Got shafted indirectly

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Cookie Head
Giant

Re: Got shafted indirectly

Post by Cookie Head »

Solar wrote: For this reason, when I ship anything of serious value overseas, I always use USPS Express - it's not much more expensive than the basic service, the insurance is far cheaper and the tracking is excellent.
USPS Express is what I use as well and I've never (knock wood) had a problem. Hope this gets resolved Mira!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Cookie Head wrote:
Solar wrote: For this reason, when I ship anything of serious value overseas, I always use USPS Express - it's not much more expensive than the basic service, the insurance is far cheaper and the tracking is excellent.
USPS Express is what I use as well and I've never (knock wood) had a problem. Hope this gets resolved Mira!

Same here, express FTW.
on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

whyhoo wrote:
Cookie Head wrote:

Same here, express FTW.
have either of you shipped internationally with UPS?
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

fribhey wrote:have either of you shipped internationally with UPS?
I have not, mostly because I've never had a problem with the USPS.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
Cookie Head wrote:

Same here, express FTW.
have either of you shipped internationally with UPS?
It's really tough for me to trust them considering the numerous accounts of package handling I've heard from current and former employees... the general consensus is that tubes = baseball bat/lightsaber/let's see how much stuff we can pile on before it gets crushed.

Plus like cookie said, never had a problem (knock on wood).
on point like a decimalist?
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

Holy freaking crepe batman! The print arrived in Germany today, what a relief!

However, I will never be using that form of shipping again. Thank you all for your advice!
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Mira263 wrote:Holy freaking crepe batman! The print arrived in Germany today, what a relief!

However, I will never be using that form of shipping again. Thank you all for your advice!
did they withdraw their claim with paypal?
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

fribhey wrote:
Mira263 wrote:Holy freaking crepe batman! The print arrived in Germany today, what a relief!

did they withdraw their claim with paypal?
They have not yet, but I have requested that they do so. I think he just got it, as I got the email from him about 10 mins ago. It shouldn't be a problem now since he has stated he received the print.
IG - ATXjeweler
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

Nice Mira! Glad it seems to have worked out.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Cookie Head wrote:Nice Mira! Glad it seems to have worked out.
+1
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

cybernigel wrote:
Cookie Head wrote:Nice Mira! Glad it seems to have worked out.
+1
and another +1
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

Thanks guys, I really love this forum. The camaraderie around here cant be beat!

Even yours fribhey ;)
IG - ATXjeweler
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Mira263 wrote:Thanks guys, I really love this forum. The camaraderie around here cant be beat!

Even yours fribhey ;)

I had the same thing with an international shipment happen to me earlier this year. I sent the print to the UK via USPS Express. The guy tried to rip me off by saying that he never received the print. USPS tracking said that there was a delivery attempted but not made. The buyer filed a claim with paypal. If I lost the paypal claim I would lose the print and the money, so I called paypal. They looked up my tracking number with EMS and parcelforce.com which was mentioned earlier in this thread. It turned out that the UK postal service attempted delivery 3 times and left several notes on the buyers door and in his mail. He was just waiting for paypal to rule in his favor before he picked up the print. The CSR at paypal said that it was obvious that the buyers objectives were devious, so paypal ruled in my favor. All is good now, but I only bring this whole thing up to let people know what goes on out there and to be careful. The reason why I dont use UPS or Fedex is because when you are dealing with artwork worth over $1000 it is cost prohibitive to purchase shipping insurance. DHL is better but USPS is the most economical.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
bigstrunso
Propaganda Engineer

Post by bigstrunso »

Glad to hear it worked out for you Mira. Sorry to cause you any more grief.

Be careful shipping fine art with Fedex and UPS. They will gladly collect your insurance money, but I don't believe they will pay anything over $500 on a claim involving a living artist.
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

I always ship (USPS global priority express) $39.00-41.00 but it is the only international usps service that is trackable and must be signed for
fribhey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:If you sent your print to be signed for on the other end you will have proof it arrived. I always send prints this way, you are then covered.
the problem with USPS and sending internationally is that they don't do international signature confirmations. i specifically asked them about this and they told me that once the package is out of their hands and given to another carrier that they could no longer confirm anything. i pressed them on it and they kept saying they can't. but i do believe they offer and charge for the service even though they can't do it. if i do sell internationally through ebay, which i try to never do because of the whole issue mira is experiencing, then i will only ship with UPS because they can give confirmation since they are the ones actually delivering the item.
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com