Anographics Aluminum Obey prints: Are they authorized? (NO.)

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
BadJustin
Posse

Re: Are these authorized?

Post by BadJustin »

FIRST thing that comes to mind, no one has mentioned it in the EB thread, nor has anyone questiones "Rick_A_C" as to what his vested interest in this is. He's pretty vocal.
schmidt
Posse

Post by schmidt »

fribhey wrote:
schmidt wrote:They're authorized.

"Shepard sent me the art work, so yes they are authorized." -Peter Kellett @ anographics

Congrats on those that scored! D@mn me for sleeping on them...
And that makes then authorized how exactly?
Seems like a stand-up guy and business, on first impressions... Says he's working with Shepard. I'm gonna believe him...
fribhey wrote: My crystal ball says there will be about 50 really p1ssed off people in th near future over they fact that they were duped out of $250...
Wah
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

schmidt wrote:
fribhey wrote:
schmidt wrote:They're authorized.

"Shepard sent me the art work, so yes they are authorized." -Peter Kellett @ anographics

Congrats on those that scored! D@mn me for sleeping on them...
And that makes then authorized how exactly?
Seems like a stand-up guy and business, on first impressions... Says he's working with Shepard. I'm gonna believe him...
fribhey wrote: My crystal ball says there will be about 50 really p1ssed off people in th near future over they fact that they were duped out of $250...
Wah
Wah what? Thinking these are "authentic" Shepard Fairey fine art pieces is like thinking anything MBW sells are authentic Norman Rockwell prints. I was able to download the obey icon from obeygiant, if I print those on aluminum would you consider those to be "authentic" too?

By the way, I love how P. Casso uses the word "authentic" instead of "authorized"
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

Even if the dude is working with Shep, we don't know that he has permission to sell the test plates as art. $250 is a decent chunk of change to gamble on a big maybe. And if even if the sale is legit, I'd consider them more of a novelty than anything else.
aust449
Swindler

Post by aust449 »

Frankly, it sounds like they are what they are being sold as -- test panels. So they sound "authentic" in that respect. Of course the flip side is that it comes across as a garage sale from a project that never launched, so authorization is questionable. As long as you are buying it for what it is, and assuming he has the ownership rights to sell, I don't see the problem. That being said, until further notice, i wont be the first to try lugging one of these to the gallery and asking Shep to sign.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Got one. (well, not 100% sure but sent my money). don't care about authorized/authentic, not signed or which color way I get.
BadJustin
Posse

Post by BadJustin »

Solar wrote:Even if the dude is working with Shep, we don't know that he has permission to sell the test plates as art. $250 is a decent chunk of change to gamble on a big maybe. And if even if the sale is legit, I'd consider them more of a novelty than anything else.
not to mention you aren't going to get what you paid for as far as the image is concerned, the damage shown in some of the pics, people have been indicating that it goes to an unconfirmed paypal address, this is the business that I got reverse number look up ( http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/ ... 8-970-9655 ), there were 21 and now there are more than 50, the link has been up since early afternoon yesterday and more than 50 are still available as of the next day, I can still cart one regardless of the "sold out" message, no one from OG has said a word about it, websites aren't that expensive to host for a day or two, give me a second and I can come up with more reasons that I did not buy YESTERDAY......

Hope all that bought scored and it does turn out to be true and I kick myself in the buttocks down the road. It just wasnt for me.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Good luck to those who are taking a big risk with these. I like my authentic Peace Goddess metal a little mote than these suspicious ones.

MUZZY
Posse

Post by MUZZY »

i bet it cost more than $250! that's awesome!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

I never cared for this image at all but I hope it works out for those that purchased one.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

This is shady, and shady isn't legit. If its not signed, you might as well have it printed yourself. That being said, it may cost at least $250 to print it. Just ask yourself WWSD, and I don't think Shep would be thrilled.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

I am not getting what everyone thinks these might be. Aren't these reproductions on metal? This is not a fine art piece that Shep normally does. I guess I am missing what is up. I mean you can buy a Banksy canvas on eBay right now. Doesn't make it a real Banksy. If you like the image and want it reprinted on a piece of metal, that's cool, but I don't get what the back and forth on this is. I mean honestly isn't Omethod on here everyday? I'm sure he could put this to rest. What say you O?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Is it me or is this Peter guy and Chuck Norris one in the same?
http://www.peterkellettart.com/html/bio.html
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

aust449 wrote:That being said, until further notice, i wont be the first to try lugging one of these to the gallery and asking Shep to sign.
hahaha. That's fo real.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

Anodized aluminum sounds pretty cool. Seems to me they should be worth the $250. Seems like it would cost that to make them.

I don't know anything about anything, but these seem like something reproduced for display in the clothing stores that finds its way for sale. It would be cool to have and hang on the wall, but it wouldn't be like owning a fine art piece from my perspective.

Congratulations to those that get one, if anyone gets one. Personally I think I'd rather have a screen print from an actual edition hanging on my wall though.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

We are looking into them.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

rumspring wrote:Personally I think I'd rather have a screen print from an actual edition hanging on my wall though.
therivler1
Punk

Post by therivler1 »

TheOmethod wrote:We are looking into them.
thx
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

TheOmethod wrote:We are looking into them.
So these are fake and P. Casso is really Jason Zenga??
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
MUZZY
Posse

Post by MUZZY »

the eb thread is pretty entertaining.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I am going to be releasing a few Bancksy's on metal. Please stay tuned for more info.

B.A. Squeeat.
Who's got my old stickers?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

halopigg wrote:I am going to be releasing a few Bancksy's on metal. Please stay tuned for more info.

B.A. Squeeat.
OMG!!! Gonna be worth sooo many monies!!!! Yay!
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

halopigg wrote:I am going to be releasing a few Bancksy's on metal. Please stay tuned for more info.

B.A. Squeeat.
I'm in, I don't give a frankfurter...
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

summoner wrote:

B.A. Squeeat.
There's a guy at the Melrose flea market that's got some pretty sweet Banksy canvases!
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

rastapunk wrote:
summoner wrote:

B.A. Squeeat.
There's a guy at the Melrose flea market that's got some pretty sweet Banksy canvases!
is his name MBW?