Peace Bomber Madness

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

So basically the Obey site will be down all day starting at 10am and going until the print is actually released?

I don't see how this is any different than dropping it at a set time. People sat around for an INSANE amount of time on Tuesday hitting F5, they'll just do the same tomorrow.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

Put on the Rolling Stones "Far Away Eyes" and sing along children

I was blogging home early wednesday morning through los angeles
Buyin' ink and paper on the obey giant station
And the preacher said, you know you always have the
Lord by your side

And I was so pleased to be informed of this, that I loaded
Twenty red and black bombers in his name
Thank you jesus, thank you lord

I had an arrangement to buy a print, and I was kind of late
And I thought by the time it went off, it be gone
It be gone with the nearest collector she could find
Much to my surprise, there she was, sittin on the flat screen
A little bleary, worse for wear and tear
Was a bomber in three, co-lor-ways

So if youre down on your luck
And paypal dont materialize
Find a bomber in three co lor ways
And if youre downright disgusted
And the website aint worth a dime
Get a bomber, in three colorways

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Forty eight dollars through paypal and the sacred bleeding heart of obey
Located somewhere in los angeles, california
And next week, theyd send me a print for my donation
And all my dreams would come true
So I did, the next day, I got screwed for bomber
Well, you know what kind of colorway i got

So if youre down on your luck
I know you backdoors will sympathize
Find a bomber, with three colorways
And if youre locked out, n disgusted
This thursday, dont waste your time
Get a bomber, on ebay for a dime!!! :D
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

submit wrote:OH YEAH! well... explain to my daughter Obey and my son Giant why daddy ain't bringing no new prints home to the family!

... I think we should take a break from the madness to marvel at the hilarity of Submit's new avatar. :lol:
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
Zma
Punk

Post by Zma »

I really do want to send an e-mail, but it's really hard to think of a way to say anything with respect after this. It's just seems really rediculous. I'm glad I collect from many great artists, and I'm not just a big fan of Shep like some of the people here. I like a lot of his work, but I'm just as happy having Dan McCarthy or Daniel Danger on my wall. And, they've never insulted me like this. It took me seven hours to "illicitly" use those links to obtain prints, and there was no other option, and when we did get feedback from OG it had nothing to do with the option we were using. It's absolutely crazy, the "true fan" comment was a really low blow, and I think I'm done ranting now.

Oh, but I still haven't gotten a refund or on e-mail. I guess us single order people will be tomorrow.

ADD: Nah, I wasn't done: I have a Obey stuck straight on my durn wall, totally destorying its value, but you know, I might, just might, have bought the durn thing to look at, and that's all I think a person should have to do to be considered a real fan, in my book anyway.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Is this ban thing for sure as i still have'nt had a mail!
Is anyone gonna still try today?
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

When did this start happening? Wait... who are you talking about. OG is banning people for complaining?

I know it is not us because we have only ever banned 2 people. Both for repeat raciest remarks.

byrnexxx wrote:... complain and you will be banned. It's a lose-lose situation and it stinks.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
theory
Swindler

Post by theory »

Solar wrote:Random release is fine. It's the treatment of their fans that sucks.

word!
She reads at a senior level...
henna
-

Post by henna »

This thing is even funnier than when he called people war profiteers for selling their Darfur prints. I love this guy, if he were just making art and not running his business like a clown college, I would most likely be able to hop on, purchase a print, and receive it quickly and safely - how boring.

Instead, I have to act like a functional drunk sneaking a drinky at work because I can't let anybody see me try to order; getting a print is like trying to figure out a Chinese puzzle box; and the guy that I fight to send my money to every week surfaces from time to time to call me names.

God Bless America.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

henna wrote:This thing is even funnier than when he called people war profiteers for selling their Darfur prints. I love this guy, if he were just making art and not running his business like a clown college, I would most likely be able to hop on, purchase a print, and receive it quickly and safely - how boring.

Instead, I have to act like a functional drunk sneaking a drinky at work because I can't let anybody see me try to order; getting a print is like trying to figure out a Chinese puzzle box; and the guy that I fight to send my money to every week surfaces from time to time to call me names.

God Bless America.

well said
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Zma wrote:I really do want to send an e-mail, but it's really hard to think of a way to say anything with respect after this. It's just seems really rediculous. I'm glad I collect from many great artists, and I'm not just a big fan of Shep like some of the people here. I like a lot of his work, but I'm just as happy having Dan McCarthy or Daniel Danger on my wall. And, they've never insulted me like this. It took me seven hours to "illicitly" use those links to obtain prints, and there was no other option, and when we did get feedback from OG it had nothing to do with the option we were using. It's absolutely crazy, the "true fan" comment was a really low blow, and I think I'm done ranting now.

Oh, but I still haven't gotten a refund or on e-mail. I guess us single order people will be tomorrow.

ADD: Nah, I wasn't done: I have a Obey stuck straight on my durn wall, totally destorying its value, but you know, I might, just might, have bought the durn thing to look at, and that's all I think a person should have to do to be considered a real fan, in my book anyway.

henna wrote:This thing is even funnier than when he called people war profiteers for selling their Darfur prints. I love this guy, if he were just making art and not running his business like a clown college, I would most likely be able to hop on, purchase a print, and receive it quickly and safely - how boring.

God Bless America.

both right on the money.

C'est la Vie!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

God Bless America.

i think i just found my new signature.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

henna wrote:getting a print is like trying to figure out a Chinese puzzle box; and the guy that I fight to send my money to every week surfaces from time to time to call me names.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

well I had to send OBEY an email. I might get a perma ban after that, but someone had to say it. I am so durn annoyed at Shepard and the crew right now. Coming here to insult us is freaking ridiculous.
IG - ATXjeweler
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Mira263 wrote:well I had to send OBEY an email. I might get a perma ban after that, but someone had to say it. I am so durn annoyed at Shepard and the crew right now. Coming here to insult us is freaking ridiculous.

maybe you'll make it on as a news item on og.com!
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

God Bless America.

:lol:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Mira263 wrote:well I had to send OBEY an email. I might get a perma ban after that, but someone had to say it. I am so durn annoyed at Shepard and the crew right now. Coming here to insult us is freaking ridiculous.

http://tattoo.about.com/od/tatremoval/a/tatremoval.htm :wink:
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

i think your tattoo would qualify you as a TRUE fan...i personally think he deserves an email from you...a nasty one at that....and owes you an appologie..imo
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Dropped System
Punk

Post by Dropped System »

Notice this Jason guy and OG claimed the print was "NEVER RELEASED" then in Jasons last message he says "RERELEASED". These Dbags have no idea wtf is going on so they just want to point fingers. Making the TRUE FANS the scapegoat for their incompetence. yay
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

wait did I miss something did Obey's employees post something, sorry I have been uber annoyed at this whole situation but havent gotten refunded yet.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Dropped System wrote:Notice this Jason guy and OG claimed the print was "NEVER RELEASED" then in Jasons last message he says "RERELEASED". These Dbags have no idea wtf is going on so they just want to point fingers. Making the TRUE FANS the scapegoat for their incompetence. yay

"this Jason guy"

that statement alone is definitely "true fan" worthy.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Just wanted to note that there are so many new members with low post counts... Afraid to use their regular IDs or newbies?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Dropped System wrote:Notice this Jason guy and OG claimed the print was "NEVER RELEASED" then in Jasons last message he says "RERELEASED". These Dbags have no idea wtf is going on so they just want to point fingers. Making the TRUE FANS the scapegoat for their incompetence. yay

"...this Jason guy..."

HAHAHA
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

Thinking the same thing about the "new" members.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

robotoil wrote:Just wanted to note that there are so many new members with low post counts... Afraid to use their regular IDs or newbies?

there were a ton of new members in the peace bomber thread. it's nice to see shepard's popularity grow but at the same time i have some questions about the new people" 1) are they just looking to make a quick buck 2) are they going to participate in non new print release topics
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Xpoc »

no refund yet. :( That's not immediate.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein