What part of no international shipping don't you understand?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
submethod
Giant

What part of no international shipping don't you understand?

Post by submethod »

It is becoming obvious to me that people on eBay need to get a fvcking clue and stop bidding on my auctions if they live outside of the US! I state it in my auction NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. Even more so, my account has its preferences set up to state no international bidders. What gives????
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: What part of no international shipping don't you underst

Post by conartstudio »

submethod wrote:It is becoming obvious to me that people on eBay need to get a fvcking clue and stop bidding on my auctions if they live outside of the US! I state it in my auction NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. Even more so, my account has its preferences set up to state no international bidders. What gives????
i've had this issue when i was selling camera equipment and still had someone buy something. when i called ebay they said that an international bidder couldn't have bid yet i pointed them to their billing and shipping address (they had already paid) ebay refunded my money.

there's a second setting somewhere that you have to also choose. i had it set to no international bidders but ebay told me to also remove all the other countries. i don't sell a lot so i don't know if that extra step worked but when i have sold since i haven't had any international winners/bidders.
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

fribhey wrote:
submethod wrote:It is becoming obvious to me that people on eBay need to get a fvcking clue and stop bidding on my auctions if they live outside of the US! I state it in my auction NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. Even more so, my account has its preferences set up to state no international bidders. What gives????
i've had this issue when i was selling camera equipment and still had someone buy something. when i called ebay they said that an international bidder couldn't have bid yet i pointed them to their billing and shipping address (they had already paid) ebay refunded my money.

there's a second setting somewhere that you have to also choose. i had it set to no international bidders but ebay told me to also remove all the other countries. i don't sell a lot so i don't know if that extra step worked but when i have sold since i haven't had any international winners/bidders.
Thanks F. I will look into it. I think its basically me watching all my auctions. :(
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

There's an option under 'buyer requirements' which comes just after the payment method on the selling form if I'm not mistaken.
on point like a decimalist?
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

whyhoo wrote:There's an option under 'buyer requirements' which comes just after the payment method on the selling form if I'm not mistaken.
Already enabled that a while back. Dunno what gives.
ROBTWIN666
Swindler

Post by ROBTWIN666 »

On the other side of the coin, I live in Canada and for some reason I get hosed on international shipping everytime. Is it out of the us? Yes, but barely. I only live 400 miles from the us border. Why should I pay the same price as shipping to Europe, china or Australia. Is Canada really international? I have decided not to buy a few prints off of eBay lately due to this. If someone wants $15 to ship to the US then how can I justify the extra $30 to Canada.

My rant of the day
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

ROBTWIN666 wrote:On the other side of the coin, I live in Canada and for some reason I get hosed on international shipping everytime. Is it out of the us? Yes, but barely. I only live 400 miles from the us border. Why should I pay the same price as shipping to Europe, china or Australia. Is Canada really international? I have decided not to buy a few prints off of eBay lately due to this. If someone wants $15 to ship to the US then how can I justify the extra $30 to Canada.

My rant of the day
All you have to do is compare rates on the USPS.com website like I just did:

If I ship a 1-pound, 8-ounce package (print-sized triangular Priority "tube") from my house to Spokane, WA, the rate without bells and whistles (insurance, tracking, signature) is $14.95.

If I ship the exact same-sized package, with exactly the same weight, to Edmonton, ~440 miles beyond Spokane (but only ~300 miles from the US/Canada border, so closer than you are), the price without bells and whistles is $35.50.

If the final value of the contents is high enough to cause a seller to switch from Priority to Express shipping (because of PayPal seller protection rules), it's even more.

So, if someone wants $15 to ship to the US then how can you justify the extra $30 to Canada?

Justify it because it's International, and those are the rates.

Sorry, but it is.

But, hey, you guys get ready access to Player's Cigarettes, so it comes out a wash.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
ROBTWIN666
Swindler

Post by ROBTWIN666 »

admonkey wrote:
ROBTWIN666 wrote:On the other side of the coin, I live in Canada and for some reason I get hosed on international shipping everytime. Is it out of the us? Yes, but barely. I only live 400 miles from the us border. Why should I pay the same price as shipping to Europe, china or Australia. Is Canada really international? I have decided not to buy a few prints off of eBay lately due to this. If someone wants $15 to ship to the US then how can I justify the extra $30 to Canada.

My rant of the day

If I ship a 1-pound, 8-ounce package (print-sized triangular Priority "tube") from my house to Spokane, WA, the rate without bells and whistles (insurance, tracking, signature) is $14.95.

If I ship the exact same-sized package, with exactly the same weight, to Edmonton, ~440 miles beyond Spokane (but only ~300 miles from the US/Canada border, so closer than you are), the price without bells and whistles is $35.50.

If the final value of the contents is high enough to cause a seller to switch from Priority to Express shipping (because of PayPal seller protection rules), it's even more.

So, if someone wants $15 to ship to the US then how can you justify the extra $30 to Canada?

Sorry, but it is.

But, hey, you guys get ready access to Player's Cigarettes, so it comes out a wash.
Thanks Admonkey

As usual everything looks in ordered here! :D

I haven't ever looked at the costs broken down before. I guess I usually buy my prints from the artists and galleries and they usually charge less then shipping actually cost. I felt $45 was high since I had just gotten a print shipped ground from blk/Mkt for around $7 and another one ups air from obey for $30 and change. I guess I should consider my self lucky as I don't have to pay for any of my outgoing shipping, we have a guy at my office that takes care of all that.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

ROBTWIN666 wrote:
admonkey wrote:

My rant of the day

Sorry, but it is.

Thanks Admonkey

As usual everything looks in ordered here! :D

I haven't ever looked at the costs broken down before. I guess I usually buy my prints from the artists and galleries and they usually charge less then shipping actually cost. I felt $45 was high since I had just gotten a print shipped ground from blk/Mkt for around $7 and another one ups air from obey for $30 and change. I guess I should consider my self lucky as I don't have to pay for any of my outgoing shipping, we have a guy at my office that takes care of all that.
Regarding Obey, I know they have contracted services with UPS. Companies who do a lot of shipping-- and Obey does a lot of shipping-- get much better negotiated rates than schmoes who ship one-off at a time.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Thanks for including Spokane in your example. It is nice to see my city rep'd even if only in an example.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!