Got shafted indirectly

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Mira263
Giant

Got shafted indirectly

Post by Mira263 »

Did anyone else order anything over the holidays and never receive shipping notice or a tracking number? I ordered a gift for my gf and it never came. I emailed and didn't get a response until I included Kyle, who informed me they were off until today (1/3/11). I thought cool, the crew is always on top of things, i'm sure it just got left out before the holidays and will get mailed today. Nope... Jaspr informs me that it was sent and received already. Problem is I no longer live there. I had recently moved and somehow it was sent to the old address. Weird thing is I had ordered both the Saber flag and Obey Kitty pink to my new house, using paypal before I ordered this and they arrived no problem. So I didn't think to even check to where it was sent for over a week. Obviously, it is not there. I was informed of delivery 13 days after it arrived.

Really just blows. I am super broke right now and it was one less present for my gf. Makes for one lack luster xmas after everything else. Not going to get into that though....

I am just wanting to know if anyone else has ever not received a shipping notice or tracking number from Obey
Last edited by Mira263 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
IG - ATXjeweler
bigstrunso
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Got shafted indirectly by Obey

Post by bigstrunso »

how about some.........

to go with that..........

:wink:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

so you ordered something and had it shipped to your old address (because you didn't bother checking the shipping address when checking out in paypal OR on the obey confirmation screen) and you are p1ssed at the obey? wow.

you weren't shafted directly or indirectly from obey and it's an unfair thing to say when you are the only one to blame.
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

dang dude that sucks, Im not gonna pour salt on the wound, the other 2 seem to be doing a fine job at that already. I would try and contact the ppl at your old address and see if they got anything, perhaps theyll still be in the holiday spirit and give you your merch. I had a similar thing happen to me but luckily it was sent to my fiances address instead of mine so I still got my stuff, just confused why paypal still had her address under shipping addresses when I had deleted it long ago. Always check your paypal, and make sure you get mail forwarding from you post office for future reference ;)
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

Mira263 wrote:I am just wanting to know if anyone else has ever not received a shipping notice or tracking number from Obey
for some reason i never receive shipping info or tracking for any of my og purchases...but they always arrive safe and sound and timely.

also...it seems like og posted something on their site that refered to "purchase by ??? to receive by christmas"

sorry your lady didnt get her xtra present but hey...
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

Did you try to call at ur last place, they most likely received it and can perhaps send it to you
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

fribhey wrote:so you ordered something and had it shipped to your old address (because you didn't bother checking the shipping address when checking out in paypal OR on the obey confirmation screen) and you are p1ssed at the obey? wow.

you weren't shafted directly or indirectly from obey and it's an unfair thing to say when you are the only one to blame.

Thanks frib, I can always count on you to be a d*ck. How about you go and f*uck off and just put me on foe already.

I was simply asking if anyone else has never received shipping notice or a tracking number. I realize it was my fault. I asked obey before it ever arrived if it was shipped and what the tracking number was.

Nobody lives at the old house, so it shouldn't have been delivered anyway. It is not there. Thank you to the people who answered my very simple question
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Mira263 wrote:
fribhey wrote:so you ordered something and had it shipped to your old address (because you didn't bother checking the shipping address when checking out in paypal OR on the obey confirmation screen) and you are p1ssed at the obey? wow.

Thanks frib, I can always count on you to be a d*ck. How about you go and f*uck off and just put me on foe already.

I was simply asking if anyone else has never received shipping notice or a tracking number. I realize it was my fault. I asked obey before it ever arrived if it was shipped and what the tracking number was.
you can dish it but can't take it... how mature of you, maybe next time you want to be a d1ck to someone you should be prepared to have people be a d1ck to you. and for the record, i've never had a problem with your OR been a d1ck to you prior to you verbally attacking me and being a d1ck to me. you have issues and need to talk to someone about them.

you realize it was your fault which is why you are trying to give Obey's a bad name with the title of the thread., makes sense now.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

I'll keep on dishing it out to you too. The only one on this whole board I have a problem with is you. If you've never had a problem with me then why have you been a complete jerk to me ever since the Obey Kitty release? Then you took it over to the Tyler Stout SW thread and took it up a notch, for which I responded. If you want to determine who cast the first stone, the thread is still there. It was you, not me who threw the first insult.

