ups really sucks

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

this is just insaine

how are prints selling out so fast?

for years, prints sit for a few weeks, now the last 2 times prints are selling out in minutes.... this is just effed up.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

how did you guys know that they would be listed?
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
speedoguy

Post by speedoguy »

we cant tell you that.. its a secret
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

I ordered my malcolm's and Big Brothers about an hour after they went up and I just received them today safe and sound and oh so pretty..lol
Check out Detroit art
http://www.artattheedge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

I just don't understand how there are so many on eBay when the only way people would've known they were going onsale is through this site. Do the flippers check this site everyday?
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

I think so ... :(
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
PK
Punk

Post by PK »

pogue79 wrote:I just don't understand how there are so many on eBay when the only way people would've known they were going onsale is through this site. Do the flippers check this site everyday?

I think you'd be suprised how many "flippers" are probably ON and Members of this site. Let alone just checking it every now and then....
speedoguy

Post by speedoguy »

i hope all the flippers die a painfull death...

and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their pubic hair!
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

I'll second that.
markfe390
Punk

ups sucks

Post by markfe390 »

I got prints today first ones that wore not ok. 5 years of buy prints now he is bigger than ever more expesive then before (when shipping was free) now promblems dont understand. What are they gonna do for me. give me my money back so i can spend that and more on ebay for one.
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

just got in and checked my package - everything made it here just fine. after yesterdays tube was so crushed I was a bit worried...

yah!

*sigh of relief*
cause i wreck when i tangle...
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

Just a quick question to the people who have received their prints in the last day or two -

did the UPS tracking info say anything else besdies "billing info received"?

and is there anyone on the east coast who has not gotten theirs yet?

thanks all..

*salute*
http://www.johnstonamerica.com
Rob Johnston Artist - Johnston America Folk Art Gallery
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

I live in Maryland. On my tracking it said "billing info recieved" I got my prints today in Perfect condition. They are some great prints.
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

OK thanks for the info ChapPKP..
http://www.johnstonamerica.com
Rob Johnston Artist - Johnston America Folk Art Gallery
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

I'm in Detroit and received mine yesterday. It did say billing info received the whole time, but I believe somewhere at the bottom of all the UPS stuff it did say shipped even though higher up on the page it only said billign info received.
Check out Detroit art
http://www.artattheedge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
henna
-

Post by henna »

Mine said billing info recieved, I came home tonight and they were outside my door (sigh). Now they say delivered. I do have to comment that the brown paper the prints come wrapped in do a lot to protect the prints. However, the taping around the end plugs is sub-par. My order today is one of a few where the end plug was missing or destroyed. When I ship a tube I take the time make sure the tape is adhered to as much surface area as possible and that the entire 3-4 inches of the end is secured by tape to give it traction when it needs to hold. have never been informed of a missing or damaged end plug.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

got my refund for my 2 destroyed big brothers. sad it's still not enough to cover buying one off ebay :(
chief510
Punk

Post by chief510 »

I try not to order just a print or two at a time. I usually pick up whatever is new, plus an older print or two, that way they ship 4 or 5 prints in the larger tube rather than the 3" tube, which seems stronger and less likely to damage during shipping. This is pretty much how I have avoided damage, although I have had two prints that had small creases, which i believe was created during the production stages, and not during shipping.
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Re: .

Post by sessone »

chief510 wrote:I try not to order just a print or two at a time. I usually pick up whatever is new, plus an older print or two, that way they ship 4 or 5 prints in the larger tube rather than the 3" tube, which seems stronger and less likely to damage during shipping. This is pretty much how I have avoided damage, although I have had two prints that had small creases, which i believe was created during the production stages, and not during shipping.

