ebay alert!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
hey guys,
this seller sold at least 6 endless power prints!! you can see it in his feedback.
so my question is, are the fake? or can this guy manage somehow to buy multiple prints at obey's in a single drop with multiple accounts?
here's the link
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback
cheers
sephirot8
Punk
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 21, 2013

looks to me like he BOUGHT that many endless power prints :wink:
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7552
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat

whyhoo wrote:looks to me like he BOUGHT that many endless power prints :wink:

I counted at least 8 sales of the print. He's either trying to manipulate the market with bogus bids in an attempt to artificially inflate the value or they actually bought that many... I'm betting he bought that many because this print was on the site for a few hours before selling out and they probably bought it with multiple Paypal accounts.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

when i see this i don't believe that obey is hawking eBay to punish flipper's.
i'm telling that cause someone told me that obey cancel accounts if they see early flips on eBay... i guess it's not true then.
sephirot8
Punk
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 21, 2013

psst...

hey dudes...

he BOUGHT all those endless power prints, didn't SELL them 8)
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7552
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat

lolol my mistake guys :lol: sorry for that.
mod can you lock please thanks
sephirot8
Punk
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 21, 2013

sephirot8 wrote:when i see this i don't believe that obey is hawking eBay to punish flipper's.
i'm telling that cause someone told me that obey cancel accounts if they see early flips on eBay... i guess it's not true then.

Obey absolutely cancels orders when they find prints on eBay prior to them being shipped. Once the buyer actually has the print in hand then there's nothing obey can do. It's not OG job to police everything that happens on eBay but they certainly can control orders that still haven't shipped and the can, and have, cancelled orders and banned people from buying in the future.

Read obey's policy regarding eBay here;
http://www.obeygiant.com/store/policy
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

whyhoo wrote:psst...

hey dudes...

he BOUGHT all those endless power prints, didn't SELL them 8)

Yeah, your right. Because of the original post, I didn't even bother looking to see if the feedback was as a buyer or seller... Seems like he's betting on potential future profits and demand on prints that currently have weaker demand... Or he just likes having many many multiples of the same prints.

Nothing illegal about buying items low on eBay and turning around and selling them for more on eBay.

Maybe he's trying to recoup some of his loses for all those MBW prints that he bought and is having a hard time unloading :)
Last edited by conartstudio on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

whyhoo wrote:psst...

hey dudes...

he BOUGHT all those endless power prints, didn't SELL them 8)



HAHAHAHAHAHA

And I thought I was bad by buying four Harmony prints. :oops:
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

jjttdw wrote:
whyhoo wrote:psst...

hey dudes...

he BOUGHT all those endless power prints, didn't SELL them 8)



HAHAHAHAHAHA

And I thought I was bad by buying four Harmony prints. :oops:

If you don't mind me asking, why did you buy four harmonies?
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

I got them for $80-90 or so. When I have to dig deep to pay for a big ISO I can sell all but one to defray the cost. And yes, I know it may be a couple years before these are $200+ prints but same could be said about Power and Imperial Glory prints I stocked up on a couple years back.
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

jjttdw wrote:I got them for $80-90 or so. When I have to dig deep to pay for a big ISO I can sell all but one to defray the cost. And yes, I know it may be a couple years before these are $200+ prints but same could be said about Power and Imperial Glory prints I stocked up on a couple years back.



a strategy that works oh so well! i stock up regularly when the market is flooded and then sell the sh!t out of them in a couple of years. obey is never a bad buy it seems!
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7552
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat

conartstudio wrote:
whyhoo wrote:looks to me like he BOUGHT that many endless power prints :wink:

I counted at least 8 sales of the print. He's either trying to manipulate the market with bogus bids in an attempt to artificially inflate the value or they actually bought that many... I'm betting he bought that many because this print was on the site for a few hours before selling out and they probably bought it with multiple Paypal accounts.

I don't rememember endless power selling out in a few hours? Is this right?
User avatar
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Jan 29, 2012

Jessica Ravelo wrote:
conartstudio wrote:
whyhoo wrote:looks to me like he BOUGHT that many endless power prints :wink:

I counted at least 8 sales of the print. He's either trying to manipulate the market with bogus bids in an attempt to artificially inflate the value or they actually bought that many... I'm betting he bought that many because this print was on the site for a few hours before selling out and they probably bought it with multiple Paypal accounts.

I don't rememember endless power selling out in a few hours? Is this right?

You're right, I got it mixed up with Pedestal which was took an hour and a half to two hours to sell out. Endless power sold out pretty quickly.
User avatar
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness
 
Posts: 10661
Joined: Jan 12, 2007

who the hell is going to make fake $80 prints? aim high or you're not doing it right.
SCAM ALERT - yoyoyo (w/proof)
heathunter881
Swindler
 
Posts: 198
Joined: May 18, 2009

heathunter881 wrote:who the hell is going to make fake $80 prints? aim high or you're not doing it right.



no one reads.

THE DUDE BOUGHT 8 OF THESE PRINTS, NOT SOLD THEM
on point like a decimalist?
User avatar
whyhoo
itsame
 
Posts: 7552
Joined: May 20, 2007
Location: I put on my robe and wizard hat


Return to Giant vs Giant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest