flipping discussion split from revolutions thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
noetic
Giant

Re: flipping discussion split from revolutions thread

Post by noetic »

I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

I see you understand that there is not a forum rule about flipping. Just because there is not a rule prohibiting, doesn't mean flipping doesn't exist. Most of us try to honor Shep's wishes against flippers. You are proof flipping exists. Nuff said. It is obvious you are gonna defend flipping until you are blue in the face. That's cool. Just don't get upset when people call you what you are, and that is a flipper. Own it.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

woodyland wrote:
jak88 wrote:Sorry, everyone is NOT entitled to their own definition of "flipping."
Webster's: "to buy and usually renovate (real estate) so as to quickly resell at a higher price "
Wikipedia: "practice of buying an asset and quickly reselling (or "flipping") it for profit ... flipping can apply to any asset"
Possession is irrelevant. Timing ("quickly") and intent ("for profit") are the only issues. Period.
Woody and others, you can keep hacking at this, but you're flat wrong. Move on.
Define 'asset'.
OK now you're just being obstinent. Really? You take issue with idea that a print or other art piece is not an asset? Asset = an item of value owned. Webster's. But you could have looked that up yourself.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

"I make my own luck."
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

spagucci1 wrote:I see you understand that there is not a forum rule about flipping. Uh, yes there is, as illy pointed out. Just because there is not a rule prohibiting, doesn't mean flipping doesn't exist. Most of us try to honor Shep's wishes against flippers. You are proof flipping exists. Prove it! Show me! Show everyone that's following this diatribe. Nuff said. It is obvious you are gonna defend flipping until you are blue in the face. I am not going to, & haven't yet so far, defend flipping because my definition differs from yours. That's cool. Just don't get upset when people call you what you are, and that is a flipper. Own it.
Dude, you are again so full of yourself. All I've done is defend someone's right to sell something in their possession which aligns w/thegiant rule. I dare you to prove me a flipper by anyone's definition. Do it. Don't just sit there & accuse me of something you know nothing about. Boy, folks agreeing w/you & you puff your chest & blow smoke when you should have shown your muster when I challenged you before. But then you were predictably quiet. Lastly, I offered you an olive branch & this is what you do w/it. Hey, wait one cotton~pickin' minute. You said you were going to foe me. HA! It just figures now doesn't it.
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

jak88 wrote:You take issue with idea that a print or other art piece is not an asset?
Of course not, or rather just to make it clear, of course art = asset. I'll just let that bounce around for a while.
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

woodyland wrote:
jak88 wrote:You take issue with idea that a print or other art piece is not an asset?
Of course not, or rather just to make it clear, of course art = asset. I'll just let that bounce around for a while.
Define 'bounce'.
cargo
Punk

Post by cargo »

spagucci1 wrote:I see you understand that there is not a forum rule about flipping. Just because there is not a rule prohibiting, doesn't mean flipping doesn't exist. Most of us try to honor Shep's wishes against flippers. You are proof flipping exists. Nuff said. It is obvious you are gonna defend flipping until you are blue in the face. That's cool. Just don't get upset when people call you what you are, and that is a flipper. Own it.

My name is cargo and I'm a flipper.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

cargo wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:I see you understand that there is not a forum rule about flipping. Just because there is not a rule prohibiting, doesn't mean flipping doesn't exist. Most of us try to honor Shep's wishes against flippers. You are proof flipping exists. Nuff said. It is obvious you are gonna defend flipping until you are blue in the face. That's cool. Just don't get upset when people call you what you are, and that is a flipper. Own it.

My name is cargo and I'm a flipper.

you are not alone!

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17890

:lol: :lol:
on point like a decimalist?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

*yawn(bump)
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Who's got my old stickers?
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

halopigg wrote:Image
My sister had green & yellow foil wallpaper of this design in the early 70's.
I received three obey stickers in a tube I opened today(NOT from obey). I have no idea what they are except that they're probably not old. PM me if you want to know what they are & I'll investigate.
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

woodyland wrote: I received three obey stickers in a tube I opened today(NOT from obey). I have no idea what they are except that they're probably not old. PM me if you want to know what they are & I'll investigate.
OK, I think he may be Kalm now too.
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

Who is this Kalm that you speak of? Link me up to some of his 'rants'.
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

woodyland wrote:Who is this Kalm that you speak of? Link me up to some of his 'rants'.
Who said anything about 'rants'?
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

fribhey wrote:
woodyland wrote:Who is this Kalm that you speak of? Link me up to some of his 'rants'.
Who said anything about 'rants'?
Jesus. Sorry.
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
BigBp0057
Propaganda Engineer

Post by BigBp0057 »

woodyland wrote:Jesus. Sorry.
I am pretty sure Christ never said anything about rants. Check the bible to be sure.
#1 ISO Visual Disobedience 04, #2 ISO Guns & Roses 18x24
Obey Prints For Sale: http://www.obeygiantprints.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

noetic wrote:Image
Classic.
woodyland
Punk

Post by woodyland »

BigBp0057 wrote:
woodyland wrote:Jesus. Sorry.
I am pretty sure Christ never said anything about rants. Check the bible to be sure.
Matthew 5:9
Hunt & crucify! Hoorah!
StatMasterson
Punk

Post by StatMasterson »

Quick question. If Obey supposedly has a list of buyers that flip prints. Why are there still prints being posted ?..for sale on eBay the same day it's released?... This has been going on for a few years & I still see new prints being sold the same day that they have been releasesd by the same sellers... I still haven't seen any action against them... As far as selling the sets if I paid $950 for a print or box set wether it be a banksy, Fairey or whoever... I don't think anyone has a right to tell me what I can or can't do with it... I could set it on fire or wipe my a$$ with it & you couldnt tell me nothing...Who am I or who is anyone to tell anyone else what they can do with a print/set when they spent their hard earned money on it... If it was free then I can understand people being upset about it, but it was $950... if you got a set you had to probably wait in line forever for it. So your time would come into play, some peoples time is worth more then others... Also with the economy the way it is certain financial situations come up unexpectedly... It also gives people that don't live in LA a chance to get a copy... Supply & demand!! Isn't that what Shep preaches?... It's supply, demand, opportunity & means... Just my thoughts... I wish I would have had the time, opportunity & the means to get a set myself. But, I didn't. My loss... At least Woodyland was up front & honest. He didn't hide behind an eBay member(code name).
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

StatMasterson wrote:Quick question. If Obey supposedly has a list of buyers that flip prints. Why are there still prints being posted ?..for sale on eBay the same day it's released?...
do all the people who post the print on eBay the same day it sells on OG post their name, email and address as well? It is a fact that they do have a list of flippers. It is also a fact that they don't have a list of every flipper known to man. Nobody said OG knows every single flipper in the world and had all their info.

OG can only do so much.

Point to one person who is telling you what you can and can't do with something you own. There's a huge difference between selling something that is in your possession and selling something you bought but don't have yet. This forum and OG (as well as ebay) has a policy against selling items that you don't have in your possession. OG has every right to cancel any order they want to, so if you are caught selling something they haven't even shipped yet they can cancel your order. this is not OG telling what you can or can't do with something you own because you don't own it until it's in your possession.

The only people telling you want you can or can't do with something you own are people who have issues with flippers. I don't like people who buy with the sole intention on selling it, because it takes the print out of a collectors hands, BUT I've always had the same personal policy you have. It's nobody else's business what you do with something you own.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

It bothers me more to hear the whining than to miss the print... but of course I don't have to read the whining! Missing a print just means luck wasn't with me that day even though I've done everything I can to increase my chances of scoring (platinum club, what?). I don't clench my fist and curse the sky at the thought of some flipper posting the preview image from obeygiant.com to sell their print on ebay, but that's just me.
on point like a decimalist?