'out for delivery' day 8

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
justin
Giant

'out for delivery' day 8

Post by justin »

I have a Fairey flag offset that was supposed to delivered last Monday. Its been 'out for delivery' everyday since, and the delivery date updates every morning. Its quite annoying because I want to get this print framed.

Has this happened to anyone? Do I contact UPS and ask whats going on?
vvk
Giant

Re: 'out for delivery' day 8

Post by vvk »

try contacting ups, but they may tell you that the shipper needs to contact them , @ which point you will contact the shipper, the shipper will contact ups and ups will put a tracer on the package. 8 days is alot of time, some of the things that could of happened...
1. it was lost
2. ( more likely) it was delivered to someone else accidentally and they did not notify ups that they got a extra package.

Sometimes we recive alot of boxes in one day, Our driver unload them from the truck and tells us we have 48 boxes, We count the boxes and hopefully our #s match, and we sign for the 48... every now and again
he says he should be dropping off 48 boxes but can only find 47, this is because one was lost or delivered to someone else. Being as though your package was never signed for... it was either delivered to someone by mistake without signature required or got lost. typical travel time from socal to bay area is 2 business days via ups

since this a open edition flag offset, in a perfect world, obey should just ship you out another one and get you what you ordered and deal with ups on the back end, as im sure they insured the package ( even if they did not pay for insurance, ups usually has automatic $99.00 insurance on evey package) however as we know the world is not perfect, and obeys polices may be different. Either way.. im sure it will be handled in a professional / courteous manner.

keep us posted
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

justin wrote:I have a Fairey flag offset that was supposed to delivered last Monday. Its been 'out for delivery' everyday since, and the delivery date updates every morning. Its quite annoying because I want to get this print framed.

Has this happened to anyone? Do I contact UPS and ask whats going on?

Yes, contact UPS. This happened to me before. They lost it. I got a replacement. You will too, good luck.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

Update: claim was filed a few days after initial post ago. Replacement just came..

First one is lost, this second one is damaged to the max, third time could be a charm?
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

d@mn! that sucks!
IG - ATXjeweler
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

FUKK UPS
'the best things in life, are not things!
tkrabago
Punk

Post by tkrabago »

I am having quite the nightmare myself.

Ordered Bayshore Billboard.....received a badly damaged tube. Did the UPS damaged package process.......received another badly damaged tube. Did the UPS damaged package process again....and just received a crisp SUNSET AND VINE BILLBOARD!!????!?!??! Now I have 2 beautiful Sunset and Vine Billboard prints and 2 Bayshore Billboards which are practically folded in half. We will see what happens next.
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

tkrabago wrote:I am having quite the nightmare myself.

Ordered Bayshore Billboard.....received a badly damaged tube. Did the UPS damaged package process.......received another badly damaged tube. Did the UPS damaged package process again....and just received a crisp SUNSET AND VINE BILLBOARD!!????!?!??! Now I have 2 beautiful Sunset and Vine Billboard prints and 2 Bayshore Billboards which are practically folded in half. We will see what happens next.

Are you in Austin? Your UPS driver must be a clumsy a$$hole! Mine get delivered intact every time and almost the exact same time on delivery day. I usually get an email on the way home telling me it is waiting. I haven't gotten a busted tube in about 2 years now, even then the print was fine.

Good luck, that sucks you guys are having so much trouble!
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Mira263 wrote:

Are you in Austin? Your UPS driver must be a clumsy a$$hole! Mine get delivered intact every time and almost the exact same time on delivery day. I usually get an email on the way home telling me it is waiting. I haven't gotten a busted tube in about 2 years now, even then the print was fine.

i don't think it's the drivers fault, or at least most of the time it's not... i think most of the damage occurs at the sorting facilities where everything gets thrown around and bigger and heavier packages smash the smaller packages. the drivers don't even load their truck, they just deliver what's in the truck to the door.
tkrabago
Punk

Post by tkrabago »

I am in Austin. I have received 30+ prints from Obey and this was the first and second tube which has come damaged. It's kinda funny that it was the same print.
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
Mira263 wrote:

i don't think it's the drivers fault, or at least most of the time it's not... i think most of the damage occurs at the sorting facilities where everything gets thrown around and bigger and heavier packages smash the smaller packages. the drivers don't even load their truck, they just deliver what's in the truck to the door.
don't forget about the ever popular UPS baseball game! or epic lightsaber battles! luke i am your father!
on point like a decimalist?
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

I didnt know they don't load their own trucks. I assumed they would, but UPS is king of timing. So it would make sense to have loaders separate from drivers.

Someone around ATX is playing UPS baseball it seems...
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Mira263 wrote:I didnt know they don't load their own trucks. I assumed they would, but UPS is king of timing. So it would make sense to have loaders separate from drivers.

Someone around ATX is playing UPS baseball it seems...
Any time there would be a damaged package my UPS guy always would say "that's how they put it on the truck, my job is to take it from the truck and give it to you... Call them and complain". I'm sure they get banged around in the truck but with some of the damage i've seen there's no way it was caused by the driver. Most of it happens at all the sort facilities the tubes go through before it makes it to the truck.
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

The second replacement came, and the print is perfect. Glad its all good now. Can't wait to have this big print framed.