tools of the trade

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
DangerousBri
Swindler

Post by DangerousBri »

phishbeatles wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:So, are your smeared or just don't understand that Shepard and Jason are two different people???? :roll:

Either he doesn't understand that the print Jason was trying to buy was one that he created and not Shepard Fairey or he split the topic and started talking about Proud Parents offset....personally I am going with the fact he doesn't understand.

Talking about Proud parents in the other paragraphs, glad someone has a half a brain around here! :shock:

You didn't really make that clear.

phishbeatles wrote:
Gigantico wrote:1. Off topic...wrong thread...wrong print
2. Rehashed argument...try reading some other threads
3. The PP print and the offset are different....also it's obviously what people want
4. Bye, not nice knowing you
5. Phish Sucks

Funny what band do you think is so godly? I would love to know. You saying Phish sux just prooves to me your ignorant when it comes to music and you've probably never picked up a musical instrument in your life.

At the Drive-In and Refused.

Laugh are you serious dude, wow you just made my day. When's the last time Drive-in and Refused sold out a stadium? Are they able to throw festivals by themselves with 60-80,000 people their?

So Phish has as much musical talent as say Robbie Williams? Be careful when you equate record sales and concert ticket sales to musical genius.
Propaganda Minister
Punk

Post by Propaganda Minister »

You mis-interpret what I'm saying about creativity, the artist Chuck Close does about three paintings a year because of thier large size and his disability, Robert Rauchenberg does about three pieces a day at least before he had his stroke. So, I was merely reffering to the creative process as being sometimes on and sometimes not. But as far as Shepard releasing same image prints to just make money I can't agree with that and here's why... I have been collecting for only about three months but as near as I can tell Shep hasn't taken a 18 x 24 and re-released it as a 24 x 36 using the same image until now. I might be wrong and I'm sure someone will tell me if I am but after reading his book and seeing interviews on YouTube and Henry Rollins Show I think he is sincere when he says that the whole reason he releases affordable prints is that people like me and you can enjoy collecting on our level.
He states it clearly that he makes HPM's,Fine Art Prints and Hand Signed so that eveyone can indulge at whatever they can afford. Look at it this way, there is nearly 900 of us on this board, IF only half of us buy each week that means that 450 of us are trying to buy 300 prints so 150 of us get screwed each week, on a popular print like PP or Sunsets (which I had to buy aftermarket) that number of people trying to score one could be more like 700. That's assuming that the only people hitting the server at noon on Tuesday are members of this website and I'm sure that there are others who just buy his stuff who don't care to be here at all, speculators, gallery owners or people who make a business of EBAY for themselves. When seen in this light the reasoning behind re-releasing PP as an offset becomes clear, it is a devastating image, one that more than most really resonates with his message. The Proud Parents could easily be the same couple standing on the shore in "Sunsets" who now are older and have the burden of a child. Yes it's my interpretation but that for me is what makes it so interesting. The thing I can't understand is why so many people who are supposed to be fans of Shepard and his art take so many pokes at him whenever they can, if you don't want it don't buy it, it's like a TV-just turn it off if you don't like what's on right now. Also if you look up the definition- an Offset print is created when a large roller picks up an image from an inked stone and deposits it on paper. Silkscreen prints or Serigraphs as it is called are made when an artist using screens and stencils makes a print by hand. Therefore the Offset does not de-value the Silkscreen at all and a few years down the road they both will have value to collectors and dealers. :)
"Artists don't really see their work until someone takes it and puts it up on the wall someplace"-James Rosenquist 2003.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Good thoughts Prop. Min. and welcome to the forum.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... =15&page=1

check out all the cool phish concert posters!!! :P :P :P :P :P
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Look it's Andre and Phish together, we can all just get along.
Propaganda Minister
Punk

Re:Welcome

Post by Propaganda Minister »

cybernigel wrote:Good thoughts Prop. Min. and welcome to the forum.
:D Hey thanks for the welcome message it's great to be a part of all this.Cheers.
"Artists don't really see their work until someone takes it and puts it up on the wall someplace"-James Rosenquist 2003.
henna
-

Post by henna »

phishbeatles wrote:Funny what band do you think is so godly?

AC/DC
Van Halen (not van hagar)
Skynyrd
Def Lep...
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

henna wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:Funny what band do you think is so godly?

AC/DC
Van Halen (not van hagar)
Skynyrd
Def Lep...

You gotta keep on keepin on!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(one of my favorite movies of all time!)
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

thomassean wrote:
So Phish has as much musical talent as say Robbie Williams? Be careful when you equate record sales and concert ticket sales to musical genius.
Well, I guess it's worth buying a ticket just to watch Phish, because they are a truly talented artist.
are you seriously bumping a three year old thread to make a comment about phish?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
thomassean wrote:
Well, I guess it's worth buying a ticket just to watch Phish, because they are a truly talented artist.
are you seriously bumping a three year old thread to make a comment about phish?

my question is how you even ended up at this thread (not you frib)... did you google "phish plays robbie williams" or something similarly obscure?!!
on point like a decimalist?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

fribhey wrote:
thomassean wrote:
:lol: :!: