Anographics Aluminum Obey prints: Are they authorized? (NO.)

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Anographics Aluminum Obey prints: Are they authorized? (

Post by whyhoo »

with info like that, we're never actually going to know what went on! i think the wild speculation on the internet is more fun anyways!
on point like a decimalist?
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

TheOmethod wrote:I can confirm the accuracy of this statement:

"Petecasso wrote:
Well, Iv'e just got of the phone with Obey Giant Art, and have reached an agreement with them"
Not grammatically I hope...
Last edited by samuraiwriter on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

EBeans is going to have a hissy fit!
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

justin wrote:EBeans is going to have a hissy fit!
they already were and are
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fnord
Punk

Post by fnord »

Cross posting my last post on EB, I've got no dog in this fight but this really should have been settled by now:

That response from OG is one of the worst PR responses I've ever seen. Uninformative, probably misleading, and adds nothing to clarify while simply stirring a broiling pot of envy, greed, lust, and aluminum.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

fnord wrote:Cross posting my last post on EB, I've got no dog in this fight but this really should have been settled by now:

That response from OG is one of the worst PR responses I've ever seen. Uninformative, probably misleading, and adds nothing to clarify while simply stirring a broiling pot of envy, greed, lust, and aluminum.

and to stir the pot further, o methed said that they have reached a deal but he left out the part where p casso said that these were test prints - again just stirring the pot. :lol:
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

fnord wrote:Cross posting my last post on EB, I've got no dog in this fight but this really should have been settled by now:

Too many lawyers?

My guess, said printer sold his test prints/creative experiments with the art Shep sent him. (somewhere in the 50+ range) He was probably not authorized to sell them, based on whatever reason, lawyers got involved, Fairey and Co. got their beak wet, sales were "allowed."

Too cynical?
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

aust449 wrote:I agree with Optimus Rabbit that this guy wasn't committing any sort of intentional misrepresentation and that it is best to wait until all the facts are present before piling on someone.

At the same time, the release was misguided. He didn't spell Shepard's name correctly, he grossly oversold the prints, accidentally accepted payments from everyone he oversold to, then never sent out confirmation emails to those who actually did score (I still haven't gotten a confirmation email and have 1 or 2 which have shipped). With a little due diligence he likely could have avoided this whole mess and probably gotten a better return on his sale. Live and learn.
Post pics here when/if you get 'em. That goes for all lucky winners of peace goddess chicken dinners!
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
electrachrome
Posse

Post by electrachrome »

Phởgg wrote:Post pics here when/if you get 'em. That goes for all lucky winners of peace goddess chicken dinners!

the highly coveted and over sold, example #12
aust449
Swindler

Post by aust449 »

electrachrome wrote:
Phởgg wrote:Post pics here when/if you get 'em. That goes for all lucky winners of peace goddess chicken dinners!
the highly coveted and over sold, example #12
Congrats, looks great. Still waiting on mine. Are those oily marks in the print or just a reflection?
Last edited by aust449 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

thats gorgeous electrachrome, nice pick up!
on point like a decimalist?
electrachrome
Posse

Post by electrachrome »

aust449 wrote:Congrats, looks great. Still waiting on mine. Are those oily marks in the print or just a reflection?
the purple splashes are an undercolor within the black. it is a test print, so it's not gonna be perfect, but I think this is one of the few that look pretty close to Shep's original design. here is another shot (without flash). tucked nicely into a cheap 18x24 wooden frame.

pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

Authorized or not, that looks pretty cool.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

Is that the one on da bay?
You lucky mutha frankzappafurter
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
therivler1
Punk

Post by therivler1 »

no, ebay one is a different piece.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

pennylesspig wrote:Authorized or not, that looks pretty cool.
I dunno, looks pretty teste(?) to me.

Good on ya if you dig it, though!

Official Obey release right thar, btw.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

You can get it for 9k if you missed out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Purple looks pretty cool actually.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

PDC wrote:You can get it for 9k if you missed out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Purple looks pretty cool actually.
9k !?? - for a Purple Peace Goddess !!!!! :lol:

who knew they were worth more then the regular signed gallery versions!!! :lol: ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
therivler1
Punk

Post by therivler1 »

This is mine. Since no one really knows what these are worth, putting mine up for auction, starting at 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0847188994
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

therivler1 wrote:This is mine. Since no one really knows what these are worth, putting mine up for auction, starting at 300.

Why did you buy this just to sell it so quickly? Were you planing on flipping it from the start? I'm not judging, just wondering why...
therivler1
Punk

Post by therivler1 »

I thought I bought #6, which is closer to the standard obey colors. I guess I held out hope that I would get a different color profile, or one that is closer to the original. There is nothing wrong with these colors, it just wasn't what I wanted.

Given that, I was unsure how to proceed due to an unknown value. Sure, I could sell it at cost to someone and be nice, but if these are worth a lot more (as dictated by the market), that would be dumb of me. Nice, but dumb.

So, I really have no idea what these are worth, and I don't think anyone else does either. Mine isn't the nicest, and its not the worst. Perfectly average, and someone has to be first in helping determine the value of these.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

therivler1 wrote:I thought I bought #6, which is closer to the standard obey colors. I guess I held out hope that I would get a different color profile, or one that is closer to the original. There is nothing wrong with these colors, it just wasn't what I wanted.

Given that, I was unsure how to proceed due to an unknown value. Sure, I could sell it at cost to someone and be nice, but if these are worth a lot more (as dictated by the market), that would be dumb of me. Nice, but dumb.

So, I really have no idea what these are worth, and I don't think anyone else does either. Mine isn't the nicest, and its not the worst. Perfectly average, and someone has to be first in helping determine the value of these.
Stop phishing and put it on the bay............
"I make my own luck."
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Shonquan wrote:
therivler1 wrote:This is mine. Since no one really knows what these are worth, putting mine up for auction, starting at 300.

Why did you buy this just to sell it so quickly? Were you planing on flipping it from the start? I'm not judging, just wondering why...
I can't speak for therivler1, but I assume most were bought with the intention to be flipped. I assume this is why I caught a firestorm of negativity when I told them these were bootlegs and not worth anything.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »