FS: Hello Kitty in blue/purple

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
bdavenport
punk

FS: Hello Kitty in blue/purple

Post by bdavenport »

admin note: banter split from this topic: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26268

Great first post :roll:
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: FS: Hello Kitty in blue/purple

Post by jjttdw »

There are 10 on eBay with lower BIN prices.
Big_Rick
Punk

Post by Big_Rick »

jjttdw wrote:There are 10 on eBay with lower BIN prices.

Yes there seem to be more popping up. I am not sure what the market is on this. I'll lower price to $300 shipped.
Last edited by Big_Rick on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Big_Rick wrote:
jjttdw wrote:There are 10 on eBay with lower BIN prices.

Yes there seem to be more popping up. I am not sure what the market is on this. I'll lower price to $300 shipped.
How kind of you
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

I will give you $85 plus shipping and a six pack for waiting in line...
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

true story: This one time somebody who may have posted in this thread offered me a metallica print for twice the gallery asking price rather than tell me they were up online. Seems alot worse to me than someone who waited several hours for a print that everyone knows is going to be getting the OP's price in the aftermarket pretty consistently. Good luck with the sale
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

stuckeyc37 wrote:true story: This one time somebody who may have posted in this thread offered me a metallica print for twice the gallery asking price rather than tell me they were up online. Seems alot worse to me than someone who waited several hours for a print that everyone knows is going to be getting the OP's price in the aftermarket pretty consistently. Good luck with the sale
Since you are going to group me in your accusation I'd like to say it wasn't me... In fact, when I found out that Metallica print was available from the gallery I PMed every person in the thread who showed interest in it.

In your attempt at defending the seller by making some vague point, you're purposely making multiple people look bad. Either call the person out who tried to rip you off or don't say anything at all.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

Good point fribhey. I should probably not have said anything, especially in a banter free zone. Pre-coffee posts are never a good idea. with that I will only say bdavenport shouldnt be the first to judge this sale. Fwiw, I think frib was how I found out about the metallica print
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Post by superfly snuka »

This isnt mine but there's way too many entitlement issues on this board. You either are lucky to score a print or you're not - this applies to every drop / release. If you don't score one and get all butt hurt over people that did that's your problem. For this release - Some people waited 4+ hours and paid almost 100 for it at face value - Let the new member do their thang vs going on a witch hunt...
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

superfly snuka wrote:This isnt mine but there's way too many entitlement issues on this board. You either are lucky to score a print or you're not - this applies to every drop / release. If you don't score one and get all butt hurt over people that did that's your problem. For this release - Some people waited 4+ hours and paid almost 100 for it at face value - Let the new member do their thang vs going on a witch hunt...

Amen. And just wait until the other half are sold then pick one up on eBay, That will make about 1000 Hello Kitty prints out there...
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

stuckeyc37 wrote:Good point fribhey. I should probably not have said anything, especially in a banter free zone. Pre-coffee posts are never a good idea. with that I will only say bdavenport shouldnt be the first to judge this sale. Fwiw, I think frib was how I found out about the metallica print
Sadly, this is true. I would like to publicly apologize to the community for it too. I don't always make th best decisions, but I try my best to own them and be a better person going forward. This was a mistake and while I can't justify it, I can say that, to my knowledge, I haven't done that since as I realized at the time that it was a crappy thing to do. So, stuckeyc37, I appologize and ask for your fogiveness.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

Way to man up bdavenport. As far as I am concerned this is water under the bridge now. I move that all banter be stricken from the record and we let the op carryon with his sale
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

superfly snuka wrote:This isnt mine but there's way too many entitlement issues on this board. You either are lucky to score a print or you're not - this applies to every drop / release. If you don't score one and get all butt hurt over people that did that's your problem. For this release - Some people waited 4+ hours and paid almost 100 for it at face value - Let the new member do their thang vs going on a witch hunt...
This post is not in answer to superfly but is along the same lines. I live in a part of the country where cool art shows never come. So if I want a print like this I have to pay market value.. I haven't been collecting nearly as long as some on this board so most of what I have was purchased from eBay, this board and ebeans.

I bought the other two Kittys off ebay and the blue/purple from a board member at the same price as this print is listed. Based on the posts in the Anticipation thread, this print was a pain to get. So I have no problem with either the board member listing here or the one I bought from. In fact it seems to me that the more people selling the lower the price goes. My post above was only to let the seller know that the price was too high.....I probably should have used a PM.
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

stop with the banter.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Continue with the banter!
Who's got my old stickers?
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

sigh
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Post by superfly snuka »

jjttdw my post was in no way, shape or form directed at you personally in any way - my apologies if it came off like that.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

I wish we could 'like' or 'up' posts..
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

superfly snuka wrote:jjttdw my post was in no way, shape or form directed at you personally in any way - my apologies if it came off like that.
No worries Superfly, I didn't think it was directed at me. Even if your post was directed at me and me alone I woud take no offense because you raised valid points IMO.
spagucci1
Giant

Re: selling HK blue

Post by spagucci1 »

MOD NOTE: Split from another HK for sale thread....http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26299

How bout you sell it for cost?
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

No job. No unemployment check. I don't think I'd sell for face.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:No job. No unemployment check. I don't think I'd sell for face.
Still buying prints though? :roll:
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

It's true. I just got layed off 2 weeks ago. So what, I'm gonna get bashed for trying to sell this for another print? Wow. And since I'm new to this forum maybe someone should let me know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. Seems others do it. In that case ill just keep it to avoid any problems.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Is every thread for HK Blue sales going to have banter? We already had one thread split. Lets all just slug it out there.

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26275
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:It's true. I just got layed off 2 weeks ago. So what, I'm gonna get bashed for trying to sell this for another print? Wow. And since I'm new to this forum maybe someone should let me know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. Seems others do it. In that case ill just keep it to avoid any problems.
By forum rules? No, you are not breaking a rule. By community norms? Maybe. Some, myself included, feel that even if it is in hand, to sell so soon after purchase means you didn't buy to appreciate, but rather to make a buck. Some think this wrong. Others don't. There also doesn't seem to be much changing of peoples minds either. So, your choice is ignore us and sell it, or respond to the comments and amend your sale. Whether it is right or wrong is up to you.