official Ebay WOW this print went high Thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
starvingstudent
Posse

Post by starvingstudent »

I'm suprised the chinese female and muslim female are going for so much. With a run size of 750 they must be all over the place. Were those given out as "gifts" because of the shipping issues?
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

henna wrote:I'm curious to what extent the UK / European purchases are pushing prices up. I mean, as the dollar = less and less of a brit's paycheck they don't mind spending more and more USD's on prints. Those of us in the US are looking at it as prices skyrocketing, but in reality, we sellers earn more in dollars than what they lose in pounds or euros.

sure you're right, I'm buying more prints (not only OG) from guys in the US because the conversion factor between € and $ is a real advantage for me but the shipping costs are going higher and higher (from $20 to $50 for a tube). OG.com charges $20 for each order to ship oversea and the delivery time is so long, I'm still waiting for the free print from order issues, still waiting the street weapons print (just got my tracking number yesterday) and IMO I will wait 2007 to recieve the last tuesday prints !
I was interested by the Rise Above series Large formats, but it costs me $212 just for shipping and handling without a fast and secure delivery as UPS (24 hours delivery). This set (edition of 50) costs the same price of 2 original fine art pieces (edition of 2)...

But I will do another hour of F5 on tuesday !! :lol:

XXXXXX
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

hm... maybe i need to list ish on ebay.co.uk?
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

Mike Panic wrote:hm... maybe i need to list ish on ebay.co.uk?

more like you need a british shipping agent to send these out for you via british post...i know that I tend to stray away from international auctions because of shipping price and wait time - im sure those limeys are the same way...the way to do it is to send 20 prints at a time over to your shipping agent who can then break them up for the individual auction winners...

if i wasnt so lazy i would be a millionaire! :)
cause i wreck when i tangle...
henna
-

Post by henna »

I don't think you can list on ebay.co.uk, atleast, I don't think it makes a difference. The listings overlap. Has anyone noticed UK sellers getting higher prices than US sellers for identical items, even when shipping costs are considered? It seems like many UK buyers would rather buy from UK sellers, even if it costs them more to do so. I know our beautiful American arrogance turns a lot of people off but to the point that they would spend extra money to avoid buying from us? Just seems weird to me.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

well, just like our fine french friend just told us, it takes durn near forever for them to get a print from US-->Europa. It sounds like these brits have some much coin falling out of their pocket that its worth a few extra coppers to get it quicker...

my thoughts...
cause i wreck when i tangle...
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

just like always on ebay you have to check everything : price of the print, feedback of the seller, shipping cost, rarity of the print... and time to really know what "value" you give to the print you're looking for...
long and hard task !!

XXXXXX
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

I've bought from UK sellers via ebay. Actually I think I've paid less even with conversion from a UK seller than I would have paid for it domestic. Shipping from point of sale to my door was about 10 days time. No complaints there. It takes longer for me to get my prints from OG with the recent frenzy.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

public enemy set of chuck d and flavor flav currently at $400

funniest part of the auction:
These prints are going for over $1000 each at http://www.coolestshop.com/prints.html

no... they are being listed for $1000 each... no one has yet to pay that much
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shepard-Fairey-OBEY ... dZViewItem

Looks like a legit buyer too.
(I personally wouldnt have even paid $200. Old yeah, but crappy image IMO.)
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

2000... not 200.

Its from 95. Pre Cali.
From a show in his home town.

Its not really bout the image.

And the buyer is on this site all the time. So it is legit.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

2000... not 200.

Thats what Im saying. I wouldnt have paid $200 let alone $2000.
Ya gotta respect the early stuff and I totally understand the collectability of it- but the image has to speak to me (even a little), at the same time, for me to purchase it.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Bonesy wrote:
2000... not 200.

Thats what Im saying. I wouldnt have paid $200 let alone $2000.
Ya gotta respect the early stuff and I totally understand the collectability of it- but the image has to speak to me (even a little), at the same time, for me to purchase it.
Baurmann Gallery
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Baurmann Gallery »

Yeah, I picked up that piece. It is going next to the Savage Giants when you walk in. Some people do not like the image, but I personally do ALOT [in terms of it especially not being typical of Shep's work] the greens especially fit perfect w/ some of my other work [and though I have not seen it yet in person, I am sure the quality of inks used were amazing-as like w/ the Savage Giants original].

My opinions aside, for something like that you need to look at it from several perspectives though. The history/importance of the piece is truly the most important thing about it. Shep did this when he was 25 as an art show in his hometown. The place it was at was Med Deli, which if you go to their site, is pretty funny to see how far Shep has come.

The other perspective is: 2K may be alot now, will it ever come up again in the future? Who knows, everyone may have saved the print from 95, or only a few, but I have never seen another of these come up hence me jumping like I did. It's a gamble either way, but w/ how much I love Shep's work, especially the EARLY EARLY stuff, if I did not buy it [assuming it would come up again] I could have been waiting years.

Long story short, I can always commission more work in the future but never go back to 1995, so I am very happy with the purchase for historical and aesthetic purposes.
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

lets hope this 2K poster of God gets to you in one piece or you will cry for days...
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Your right, If I had to bet on it I would bet that you are never going to see another one of those.......good buy IMO
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

That '95 print is kick buttocks IMHO. One of my favorites in fact, but that may just be because I was a Psych major and my study was subliminal behavior. Also, the year, the style the history all play in to this piece. Love it or hate it. It is a classic. I think this one would go nice next to "A Life". All those boxes. Congrats!
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

so we're gonna lock this thread pretty soon right? no point anymore really
Our influence will be gigantic.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

i dunno... im still rather interested... jerry from DW has said soemtimes he raises the prices of new prints that have sold out to such a high point that flippers can't buy them and flip on ebay... so that makes DW site not really market value - leaving the good ol'bay as what market value truely is.

im rather amazed i found a half dozen ali prints that sold for more then $150

the public enemy i listed above sold for $569, again, rather amazing, DW doesn't have it and a matching pair is rarely going to come up on ebay again for a while
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Post by C.Morrison »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Obey-Giant-Ali-Prin ... dZViewItem

Ali going for over $200.00, plus $15.00 shipping...
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

last one up thar
Our influence will be gigantic.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

its now at $251
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

I remember when I collected baseball cards as a kid and I would get the monthly book showing the prices. I would get excited when I saw in the book a card was worth $20. I would tell my dad and he would say, something worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That's the way I look at the Shep prints and anything of value.
Check out Detroit art
http://www.artattheedge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

my dad would say the same thing....maybe we're brothers?
avoid disappointment and future regret