im so confused..

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

Gigantico wrote:Although Jason has nothing to do with ANY of this, and doesn't deserve ANY of the blame, that avatar is priceless!!

I always wondered what he looked like with both eyes open...

and a mustache.
cmyk
Punk

Post by cmyk »

messboogs wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Although Jason has nothing to do with ANY of this, and doesn't deserve ANY of the blame, that avatar is priceless!!

and a mustache.

Just messin' with Jason for fun.

But that "true fan" comment was not necessary. I think they should have just said what was happening, not insult or congratulate, one side or the other.
carbomb
Swindler

Post by carbomb »

I'm really, REALLY glad I didn't like this print to begin with. The amount of trouble I saved myself is so monumental I may actually try to buy the print today for kicks.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

cmyk wrote:
messboogs wrote:

and a mustache.

Just messin' with Jason for fun.

But that "true fan" comment was not necessary. I think they should have just said what was happening, not insult or congratulate, one side or the other.

Well it's now a dead horse, NUBE. Maybe you should write Obey, no one here can help you...
Punk

Post by 0413 »

This stinks,
I really wanted this print......so I tried the back door. I didn't know I was breaking the law...I just wanted this print. Now I am banned.

Oh Well,

True Fan
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

I wrote them, probably shouldnt post it on here but seriously this is complete BS.

Peace Bomber Print

This is absolutely absurd that you are banning individuals from the rerelease of this print, you are paralyzing the hand that feeds your mouth, as a giant.org member and a faithful Obey Giant supporter that has been buying and enjoying prints for almost 5 years now I think it is irrefutable to think that using this "back door" method is even the slightest bit different than the hokey pokey we have to fudge with to even get a print in your shopping cart every week. Try to get a print next Tuesday, once you try you will know how frustrating it is and how much disrespect you show your loyal customers every week by not getting a competent shopping cart system.

How can you ban people when they didnt know it never officially dropped? Dont prints drop every Tuesday at 12:00, people spent hours just trying to put a dime in your pocket and get something they truly like and someone comes along and says "hey this works" why not? If your really want the print and dont want to have to spend $300 to get it on ebay you will do whatever you need to do.
melttheguns
Punk

Post by melttheguns »

0413 wrote:This stinks,
I really wanted this print......so I tried the back door. I didn't know I was breaking the law...I just wanted this print. Now I am banned.

Oh Well,

True Fan

to the gallows!!!
:D
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

carbomb wrote:I'm really, REALLY glad I didn't like this print to begin with. The amount of trouble I saved myself is so monumental I may actually try to buy the print today for kicks.

same here except I liked the print.
oxford26
Posse

Post by oxford26 »

I spent 6 hours refreshing my screen and watched the links go up and it was very clear to anyone who was on that this method was not legit. I am one of the true fans that will be trying to get the print today because I did not abuse the process. I know there are many of you out there that love Shepard's work and didn't want to miss out on it but really, did you think this was the way to do it?

Ask yourself, are you really mad at Shepard for the action he took regarding his work or are you annoyed at yourself for making the choice to do something you knew wasn't quite right?
VisualPollution
Swindler

oxford26 wrote:I spent 6 hours refreshing my screen and watched the links go up and it was very clear to anyone who was on that this method was not legit. I am one of the true fans that will be trying to get the print today because I did not abuse the process. I know there are many of you out there that love Shepard's work and didn't want to miss out on it but really, did you think this was the way to do it?

Ask yourself, are you really mad at Shepard for the action he took regarding his work or are you annoyed at yourself for making the choice to do something you knew wasn't quite right?

get down from your high horse before I taze you bro.
oxford26
Posse

Post by oxford26 »

VisualPollution wrote:
oxford26 wrote:I spent 6 hours refreshing my screen and watched the links go up and it was very clear to anyone who was on that this method was not legit. I am one of the true fans that will be trying to get the print today because I did not abuse the process. I know there are many of you out there that love Shepard's work and didn't want to miss out on it but really, did you think this was the way to do it?

Did I strike a cord? I'm just pointing out that there are other true fans out there that followed the thread from the beginning and didn't decide to use the backdoor.
marcobelt
Punk

Post by marcobelt »

VisualPollution wrote:I wrote them, probably shouldnt post it on here but seriously this is complete BS.

Peace Bomber Print

This is absolutely absurd that you are banning individuals from the rerelease of this print, you are paralyzing the hand that feeds your mouth, as a giant.org member and a faithful Obey Giant supporter that has been buying and enjoying prints for almost 5 years now I think it is irrefutable to think that using this "back door" method is even the slightest bit different than the hokey pokey we have to fudge with to even get a print in your shopping cart every week. Try to get a print next Tuesday, once you try you will know how frustrating it is and how much disrespect you show your loyal customers every week by not getting a competent shopping cart system.

