POW Sucks (God I want a refund)

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

influence wrote:Finally got my 3rd replacement of GIWTBB. They packed it better this time with their usual POW tissue but with kraft paper as well(for the first time!) and in a thicker tube.

-maybe they listened to me.... the last print I returned to them (month ago) - I wrapped in Kraft paper and gave them a big explaination.... on how and why it works so well.... -both email and in writing with the return...
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-then again... maybe they just gave you the one I returned with my kraft paper..... -was the kraft paper 2 sheets taped together!!! that would be funnier then garbage!!!!
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

These guys make no sense, i mean how much does a sheet of craft paper cost?
I know thier tissue paper is pretty and all that but surely the condition of the print out-weighs that or maybe do the craft paper then wrap it in the fancy tissue.
Just makes no financial sense what they are doing with all this shoddy packaging
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

stickee wrote:These guys make no sense, i mean how much does a sheet of craft paper cost?
I know thier tissue paper is pretty and all that but surely the condition of the print out-weighs that or maybe do the craft paper then wrap it in the fancy tissue.
Just makes no financial sense what they are doing with all this shoddy packaging

I finally just got a refund, with the conversion rate and shipping it back I lost a little money but Im not going to go through the hassle of trying to get it back. It would take a truly amazing print for me to ever buy from POW again, I am just glad Faile and Bast release their best prints on their personal websites.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

stickee wrote:These guys make no sense, i mean how much does a sheet of craft paper cost?

Yeah, that's puzzling. I mean the cost-benefit analysis on using a $0.20 piece of kraft paper is a no brainer.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

I like my prints wrapped in chincy Christmas paper! :roll:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-good news... so the last print I sent back to Pow I gave them a big explanation on how to wrap the print in kraft paper.... (sent them a annoyed email)... then I actually reopened the print I sent back, copied the email, stuck it in, and wrapped the damaged print with kraft paper.... new one arrived with new kraft paper.... maybe they finally learned ! Peace..
ec
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

easycraig wrote:-good news... so the last print I sent back to Pow I gave them a big explanation on how to wrap the print in kraft paper.... (sent them a annoyed email)... then I actually reopened the print I sent back, copied the email, stuck it in, and wrapped the damaged print with kraft paper.... new one arrived with new kraft paper.... maybe they finally learned ! Peace..
ec

Hope so, my Trolley's is going back tomorrow. It's certainly not the worst damage I've seen but for $1K a new print straight from the gallery ought to be mint. I should point out that Dora was very courteous in accepting the return.

Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

cybernigel wrote:for $1K a new print straight from the gallery ought to be mint.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

cybernigel wrote:
Hope so, my Trolley's is going back tomorrow. It's certainly not the worst damage I've seen but for $1K a new print straight from the gallery ought to be mint. I should point out that Dora was very courteous in accepting the return.

Looks like it was done by the paper cutter, I see this on a lot of deckled edged prints; unless that was folded and creased by the lid from the tube, that may be possible...
melttheguns
Punk

Post by melttheguns »

i just got my stop and search yesterday and it has the same edge damage as that trolley's photo above. i'm pretty sure the edge is supposed to be sharp and straight. it was wrapped with kraft paper, but the paper had similar creases in it at similar spots. i'm pretty sure i'll be email dora about this...
still waiting on my trolleys replacement too...
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Gigantico wrote:
cybernigel wrote:for $1K a new print straight from the gallery ought to be mint.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Geeze, so I went to send Trolleys back to POW. UPS wanted $180 to ship and insure it for $1050. USPS was just $36 but the most I could insure it for was $650.

Hope it gets there.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

Priority is legit, no worries.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

guys... seriously, when I sent my morons back 3x... i just sent them an email saying it was coming back... and shipped it there the cheapest way... $15-18 ... zero insurance... i wrote damaged goods on the custom slip, with a $1 value... never a problem.... just did it a few weeks ago with another print... ec
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

I'd do that, but I'm scared it would get thrown over into the ocean while on the ship to the UK :(
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

easycraig wrote:guys... seriously, when I sent my morons back 3x... i just sent them an email saying it was coming back... and shipped it there the cheapest way... $15-18 ... zero insurance... i wrote damaged goods on the custom slip, with a $1 value... never a problem.... just did it a few weeks ago with another print... ec

thats the way to go, worst case scenario dispute the charge on your CC if it gets lost or they say they didnt get it.