is being described above? How would you respond? We really do want a copy of this print to hang in the house.
Submit. Rapture.
slidingaround
Giant

Re: Non-Obey question

Post by slidingaround »

MunkeyPants wrote:Recently, my wife ordered a really amazing print from EU via the artist. Long story short, after a month of waiting, the print finally arrived in a poorly (being nice) packed tube that was semi-crushed in several places. Needless to say, the print is basically not framable without major restoration. After sending a nice, though somewhat lengthy note to the artist on behalf of my wife, discussing the damage and proper shipping, I received the following response. (note: the print we have in hand that is damaged is number 49/100).

Dear MunkeyPants

Thanks for the email and all the information.
I will send you another poster (numbered and signed with 49/100) this week.
Sorry so much for the trouble.

KInd regards, artist

Now, is it it anyway normal or acceptable for an artist to do what is being described above? How would you respond? We really do want a copy of this print to hang in the house.
POW do it all the time. Id just accept the new print. :wink:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:POW do it all the time. Id just accept the new print. :wink:
+1
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Will do. Thanks.
Submit. Rapture.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

just assure you he will pack the print the good way that time !

XXXX
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

I feel weird about it, but I sent him the tutorial on EB. I even offered to send a PVC tube. He said he's send another one this week. Crossing my fingers. I'll post the print once I get it safely.
Submit. Rapture.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

MunkeyPants wrote:I feel weird about it, but I sent him the tutorial on EB. I even offered to send a PVC tube. He said he's send another one this week. Crossing my fingers. I'll post the print once I get it safely.
Don't feel weird because if they screw it up again they'll only have themselves to blame