How can you ban people when they didnt know it never officially dropped? Dont prints drop every Tuesday at 12:00, people spent hours just trying to put a dime in your pocket and get something they truly like and someone comes along and says "hey this works" why not? If your really want the print and dont want to have to spend $300 to get it on ebay you will do whatever you need to do.

PREACH ON BROTHER! great point on them actually trying to navigate all that crepe to try and get a print, they have no idea how hard it is.
Tuesdays with Fairey
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

It's not about doing "something you knew wasn't quite right?" It's knowing the site always has problems and when you see confirmation numbers popping up on here and someone gives you a direct link to buy the print and you see it the next day after you spent 7 hours on your computer and still no word on the obey site! Why would'nt you try it? It's not like your stealing!
Your giving Obey money! Im a graphic designer/artist for a clothing brand, id be stoked if people were doing what ever they could to give me money to get one of my screen prints!
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

I think the annoyance level is more at the lack of communication for OG, most people didn't use the link method until late Tuesday night early Wed morning. At that point many people were already buying the prints and many people panic at the thought of not getting the print. To be fair it could have gone either way, you can easily make an argument why Obey might have shipped these orders.
I think the annoyance and anger comes from the fact that Obey never communicated anything during the 24 hours from the print release, at some point Weston stopped working on trying to get the print on the site and could have easily come on here and made a simple announcement saying the release was canceled.People would have then not tried to order the print and all the other message boards would have heard about it too getting the word out to most of the people trying to buy the prints.
The slap in the face came from Obey when the said the "true fans" line, that was a complete lack of respect on their part.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
oxford26
Posse

Post by oxford26 »

slidingaround wrote:

It's not about doing "something you knew wasn't quite right?" It's knowing the site always has problems and when you see confirmation numbers popping up on here and someone gives you a direct link to buy the print and you see it the next day after you spent 7 hours on your computer and still no word on the obey site! Why would'nt you try it? It's not like your stealing!
Your giving Obey money! Im a graphic designer/artist for a clothing brand, id be stoked if people were doing what ever they could to give me money to get one of my screen prints!

What about fairness? I know how much people wanted this print. I could see it in the 70+ pages of discussion but I don't understand why people are so upset about being caught and reprimanded. If the backdoor people were able to keep the prints and the rest of us were unable to purchase them because they had sold out before they even went on the Site, what would you say to them? You should have used the backdoor?
Mirage17738
Punk

Post by Mirage17738 »

Hilarious! Banning people seems a bit harsh, a refund and a re-release open to everyone would have been fair.

For anyone who was around when the A-Trak print dropped (as discussed before) and the site bombed, they like myself were thinking the same thing was going down. There was no way to check if the prints had actually been posted since you would always get dropped and direct links to the print were being used.

Oh well, that's life, waiting for my refund too. Whats going to happen is when the bomber prints do go up, someones going to post on here and everyone is going to flood the OG and bring it to its knees again, only this time its Thursday and not Tuesday.
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

Backpackpunk wrote:

I think the annoyance level is more at the lack of communication for OG, most people didn't use the link method until late Tuesday night early Wed morning. At that point many people were already buying the prints and many people panic at the thought of not getting the print. To be fair it could have gone either way, you can easily make an argument why Obey might have shipped these orders.
I think the annoyance and anger comes from the fact that Obey never communicated anything during the 24 hours from the print release, at some point Weston stopped working on trying to get the print on the site and could have easily come on here and made a simple announcement saying the release was canceled.People would have then not tried to order the print and all the other message boards would have heard about it too getting the word out to most of the people trying to buy the prints.
The slap in the face came from Obey when the said the "true fans" line, that was a complete lack of respect on their part.

Amen Brother!

I'm such a true fan I got obeygiant.com Blocked at work!!! I did a little too much f5ing.

I didn't get my prints till around 8 - 9PM if someone would have said, it's a no go on the prints, I wouldnt have bother trying to get the last one till about 12:30AM!!! that doesn't include the 2 hour lunch I took during work so I can go to the library and get some of their WiFi for my laptop in the Parking lot, in my car!
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
oxford26
Posse

Post by oxford26 »

Backpackpunk wrote:

I can appreciate this line of thinking. If it is a lack of communication that is bothering people I'm 100% behind you.
VisualPollution
Swindler

Mirage17738 wrote:

Hilarious! Banning people seems a bit harsh, a refund and a re-release open to everyone would have been fair.

For anyone who was around when the A-Trak print dropped (as discussed before) and the site bombed, they like myself were thinking the same thing was going down. There was no way to check if the prints had actually been posted since you would always get dropped and direct links to the print were being used.

Oh well, that's life, waiting for my refund too. Whats going to happen is when the bomber prints do go up, someones going to post on here and everyone is going to flood the OG and bring it to its knees again, only this time its Thursday and not Tuesday.

the grassroots way of doing it would be for everyone who is "banned" to try to get one, making their job that much harder for being "firm" and "ethical"
melttheguns
Punk

Post by melttheguns »

oxford26 wrote:
slidingaround wrote:

What about fairness? I know how much people wanted this print. I could see it in the 70+ pages of discussion but I don't understand why people are so upset about being caught and reprimanded. If the backdoor people were able to keep the prints and the rest of us were unable to purchase them because they had sold out before they even went on the Site, what would you say to them? You should have used the backdoor?
i dont really care that much...its just ink and paper, but i think what is causing the stir is the banning from todays release. im pretty sure everybody took the risk of getting a refund, but banning seems retarted....
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

submit wrote:cool off

:?:
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

Gigantico wrote:
submit wrote:cool off

:?:

we're cool ese!
tomjonesrocks
Swindler

Post by tomjonesrocks »

the_partisans wrote:If there are people using scripted software to pound obeygiant.com with a system to try and buy prints.

Can't obey track the IPs that are sending this enormous amount of hits and ban them? I would assume that people are actually doing this and I would bet that the amount of hits coming from these scripts and software systems is much more than from normal people. But I'm not an IT expert.

As for Tuesday I wasn't exactly sure whether the print had been released or hadn't and with how horrible and ill equipped their server is it was easy to assume that there was server database issues causing the site to implode and that's why the print wasn't coming up in new products because the print was obviously entered into the system. And when other people were buying up the prints, no communicatioin from Obey, and people saying you can buy the print at this link, well f**king hell yeah I'm going to try and buy the print. Who wouldn't?

It's easy for Obey to make us look like the bad guys, but one thing Obey never did address is why wasn't the print released on Tuesday like it should have been?

Why don't you tell us guys?

I lurk more than I post, but my thoughts exactly. I really had no clue whether the print had been released or not.

The "true fans" bit is pretty insulting and unfair to those of us that didn't fully understand the actions taken were doing and that they were illicit. That might have been crystal clear to some of those who used the links, but not all of us. For my part I sent Obey a note saying pretty much exactly what you wrote above.

I won't be trying to circumvent a ban today though with another PayPal account though. For those of you that will, how do you know if you order from the same PC you won't get caught anyway?
VisualPollution
Swindler

tomjonesrocks wrote:
the_partisans wrote:If there are people using scripted software to pound obeygiant.com with a system to try and buy prints.

Can't obey track the IPs that are sending this enormous amount of hits and ban them? I would assume that people are actually doing this and I would bet that the amount of hits coming from these scripts and software systems is much more than from normal people. But I'm not an IT expert.

As for Tuesday I wasn't exactly sure whether the print had been released or hadn't and with how horrible and ill equipped their server is it was easy to assume that there was server database issues causing the site to implode and that's why the print wasn't coming up in new products because the print was obviously entered into the system. And when other people were buying up the prints, no communicatioin from Obey, and people saying you can buy the print at this link, well f**king hell yeah I'm going to try and buy the print. Who wouldn't?

It's easy for Obey to make us look like the bad guys, but one thing Obey never did address is why wasn't the print released on Tuesday like it should have been?

Why don't you tell us guys?

I lurk more than I post, but my thoughts exactly. I really had no clue whether the print had been released or not.

The "true fans" bit is pretty insulting and unfair to those of us that didn't fully understand the actions taken were doing and that they were illicit. That might have been crystal clear to some of those who used the links, but not all of us. For my part I sent Obey a note saying pretty much exactly what you wrote above.

I won't be trying to circumvent a ban today though with another PayPal account though. For those of you that will, how do you know if you order from the same PC you won't get caught anyway?

do you really think Obey Giant has the time or energy to track IP's/paypal addresses?
the colonel
Punk

Post by the colonel »

so, at some point today (before 6pm EST) they are going to be posting the prints for sale? Is that still the deal? I, for one, would still like to have one of these - even though I think this whole thing was terrible.

anyone know if they've released any yet? do we just keep refreshing the "prints" page to see our good 'ole friend "PROOF'? Is that how it works? Thanks all. This forum is great.