Print Sizes - Off

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Print Sizes - Off

Post by s_k_y »

Anyone else starting to get annoyed with the sizes of prints being off slightly?

Storage and framing solutions start to be affected by these miscalculations. With the amount of prints that Obey puts out on a monthly basis, I don't think that it is asking too much to either a) have the dimensions cut to exactly 18x24 OR b) adjust the archives and print database to reflect the true measurements.

POW(ER) has ranged from 18 1/8 wide to 18 1/4 and Jaws wave is off even more yet Obey's archives have them both listed as "18 x 24". Yes, you reach a point where it's not going to be feasible for them to be exactly 18x24 but there should be no reason to be off 1/4 of an inch. That's just two examples, I'm sure there are others.

Frustrating if you wanted to re-use a frame/mat job. If this has been posted before, I apologize.

Size matters. :idea:
destroyeric
Giant

Re: Print Sizes - Off

Post by destroyeric »

yeah it kinda sucks, a couple of newer prints are sitting in the portfolio, because i gotta get bigger frames for them.

I also have a Peace Elephant that's slightly larger than 18x24. :?
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
1fasttruck
Swindler

Post by 1fasttruck »

Depending on which frame you purchase, Some of the 18X24 frames I have purchased allow for slightly larger prints, The glass is exactly 18X24 but the backing is bigger.
vinegartom
Punk

Post by vinegartom »

I just use a 22 x 28 frame - allows for visual separation from the framing, and any inaccuracies are moot, as there is extra space.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Shouldnt this little rant be in Giant vs Giant?
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Anyone who ever collected baseball cards knows its a bad idea to cut anything down
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

QKocur wrote:Anyone who ever collected baseball cards knows its a bad idea to cut anything down
one little slip and whoops :shock:
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

:lol: :lol:
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

QKocur wrote:Anyone who ever collected baseball cards knows its a bad idea to cut anything down

I wish I could have said that to the mohel.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

cybernigel wrote:

I wish I could have said that to the mohel.
dude you never had a chance! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i like frib's idea, i used an exacto on dark wave and it's not quite even... but the recipient of my gift will never unframe it = moot.
on point like a decimalist?
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I put up a defender in my portfolio to save the ends of the prints. Just took a piece of craft paper and taped it in the top of a sleeve so that it stuck out past all the rest of the prints and also past the walls of the portfolio. Now if it hits anything the paper takes it not the tops of the prints.
Who's got my old stickers?
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

Received Mandala 2 Black and Pow(er) this week and both were a tad too large. For those of us who use standard 18x24 frames, this is a problem. Hopefully future prints will be true sized again.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;