tools of the trade

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
whyhoo
itsame

tools of the trade

Post by whyhoo »

someone need to hook up filipow!!

looks like he was trying to score one but the dude cancelled his bid:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0141839960
Last edited by whyhoo on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

I actually won that. Did I out bid the man himself? I am honored!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

it looks like he bid, but the buyer canceled his bid. i bet he would have outbid you!
on point like a decimalist?
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

8) EBAY POLICE IS NOW OUT IN FULL FORCE 8)

whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

easycraig wrote:.

8) EBAY POLICE IS NOW OUT IN FULL FORCE 8)

well you'd think that if this was the case they'd be a little more subtle about it!

alls i'm sayin is someone hook up Jason - he's on the hunt!
JErikR
Giant

Tools

Post by JErikR »

Seriously? Did he not save one for himself?
JErikR
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-Its probably not even his id.... then again... who knows!?

funny either way!!!! I would think there must be something laying around....

I thought that maybe the seller thought it was Jason ( got scared ) so he canned him....

very funny!
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

easycraig wrote:-Its probably not even his id.... then again... who knows!?

on the Tools Of The Trade paint can auction, it was his id
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

skoola wrote:
easycraig wrote:-Its probably not even his id.... then again... who knows!?

on the Tools Of The Trade paint can auction, it was his id

-there you go..... dude selling DEFINITELY got cold feet!

:shock: :D :o :P :lol: :lol:
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

so why did he sell to me? The print is in perfect condition. I mean, I guess I would feel a little weird selling an OG print and seeing that Shepard was bidding on it. Then again, I'd also think that was cool.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

I'm guessing the seller dosen't want any one at OG knowing that they are flipping/selling since they have vaowed to ban people from buying OG prints if they are caught doing the "unthinkable". When he saw JF id he probably thought Jason was bidding to find out who was flipping the print and got scared. I don't know if that is the reason Jason bid.

Maybe Jason is just trying to bump the after-market value of his print:)
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

robotoil wrote:
lb1469 wrote:I'm guessing the seller dosen't want any one at OG knowing that they are flipping/selling since they have vaowed to ban people from buying OG prints if they are caught doing the "unthinkable". When he saw JF id he probably thought Jason was bidding to find out who was flipping the print and got scared. I don't know if that is the reason Jason bid.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Jason to tell us. Either way, some funny stuff.

there's actually another thread on another board (that you need to be a member of to see) that includes some of Jason's response about this - the sum of it is that he's looking for one of these prints because he does not have one of his own. or so says the poster on the other board.

so someone hook him up!
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

whyhoo wrote:
robotoil wrote:
lb1469 wrote:I'm guessing the seller dosen't want any one at OG knowing that they are flipping/selling since they have vaowed to ban people from buying OG prints if they are caught doing the "unthinkable". When he saw JF id he probably thought Jason was bidding to find out who was flipping the print and got scared. I don't know if that is the reason Jason bid.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Jason to tell us. Either way, some funny stuff.

there's actually another thread on another board (that you need to be a member of to see) that includes some of Jason's response about this - the sum of it is that he's looking for one of these prints because he does not have one of his own. or so says the poster on the other board.

so someone hook him up!

Doesn't he own the screens?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

i would wager to say that the sale of this print is well out of the "flipping" realm considering he started it at $10 and it's not like that print was on sale last week.
Mirage17738
Punk

Post by Mirage17738 »

Heck, if Jason wants one, I can send him mine for a little bartering. I think its one of the best prints this year, but if the man himself wants one I have no problems with it.

Kind of like giving a homerun ball back to the batter.

Jason if you see this, pm me :)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Mirage17738 wrote:Heck, if Jason wants one, I can send him mine for a little bartering. I think its one of the best prints this year, but if the man himself wants one I have no problems with it.

i believe the seller offered this:

"Jason,

I'm hard-pressed to believe that you do not have one of your own prints. Someone in your unique position inside Obey Giant/Studio One/giant.org should have no problem acquiring one for less than what you are bidding, either thru trade or or a friendly hookup. I myself sold a member of the poster community (on expresso beans) a Peace Mujer print for face value when he was shut out, so I know it happens.

At the same time, your bid could be viewed in a negative light by other potential bidders in many different ways. To be perfectly honest with you, I think this has more to do with OG and Studio One trying to prevent eBay 'flippers' from turning a quick profit on prints. Please keep in mind that I purchased this on April 10th, have had it in my portfolio for months, and only recently decided to sell as I am moving into a new house. Lastly, I started the auction price at $10.00 to let the market decide the value instead of the usual "Buy it Now" price for 4x face that is usually a sign of a quick flip.

Because of all these circumstances, and out of fear of being "banned" from purchasing new releases from Obey/Studio One I will be canceling your bid.

If you are truly interested in acquiring this print, I would be open to ending the auction early and working out a trade. "

and then Jason:

""'hard-pressed to believe'? sorry....it's the truch. fact is that i was too generous with the prints that i received as payment for my work on this design; they are all owned by friends and family now.

also, the accusation that i am part of some sort of obeygiant/ebay patrol is ridiculous...it's not my job to 'police' who is selling what here. i respect your decision to decline my bid, it's your print to do with what you choose, but your suspicions are incorrect."

buy hey this is just me copying stuff from another forum, i'd love to hear an official comment on the matter. and if he really is looking for one, why not ask the people here?
propogandadan1
Posse

Post by propogandadan1 »

gnarly...someone's gotta sack up and give the artist his due work...hell I would if I were lucky enough to have it. I'd like to think of it as karma...keep the good people at OBEY in a good mood!!
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

whyhoo wrote:
Mirage17738 wrote:Heck, if Jason wants one, I can send him mine for a little bartering. I think its one of the best prints this year, but if the man himself wants one I have no problems with it.

i believe the seller offered this:

"Jason,

I'm hard-pressed to believe that you do not have one of your own prints. Someone in your unique position inside Obey Giant/Studio One/giant.org should have no problem acquiring one for less than what you are bidding, either thru trade or or a friendly hookup. I myself sold a member of the poster community (on expresso beans) a Peace Mujer print for face value when he was shut out, so I know it happens.

At the same time, your bid could be viewed in a negative light by other potential bidders in many different ways. To be perfectly honest with you, I think this has more to do with OG and Studio One trying to prevent eBay 'flippers' from turning a quick profit on prints. Please keep in mind that I purchased this on April 10th, have had it in my portfolio for months, and only recently decided to sell as I am moving into a new house. Lastly, I started the auction price at $10.00 to let the market decide the value instead of the usual "Buy it Now" price for 4x face that is usually a sign of a quick flip.

Because of all these circumstances, and out of fear of being "banned" from purchasing new releases from Obey/Studio One I will be canceling your bid.

If you are truly interested in acquiring this print, I would be open to ending the auction early and working out a trade. "

and then Jason:

""'hard-pressed to believe'? sorry....it's the truch. fact is that i was too generous with the prints that i received as payment for my work on this design; they are all owned by friends and family now.

also, the accusation that i am part of some sort of obeygiant/ebay patrol is ridiculous...it's not my job to 'police' who is selling what here. i respect your decision to decline my bid, it's your print to do with what you choose, but your suspicions are incorrect."

buy hey this is just me copying stuff from another forum, i'd love to hear an official comment on the matter. and if he really is looking for one, why not ask the people here?

what forum?

where are you getting this information?
Our influence will be gigantic.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

I have a small skateboard company and design the graphics for the decks. One of the first graphics I did, I sold all of the decks. Now after a couple of deck designs since then, I decided I want to do a board wall, but I don't have that one deck that I sold out of. Kind of bummed.

So if Jason is actually trying to get ahold of one his prints after parting with all of them, I can understand where he's coming from.
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Post by superfly snuka »

We should all pitch in and buy Jason one...
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

superfly snuka wrote:We should all pitch in and buy Jason one...

If I had an extra I'd certainly donate it back to him . . . too bad I'm keeping the only one I've got! :wink:
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
phishbeatles
Punk

Post by phishbeatles »

Theres definetly something sketchy about this. The fact that this Jason kid didnt even mention in his reply back to the seller about a trade, when the seller said he would end the auction early and work something out is definetly sketchy.

Its pretty sad that he polices ebay. Its like dude go brainstorm a design for a new poster, then maybe you won't have to reuse images every other week.
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

phishbeatles wrote:Theres definetly something sketchy about this. The fact that this Jason kid didnt even mention in his reply back to the seller about a trade, when the seller said he would end the auction early and work something out is definetly sketchy.

Its pretty sad that he polices ebay. Its like dude go brainstorm a design for a new poster, then maybe you won't have to reuse images every other week.

do you know what your talking about?
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
!embrace¡
Propaganda Engineer

Post by !embrace¡ »

phishbeatles wrote:Theres definetly something sketchy about this. The fact that this Jason kid didnt even mention in his reply back to the seller about a trade, when the seller said he would end the auction early and work something out is definetly sketchy.

huh?
they call me the hiphopopotomous. my rhymes are bottomless......
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Should we take a vote and see if this is the most ignorant post of all time?

Who the fcuk it this Jason kid? :lol: