Peace Bomber Madness

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
destroyeric
Giant

Re: Official Obey Giant Response to Peace Bomber Release

Post by destroyeric »

Jason Filipow wrote:For future releases, new prints will be released at random times throughout the week until all purchasing system problems have been resolved.

Love it! :D
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

Right, so when TRUE fans sit in front of their computers for 6 or 7 hours praying for a glimpse of anything other than a "page not found" error, Obey Giant expects that they won't use VALID links to add and check out a print when given a chance?

The fact is that ANY Obey print is virtually impossible to obtain without using similar direct links to individual product pages and shopping carts. The site is such an absolute travesty that the only way to successfully purchase OG's product is to refresh predetermined direct URLs in multiple windows, sometimes on multiple computers.

Any business that wants to use the internet to regularly sell a product to a group of loyal customers should at least have a functioning web site as a means to disperse said product.

The fact that OG's customers waste their entire day fighting its website and then jump on an arcane means of checking out the print before it sells out through the "backdoor" is a testament to their "true" fandom.

It's also a testiment to Obey Giant's lack of customer service and respect for its customers.
Last edited by Solar on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

deleted
Last edited by Solar on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
humdingertv
Punk

Post by humdingertv »

Love the random release plan.
I wish it was that way all the time.
Not that it would increase my odds of getting a print.
I just wouldn't waste hours and hours of my life NOT getting one through the meatgrinder of a purchase system.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

the 'true fans' bit is a kick in the teeth

dont think I will bother tomorrow with this print as all it will do is make me annoyed everytime I look at it
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

:roll:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

... complain and you will be banned. It's a lose-lose situation and it stinks.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

Thanks for the post, however I wish there would have been an official communication from OG yesterday amidst the confusion. A simple post to this site or OG (servers permitting) would have avoided much of the frustration and confusion.

Nonetheless, I completely understand OG’s position on the “back door” orders and the refunds so everyone could get a fair shot at the prints. That’s certainly a fair call for everyone involved. However, banning the people who simply used a link to get at the prints without any idea that they were nothing more than a means of circumventing this Tuesday’s issues and suggesting that for that they are not “true fans” is quite unfair, simply not true and a bit insulting. I’m sure there are many “true fans” that would agree.

I believe that many of the people who used those links did so without any malicious intent and were simply trying to get the prints that they were told several times during the course of the afternoon and evening would be available. Without any official word from OG, many were left to follow the information/misinformation on this and other sites in the pursuit of the prints, not in the pursuit of getting over or committing any sort of “illicit” act.

Jason – I know you’re only the messenger so this is by no means directed at you.

Respectfully
Leo
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

thanks jason
random timed releases sounds great
fair for everyone

:) :) :) :)
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
deem
Posse

Post by deem »

since alot of people are reading this...i was just wondering how many people have received or been personally notified about their refund.
JohnHolmes
Swindler

Post by JohnHolmes »

Jason Filipow wrote:For future releases, new prints will be released at random times throughout the week until all purchasing system problems have been resolved.

Nice!
electrachrome
Posse

Post by electrachrome »

Buy.....any means necessary.

we bought the message and the got burned by it.

humans are clever monkeys. we "true fans" figured out those links soon after the Zen Cart Lesbians hit the scene. some sales all the buy links are there, but others....the clock speeds up and you can't get a single page to load. if the system didn't randomly kick you out of the transaction, there would be no need for the "backdoor" meatod.
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

JohnHolmes wrote:

Nice!

This is the way it use to be, its good to work in front of a computer all day! Im gonna get every one from here on out!
insanedrifter
Punk

Post by insanedrifter »

Honestly I think the random time thing is good for everyone.I mean hey they could make a lottery on each release.
http://www.myspace.com/insanedrifter
Get 20% off fresh gear at http://www.Karmaloop.com
use rep code CI15294
I make Art.......Obey Prints Wanted
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

Random release is fine. It's the treatment of their fans that sucks.
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Xpoc »

While I think the random release time is a good idea (even though now my odds are probably even worse than before), the 'true fans' comment is kinda of an insult.

Maybe offer a special edition to those who didn't get through the system yesterday. Possibly something like:

Just an idea though, obviously there needs to be a little warping and distorting of the text and such, but it could work..
Dropped System
Punk

Post by Dropped System »

They have it so buttocks backwards that it doesn't make sense. The "TRUE FANS" are the ones who actually spent the hours trying to figure out the link throughs...not some flipper.

Rather PATHETIC
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

I agree, random drop times is a great solution.

I have to be honest, I thought they would have been more impressed by the fan's reluctance to give up on a print. Not everyone knew it wasn't released. They just thought the system was so overloaded that there was no other means of getting it.
And the fans that got it early definitely didn't know that the print wasn't released.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

true fans? I have an OBEY TATTOO. i find that truly insulting.
IG - ATXjeweler
Dropped System
Punk

Post by Dropped System »

Mira263 wrote:true fans? I have an OBEY TATTOO. i find that truly insulting.

Holy frankfurter, I'm really offended and I'm just an avid collector, I can only IMAGINE how insulted you feel! the dude's got an obey tat!
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

OH YEAH! well... explain to my daughter Obey and my son Giant why daddy ain't bringing no new prints home to the family!
avoid disappointment and future regret
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

I don't understand why we (those who purchased the print), are being punished for their mess up. It seems like they are misdirecting blame, when there system is what is truely at fault . I am all for refunds, but punishing folks for showing ingenuity and using team work seems heavy handed.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

submit wrote:OH YEAH! well... explain to my daughter Obey and my son Giant why daddy ain't bringing no new prints home to the family!

thems gonna be sad...
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

submit wrote:OH YEAH! well... explain to my daughter Obey and my son Giant why daddy ain't bringing no new prints home to the family!

Ha. :lol:
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

I think the "True Fans" thing and general scolding are just... no words.

I find it ironic that the obedient ones are the ones who OG rewards.