USPS blows pt 3D

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer

USPS blows pt 3D

Post by sweetjesus »

So. I recently bought a print on Ebay, listing has it shipped with del conf & ins. Tracking shows it has been delivered to my family's house. Tube is not there. Local PO has had mixed results with leaving tubes....sometimes in front door or on porch in a swing (good)...sometimes sticking a foot or so out of the mailbox (bad). In the process of following up now with USPS to see if they can retrace their steps. Riddle me this.... I've msg'd the seller twice, just to keep him in the loop about what is going on...he had msg'd back early on thanking me for paying quickly, but I haven't heard from him since. I just want to verify that insurance was bought on it before I give USPS what for. I have msg'd him again. What now? Should I try to follow up on the PO end and file claim with them? Or should I start a claim with Ebay on the presumption that insurance was assured but not given?

Thoughts?
summoner
Giant

Re: USPS blows pt 3D

Post by summoner »

If you messaged them in the past few days, it is Labor Day weekend here right now, so they could be on Holiday or something, give it a day or so and if you have not heard anything message them again and let them know that if you do not hear back from them in 2 business days they you will file a Paypal claim on the item. Hopefully that will light a fire and they will get back with you.

You should be able to see on the tracking page if the item was insured, however it will not tell you the exact amount it was insured for.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

i like the way you specified they could be on 'holiday', that's very culturally sensitive! :D
on point like a decimalist?
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

whyhoo wrote:i like the way you specified they could be on 'holiday', that's very culturally sensitive! :D
Too long living in the EU, it's made me all proper... And SHT! :lol:
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sweetjesus »

ohohoh.

another USPS story. Too lazy to type again, so I'll leave this here:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 6#p3074236
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

At least they paid you. I had a friend who had a $1k claim denied on a damaged print because the tube was not jacked up. I went with him to the post office when he asked for the print back and they could not find it. Claim approved and check received in 5 days.