I got the larger tube this time as well. I thought it was because I also ordered an offset, which is wider than the normal prints and therefore requires a bigger tube...either way, the large tube seemed a lot more sturdy than the smaller tube that arrived crushed the day before. I will say that OG was super quick about correcting it and confirming that I would get another peace ornament to replace the damaged one - which, as it turns out is good news cause apparantly they just sold that out a hot minute ago.
PK
Punk

Post by PK »

On a somewhat related note and the fact I didn't want to start another thread for this. I just today finally got my refund for the Malcoms I ordered. Note I ordered them within the first hour up and have a shipping address of less then 9miles away from them. This on top of emailing them several times about the status of this order only finally today to not get a reply from them but a simple paypal email with a refund.

I've been buying prints from them now for almost 2-3yrs and had many of problems in the past and just got over them, but for some reason this just really annoyed me off. Maybe because all the talk I kept hearing about change .

So needless to say I did some research and found this. Why does this grade not suprise me....

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13167478
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

PK wrote:On a somewhat related note and the fact I didn't want to start another thread for this. I just today finally got my refund for the Malcoms I ordered. Note I ordered them within the first hour up and have a shipping address of less then 9miles away from them. This on top of emailing them several times about the status of this order only finally today to not get a reply from them but a simple paypal email with a refund.

I've been buying prints from them now for almost 2-3yrs and had many of problems in the past and just got over them, but for some reason this just really annoyed me off. Maybe because all the talk I kept hearing about change .

So needless to say I did some research and found this. Why does this grade not suprise me....

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13167478

so if you look more than 2 seconds at that page you find that the D rating is based off of about One report.
Our influence will be gigantic.
PK
Punk

Post by PK »

ca77 wrote:so if you look more than 2 seconds at that page you find that the D rating is based off of about One report.

I did notice it was one report and for that matter it could have been a 100 reports. The grade is what it is and doesn't suprise me. I'll make sure to add another one, just so you have more to look at next time your on the site though...
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

i can feel your pain man...i was so frustrated after my big order was cancelled after something like 8 weeks over the summer, that i told the wife i was done ordering giant stuff. but then some new prints came out, and shep seemed to be sorry about the whole ordeal so i jumped back on board. i got a crushed tube a few weeks back, and the customer service was pretty darn fast about sending out my replacement, so I cant really argue too much.

That being said I think there are some things about OG that keeps it frustrating...the lack of live inventory that allows for ghost purchases is quite aggravating, and the way they keep their phone number hidden is a bit on the sketchy side...

sure do love me some $30 prints of sick art tho. :)
cause i wreck when i tangle...
PK
Punk

Post by PK »

sessone wrote:i can feel your pain man...i was so frustrated after my big order was cancelled after something like 8 weeks over the summer, that i told the wife i was done ordering giant stuff. but then some new prints came out, and shep seemed to be sorry about the whole ordeal so i jumped back on board. i got a crushed tube a few weeks back, and the customer service was pretty darn fast about sending out my replacement, so I cant really argue too much.

That being said I think there are some things about OG that keeps it frustrating...the lack of live inventory that allows for ghost purchases is quite aggravating, and the way they keep their phone number hidden is a bit on the sketchy side...

sure do love me some $30 prints of sick art tho. :)

I think most of all this time that got me was the serious lack of email response. Which for awhile they had gotten better at, but in this case its been horrible. I also didn't like the fact I got refunded for prints that are still up on there site and that they could have shipped me aka "Obey with Caution" . I'll still support Shep, I just can't keep on supporting there horrible custmer service.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 11/27/2006.
Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
CERRITOS,
CA, US 11/18/2006 3:00 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
CERRITOS,
CA, US 11/17/2006 11:46 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
LOS ANGELES,
CA, US 11/17/2006 12:59 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
11/17/2006 12:59 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/15/2006 8:03 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I ordered a Militerry print on Sun the 12th hoping to get it before Thanksgiving to give it as a gift to a family member. It shipped on the 15th and Im thinking Word, I should be all set. Well I dont know what happened but I now have a delivery date of the 27th, ridiculous, 12 days to get here. This thing will be TRASHED in UPS's posession for 2 weeks.

On the 15th I also had a pair of nikes ship from Sneakerhead, also in Calli, via Priority Mail for $8 and they arrived on Saturday the 17th. :shock: