Ebay feedback

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
halopigg
Giant

Ebay feedback

Post by halopigg »

Well this is the section for moans and groans so I figured I'd vent here. I just got a negative feedback rating on ebay from an international buyer. I shipped the print in a standard Obey tube within 48 hours of the auction closing. The guy wrote this as part of his negative feedback "4 weeks to arrive, £30 import charges because of the way it was posted. Beware!" I did nothing wrong, I claimed the exact value, and I shipped it the way USPS told me I had to. Is this negative warning warranted? Can I do anything about it? I contacted the guy and said that I felt his criticism was a little harsh considering I did everything I could on my end. Ugh, that's all.

dan
Who's got my old stickers?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Ebay feedback

Post by conartstudio »

it's against ebay's rules to post negative feedback because of customs charges or delays.

here's the link to report feedback (click on selling>report member>"Buyer is misusing the Feedback system"): http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... om=1002955

Guidelines for feedback removal:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fee ... moval.html
A buyer leaves a seller negative or neutral Feedback that refers to customs delays or customs fees (see below).
We will remove Feedback if the listing meets the requirements below and the seller receives a negative or neutral Feedback comment that refers to customs delays or customs fees.

Requirements

The following text, or very similar text, must be included in the listing. You can cut and paste this directly into your listing:

International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
This text must also be:
- Free standing or apart from other text in the item description
- In a font size no smaller than the majority of the other text in the item description
- Prominently displayed in the upper half of the item description
- You might also want to include the following information for potential buyers:
- Customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.
- We won't under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

thanks john.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

ugh, so i didn't have that preface in my sales item. I contacted the guy. hopefully we can come to a resolve.