Are people on Expresso Beans cheap??

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
I have had some interesting experiences on eBeans. Anytime I post items for sale, people come back with some unbelievably low offers. Now, I am all for a good bargain hunt and trying to get the most bang for your buck. But some of the offers are plain smeared. IF anything, makes me want to list on eBay or even Craigslist.

Am I the only one with these experiences?
submethod
Giant

People who low ball, no matter from what site, are trying to take advantage of the seller so they can make a profit.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

I agree though, it's a joke.
JErikR
JErikR
Giant

I got low-balled on the hook up thread where my prints were either cost or 50 bucks below cost and what they were selling for secondary market
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

collection/others.php?u=2222
jwoods103
Giant

fribhey wrote:People who low ball, no matter from what site, are trying to take advantage of the seller so they can make a profit.

That's probably true in most cases.

That said, I often try to get a low price (I wouldn't say low ball), and I've never flipped anything. Just trying to stretch limited bucks as far as I can while building my collection.
jak88
Giant

jak88 wrote:
fribhey wrote:People who low ball, no matter from what site, are trying to take advantage of the seller so they can make a profit.

That's probably true in most cases.

That said, I often try to get a low price (I wouldn't say low ball), and I've never flipped anything. Just trying to stretch limited bucks as far as I can while building my collection.

i think there's a difference in trying to get a low price and low balling someone. everyone wants to get a good deal but low balling means you are trying to rip someone off.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Agree on most points. I think the bigger question is if eBeans these days is a true evaluation of a print's value?
submethod
Giant

submethod wrote:Agree on most points. I think the bigger question is if eBeans these days is a true evaluation of a print's value?

Only for the price history of sales, not the actual sales made on ebeans.
Cookie Head
Giant

submethod wrote:Agree on most points. I think the bigger question is if eBeans these days is a true evaluation of a print's value?

i do because something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. you will always have your anomalies but if something consistently sells for below the perceived value then that perceived value is wrong.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

The title of this thread makes me think of those Geico commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHr ... r_embedded
Check out my print collection. collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
notudon
Giant

fribhey wrote:

i do because something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. you will always have your anomalies but if something consistently sells for below the perceived value then that perceived value is wrong.

Sucks, but more true than not.
djsp
Giant

Ebeans is scarcely a collector's forum anymore and has become much more of a cuthroat commodity flipper board.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
cybernigel
Giant

I think it covers both extremes with some lowballing to make a buck and some who try to artificallly inflate the value of pieces they own.
"I make my own luck."
danklax5
Giant

danklax5 wrote:I think it covers both extremes with some lowballing to make a buck and some who try to artificallly inflate the value of pieces they own.

Like Blazedoutbee? ;) I couldn't resist, sorry mods!
'the best things in life, are not things!
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

alwaysalx wrote:
danklax5 wrote:I think it covers both extremes with some lowballing to make a buck and some who try to artificallly inflate the value of pieces they own.

Like Blazedoutbee? ;) I couldn't resist, sorry mods!

QFT
on point like a decimalist?
whyhoo
itsame

Return to Giant vs Giant