So it was only natural for junior forum police cadet fribhey to come over here and throw in another opinion.
IG - ATXjeweler
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Mira263 wrote:junior forum police cadet
:lol:
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Yes, that sucks, and it did happen to me. Totally my fault because I didn't/can't delete my old address, in fact it's still in the paypal system, and I have to manually change it before every order... I can't get rid of it even after going through all the steps to do so.
Is this what's happening to you?

Which print was it?
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I'm guessing it's a hotmail addy that you used for the purchase? I had the same problem with email confirms with paypal, not just with Obey, but with a a majority of shipping emails not coming to me and the culprit was hotmail. I'd suggest switching to real gmail account for all your purchases and get off the joke that hotmail is...
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

I have a gmail account. This is the first time it has ever happened. I know it was my bad for not checking the paypal address. I didn't think of that because I had already changed it and made two purchases that went through fine and arrived at my new place.

Even if I had told Obey that it was being sent to the wrong address, it wouldn't matter. They only send to the paypal address on file. So even though I had inquired about the status of the order, nobody was there to answer my question until two weeks later. By that time it was too late. My only beef is that I never got the tracking number or shipping info until last night. If I had it prior I could have contacted UPS, and tried to make other arrangements or have been watching the old house the day it arrived.

It wasn't a print. It was the business card case.

So I am not slandering Obey, I changed the title. It was more my fault than theirs
IG - ATXjeweler
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Got shafted indirectly

Post by alwaysalx »

Fribhey you gotta a lot of hate for Mira, smarten up! It ain't personal
Mira you gotta call paypal and ask them to remove the troubling address from your file (the only way!)
Junior Forum Police Cadet, hahahaha!
Mira even when you are annoyed at the Frib-Hole for his unneeded negative unasked for commentary, you still come up with a gem!
Hope it works out for you in the end!
p.s.
Obey HAS changed addresses for me on a few of my deliveries, they DO NOT always shipped to the confirmed addy!
'the best things in life, are not things!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

alwaysalx wrote:Fribhey you gotta a lot of hate for Mira, smarten up! It ain't personal
i don't have any hate for anyone, mira attacked me in another thread and in this thread i was pointing out that obey didn't shaft anyone. obey shipped to the address that was provided to them, it's the fault of the customer for not providing the correct address. obey is not at fault.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

It is hit and miss with me recieving shipping info from Obey. Sometimes I get a shipping email, sometimes the package just shows up without any notification that it was shipped. I have yet to figure out rhyme or reason.

Sorry that things got messed up. I have overlooked details before trying to get things done faster than I should. Hope it gets worked out...

as for the beef between you and Frib, maybe you two just need to spend some time apart. Perhaps a trial separation.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

fribhey wrote:
alwaysalx wrote:Fribhey you gotta a lot of hate for Mira, smarten up! It ain't personal
i don't have any hate for anyone, mira attacked me in another thread and in this thread i was pointing out that obey didn't shaft anyone. obey shipped to the address that was provided to them, it's the fault of the customer for not providing the correct address. obey is not at fault.

I attacked you personally AFTER you called me a child and said I am ALWAYS whining. For which you got a reply calling you a pompous pr*ck. Look up the definition, it fits you perfectly. This was after you told everyone in the obey kitty release thread they have entitlement issues for asking the status of orders going through. After you got all up my buttocks for misquoting George Lucas (for which "Blue Harvest" verifies my claim), and after I asked you a simple question.
IG - ATXjeweler
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

slidingaround wrote:

Man I lol'd at that pretty hard, but Mira I did remember one time I snagged a print on a heated drop day but never received the shipping notification until the day before it came in the mail. So yeah it does get sent late and Im assuming sometimes never at all, it COULD be Obey, it COULD be Ups, theres no telling. Im not dissing obey because Im sure probs are never done intentionally and they always resolve them, ish happens and it sucks when it happens to you, ya know. Ups keeps it 2 weeks I think, before sending it back so you could go there and bring some id and a utility bill from the old address and try and pick it up that way. Anyways, Im sure it can be resolved it you message Obey and tell em they might receive it back and if they could resend it. Good luck mayne.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

slidingaround wrote:
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Mira, please excuse me if what I'm about to suggest was already mentioned but after the first two idiotic posts I didn't feel like reading anymore; you should make a claim at paypal stating that you never received the print. Yes, you had it sent to the wrong address, but nevertheless you still did not receive the print. It might be the only shot you have. Best of luck.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

circa77 wrote:Mira, please excuse me if what I'm about to suggest was already mentioned but after the first two idiotic posts I didn't feel like reading anymore; you should make a claim at paypal stating that you never received the print. Yes, you had it sent to the wrong address, but nevertheless you still did not receive the print. It might be the only shot you have. Best of luck.

Thanks for the info. I have talked with UPS and Jaspr, and really not much that can be done. It was UPS bad for leaving a package at a house that clearly nobody lives at. It was my bad for having it sent there and not noticing for a week that it went to the old house. So its a loss. I could try the paypal thing, but I am not trying to have Obey lose money on something that was ultimately an accident by everyone involved.

However my luck hasn't gotten any better. I sold a print to a guy in Germany right before Xmas. It has now been a month and has not arrived, and he has launched a paypal and ebay claim against me. $400 loss on my end, and USPS is of course absolutely no help. So two lessons learned recently. Never send anything overseas, at least by USPS.... and always confirm that paypal has the correct address on file.

And if anyone ever sees Tara McPherson's Idealization of Asyemmetrical thought 5/10 AP up for sale, let me know. In another couple of weeks I am reporting that print as stolen.
IG - ATXjeweler
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

If you sent your print to be signed for on the other end you will have proof it arrived. I always send prints this way, you are then covered.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:If you sent your print to be signed for on the other end you will have proof it arrived. I always send prints this way, you are then covered.
the problem with USPS and sending internationally is that they don't do international signature confirmations. i specifically asked them about this and they told me that once the package is out of their hands and given to another carrier that they could no longer confirm anything. i pressed them on it and they kept saying they can't. but i do believe they offer and charge for the service even though they can't do it. if i do sell internationally through ebay, which i try to never do because of the whole issue mira is experiencing, then i will only ship with UPS because they can give confirmation since they are the ones actually delivering the item.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

This happened to me one other time when i sent a print to Italy. Which I actually discussed with the buyer of this print before he purchased. We both agreed that Germany had a better and more trustworthy postal system than Italy's, who are known for losing and destroying packages. But with the print I sent to Italy, it bounced around Europe and the USA for 3 months before finally showing up at my doorstep, ironically the day I moved out of that house.

I am hoping this does the same thing eventually. I won't be shipping internationally again though. $400 burn and no print to show for it either.
IG - ATXjeweler
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

fribhey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:If you sent your print to be signed for on the other end you will have proof it arrived. I always send prints this way, you are then covered.
the problem with USPS and sending internationally is that they don't do international signature confirmations. i specifically asked them about this and they told me that once the package is out of their hands and given to another carrier that they could no longer confirm anything. i pressed them on it and they kept saying they can't. but i do believe they offer and charge for the service even though they can't do it. if i do sell internationally through ebay, which i try to never do because of the whole issue mira is experiencing, then i will only ship with UPS because they can give confirmation since they are the ones actually delivering the item.
I doubt any postal employee in the US knows this, but generally, you can pull signatures on USPS Express Mail International packages if it's supported by the receiving country's EMS carrier's website.

Since USPS uses EMS as it's carrier, a little detective work will usually yeild a signature name. Google the recipient's country name and "EMS." For example, if you search for "UK EMS" your top result is parcelforce.com. Access that site and enter your tracking number. Magically, the number will always work on their end and will almost always give you more detailed results than USPS.com describing what happened once the package entered that country; typically, this includes signature name.

This saved my a$$ on at least one occasion when I was able to tell an angry Londoner that his print had been signed for by a neighbor on his floor in an apt. building. For this reason, when I ship anything of serious value overseas, I always use USPS Express - it's not much more expensive than the basic service, the insurance is far cheaper and the tracking is excellent.