STOP ENCOURAGING POSTER PAGE SELLERS!!!!!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Yeah, Im shocked to see that alot of these guy selling "poster pages" that are carefully cut out of expensive blah blah bleh blghhghghgdkhsdljkhsdjfhsdlfjhsd are actually getting bids on Ebay. Even though they usually don'g go beyond a couple bucks, still, STOP ENCOURAGING THESE LOSERS! It's bad enough they clog up the listings on ebay, don't let them think that carving up some books and selling the pages are actually going to make them money.
User avatar
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Oct 6, 2009

Yeah I hate the people that are doing this. Lame
User avatar
leglescow
Posse
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Jun 17, 2010
Location: Charleston SC

frickking uughhthhthighhhhhhhh!!!!
+1
User avatar
adambad
Giant
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Apr 16, 2008

I doubt it's anybody on this forum.
User avatar
theBrain
Giant
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Location: Philadelphia

I think it's lame too, but why would anyone care... as long as people are buying these carefully cut pages there will be ebay sellers carefully cutting them.
User avatar
toyroom
Giant
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Jan 9, 2007
Location: sacramento ca

leglescow wrote:Yeah I hate the people that are doing this. Lame


+1,000,000

I have to do this eBay search to weed out those a$$hole's listings

obey -pge -pges -page -pages -pg -pgs -mini -set -book -tshirt -t-shirt -shirt -sticker -basha -graffiti
'the best things in life, are not things!
User avatar
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Apr 18, 2009

I add in -cream,-body....there's some lotion seller that pops out 50 or so items every so often which is annoying
User avatar
thentherewasone
Giant
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: May 8, 2007
Location: Slummerville

toyroom wrote:I think it's lame too, but why would anyone care... as long as people are buying these carefully cut pages there will be ebay sellers carefully cutting them.


Its annoying because instead of being able to type in "shepard fairey" in the ebay search you have to add in words to weed out the poster pages. Otherwise you get about 3 pages of just these fools and their display pictures throw you off as looking like really awesome prints or stickers.
User avatar
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Oct 6, 2009

Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
toyroom wrote:I think it's lame too, but why would anyone care... as long as people are buying these carefully cut pages there will be ebay sellers carefully cutting them.


Its annoying because instead of being able to type in "shepard fairey" in the ebay search you have to add in words to weed out the poster pages. Otherwise you get about 3 pages of just these fools and their display pictures throw you off as looking like really awesome prints or stickers.

so then type this into an ebay search and then save the search:

shepard fairey -pge -pges -page -pages -pg -pgs -p -mini -book -tshirt -t-shirt -shirt -sticker -basha
bam, no more poster page sellers
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10720
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

fribhey wrote:
Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
toyroom wrote:I think it's lame too, but why would anyone care... as long as people are buying these carefully cut pages there will be ebay sellers carefully cutting them.


Its annoying because instead of being able to type in "shepard fairey" in the ebay search you have to add in words to weed out the poster pages. Otherwise you get about 3 pages of just these fools and their display pictures throw you off as looking like really awesome prints or stickers.

so then type this into an ebay search and then save the search:

shepard fairey -pge -pges -page -pages -pg -pgs -p -mini -book -tshirt -t-shirt -shirt -sticker -basha
bam, no more poster page sellers


Thats not the point :|
User avatar
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Oct 6, 2009

Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Prints_of_Thieves wrote:
toyroom wrote:I think it's lame too, but why would anyone care... as long as people are buying these carefully cut pages there will be ebay sellers carefully cutting them.


Its annoying because instead of being able to type in "shepard fairey" in the ebay search you have to add in words to weed out the poster pages. Otherwise you get about 3 pages of just these fools and their display pictures throw you off as looking like really awesome prints or stickers.

so then type this into an ebay search and then save the search:

shepard fairey -pge -pges -page -pages -pg -pgs -p -mini -book -tshirt -t-shirt -shirt -sticker -basha
bam, no more poster page sellers


Thats not the point :|

right, but i'm willing to bet that nobody here is encouraging poster page sellers and since nobody here is encouraging them then all we can do is avoid them by removing them from the searches...
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10720
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

i bought a poster page once...ONCE.

-page is my goto exclusion.
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7564
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat

whyhoo wrote:i bought a poster page once...ONCE.

-page is my goto exclusion.

GUILTY!!!!
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10720
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

whyhoo wrote:i bought a poster page once...ONCE.

-page is my goto exclusion.


SHUN THE NON-BELIVER!!!! SHUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-NNNNNN

Imag
User avatar
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Oct 6, 2009


Return to Giant vs Giant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest