POW Sucks (God I want a refund)

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
VisualPollution
Swindler

POW Sucks (God I want a refund)

Post by VisualPollution »

When was the Micallef God I want to be Bad print released? I cant even remember, I waited like 3 months for it to arrive though and when it did it was carelessly packaged and the edges were all creased so I decided to send it back to get another, I asked them if they could carefully pack this one and basically just requested them to "be gentle" when putting the foam in the tube (cause this was obviously the reason the print was damaged) they wrote me back and said well ship the print without using foam, so I emailed back and they said just send it back. I sent it back, waited approximately another month to hear a response:

"Regarding your order of an Antony Micallef - God I Want to be Bad print, I understand that your print was damaged in the post. Unfortunately this item is out of stock. Since a number of prints have been damaged in transit we are planning to do a small number of reprints to forfill current orders however this will not take place until the new year"

I dont know about you, but eff POW, they are horrid people to work with, the only thing they have is Banksy, and overpriced prints that arent nearly as cool as the ones most artists release on their website (like Faile and Bast) Im pretty sure I will never buy anything from the unprofessional hype machine POW again.
Last edited by VisualPollution on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
djayresq
Propaganda Engineer

Post by djayresq »

Sucks ........... I would try to get my money back!
Last edited by djayresq on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
How will we ever know how to get up, If we don't know how to get down!
T.C.z.
Posse

Re: POW Sucks

Post by T.C.z. »

VisualPollution wrote:When was the Micallef God I want to be Bad print released? I cant even remember, I waited like 3 months for it to arrive though and when it did it was carelessly packaged and the edges were all creased so I decided to send it back to get another, I asked them if they could carefully pack this one and basically just requested them to "be gentle" when putting the foam in the tube (cause this was obviously the reason the print was damaged) they wrote me back and said well ship the print without using foam, so I emailed back and they said just send it back. I sent it back, waited approximately another month to hear a response:

"Regarding your order of an Antony Micallef - God I Want to be Bad print, I understand that your print was damaged in the post. Unfortunately this item is out of stock. Since a number of prints have been damaged in transit we are planning to do a small number of reprints to forfill current orders however this will not take place until the new year"

I dont know about you, but eff POW, they are horrid people to work with, the only thing they have is Banksy, and overpriced prints that arent nearly as cool as the ones most artists release on their website (like Faile and Bast) Im pretty sure I will never buy anything from the unprofessional hype machine POW again.

If your new Micallef arrives in mint condition, but the print is somehow tainted in your mind, I'll buy it from you. :lol:
VisualPollution
Swindler

djayresq wrote:Suck ........... I would try to get my money back!

yea I told the person I wanted a refund and I wouldnt be buying from them again, ill probably be put on a "do not sell to" list, but I dont care, im not a fan of banksy and havent been impressed with what I have seen them release.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

I'm on my 3rd replacement print for the Micallef after sending it in twice already...

That's just the way love goes, baby.
VisualPollution
Swindler

influence wrote:I'm on my 3rd replacement print for the Micallef after sending it in twice already...

That's just the way love goes, baby.

I would trust a 0 feedback ebay seller from the UK over POW's shipping department any day of the week.
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

I got a minimally damaged print. It took two emails for them to get back to me and pretty much the response I got was "well it doesnt seem too bad" they won't send a replacement bc of it being out of stock.
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

I've also received a damaged print and not damaged from the shippers, just careless packing.
Sucks... don't blame you VP.
T.C.z.
Posse

Post by T.C.z. »

ChapPKP wrote:I got a minimally damaged print. It took two emails for them to get back to me and pretty much the response I got was "well it doesnt seem too bad" they won't send a replacement bc of it being out of stock.

I'm not throwing this out there for people to debate, but A LOT of buyers will rough a print up a little bit if they receive a "slightly" damaged print.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

ChapPKP wrote:I got a minimally damaged print. It took two emails for them to get back to me and pretty much the response I got was "well it doesnt seem too bad" they won't send a replacement bc of it being out of stock.

That's just not good enough, you are paying for a brand new mint print, not a "not too badly damaged" print. Tell them you have heard they are doing some reprints and that you expect to be one of the people receiving the reprinted image.
"Opportunities seem more valuable to us when their availability is limited"
VisualPollution
Swindler

McKenna wrote:

That's just not good enough, you are paying for a brand new mint print, not a "not too badly damaged" print. Tell them you have heard they are doing some reprints and that you expect to be one of the people receiving the reprinted image.

it does seem pretty ridiculous when you think about it, we are paying $400-$1000 for a piece of paper with some ink on it, seems like they could get it to us in mint condition since they ship thousands of these prints a year, my prediction is in less than 10 years POW is out of business, its just not right for a business to run so unethically and rudely.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

hey when they've got the market cornered... you suck it up and deal. this is a seller's market, so you have no choice but to deal with the BS!
VisualPollution
Swindler

whyhoo wrote:hey when they've got the market cornered... you suck it up and deal. this is a seller's market, so you have no choice but to deal with the BS!

that will change when the new kid on the block comes around to compete for your business.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

VisualPollution wrote:
whyhoo wrote:hey when they've got the market cornered... you suck it up and deal. this is a seller's market, so you have no choice but to deal with the BS!

that will change when the new kid on the block comes around to compete for your business.

agreed! but for now POW is the only game in town if you want a Banksy at retail...
VisualPollution
Swindler

whyhoo wrote:
VisualPollution wrote:

agreed! but for now POW is the only game in town if you want a Banksy at retail...

I dont know if this would help, but if we could bombard banksy.co.uk with emails about how horrible it is to deal with POW we might be able to get him to rethink his distribution, Im not saying it could happen overnight but seriously if I were an artist and a large portion of my fan base was unhappy with the way someone was handling my art I would rethink it.
Bamboozle
Posse

Post by Bamboozle »

that! is a mighty good idea
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Somehow I don't think it will help. ...we're still dealing with a garbage-like checkout experience on Tuesdays... Until it effects the bottom line, nothing is likely to change.
Bamboozle
Posse

Post by Bamboozle »

u never know until u try
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

robotoil wrote:Somehow I don't think it will help. ...we're still dealing with a garbage-like checkout experience on Tuesdays... Until it effects the bottom line, nothing is likely to change.

exactly - why should anyone change their system when they are still selling everything out instantly?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Bamboozle wrote:u never know until u try

Well, I like that positive attitude! You're right. You never know until you try.
VisualPollution
Swindler

robotoil wrote:
Bamboozle wrote:u never know until u try

Well, I like that positive attitude! You're right. You never know until you try.

What I am thinking if an artist like Banksy had some frustrations with the inner workings of POW and didnt feel he was getting quite the "fair shake" from POW but was kind of on the fence about it, a group effort by his most loyal fans might be the so called "straw that broke the camels back" to make him develop a better way to sell/ship/pack his prints. Just a thought...
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Laz has done alot for Banksy and I dont think he is going anywhere ;)
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Bonesy wrote:Laz has done alot for Banksy and I dont think he is going anywhere ;)

I was under the impression that Jamie Hewlett owned POW, am I hilariously incorrect there?
"Opportunities seem more valuable to us when their availability is limited"
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

McKenna wrote:
Bonesy wrote:Laz has done alot for Banksy and I dont think he is going anywhere ;)

I was under the impression that Jamie Hewlett owned POW, am I hilariously incorrect there?

He and Steve LaZarides. Maybe a couple other small percentages. This was as of a couple years ago anyway.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

Finally got my 3rd replacement of GIWTBB. They packed it better this time with their usual POW tissue but with kraft paper as well(for the first time!) and in a thicker tube.