Wrecked Print from Ebay

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Shonquan
Giant

Wrecked Print from Ebay

Post by Shonquan »

So I scored the Queens of the Stone Age/Eagles of Death Metal AP off of Ebay earlier in the week. 2 of my favorite bands so I was really stoked. Got home from work today to see this:

Sucks...needed to vent to people that might care. Anyway, I've never had to deal with damaged prints and ebay, so what is the easiest way to get this taken care of? Any help would be much appreciated. Peace.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

Let the seller know about it. Was it insured?
Shonquan
Giant

Re: Wrecked Print from Ebay

Post by Shonquan »

yeah...it was insured. I sent him an email last night and haven't gotten a reply yet, so we'll see what happens.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

That sucks. Just as a postmortem, how was it packaged/shipped?
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

it was packaged like the guy had never shipped a print before. After the auction ended he asked me if I wanted it shipped flat or rolled. I said in a thick tube, so it doesn't get smashed. It came in one of the thinnest USPS tubes I've ever received a print in. Shite happens
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

So you were the guys that outbid me...

Sucks bro it really does. I "had" been trying to get that print for a few months and never came up and when it did I would so miss it. I scored one 2-3 weeks ago and was stoked saw this one on eBay and wanted the AP, but I punch in a price and forgot about it...

Wait to see what he says. Best of luck!
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
T.C.z.
Posse

Post by T.C.z. »

I figured out your problem....

you have a beard.
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

T.C.z. wrote:I figured out your problem....

you have a beard.

It's true TCz. It keeps me warm in the winter.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

Pretty annoyed now. I haven't heard back from the seller of the above print, but just got an MLK I won on ebay last week and it's wrecked too. The guy shipped it in a triangle with no tube. D@MN you stupid shippers.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Yo bro, you got bigger things to worry about. I'd let that slide.
Last edited by robotoil on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

robotoil wrote:You bro, you got bigger things to worry about. I'd let that slide.

I know...I was just a bit mad after a long day and coming home to that.
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

Shonquan wrote:Pretty annoyed now. I haven't heard back from the seller of the above print, but just got an MLK I won on ebay last week and it's wrecked too. The guy shipped it in a triangle with no tube. D@MN you stupid shippers.

I am floored by people who just assume a print worth hundreds of dollars can just be tossed in a thin tube or a box and arrive mint. Who are these people?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

VisualPollution wrote:
Shonquan wrote:Pretty annoyed now. I haven't heard back from the seller of the above print, but just got an MLK I won on ebay last week and it's wrecked too. The guy shipped it in a triangle with no tube. D@MN you stupid shippers.

I am floored by people who just assume a print worth hundreds of dollars can just be tossed in a thin tube or a box and arrive mint. Who are these people?

It didn't take me long on eBay to figure out that you need to add this to the comments when paying someone. It doesn't always work, but it's gone a long way for me.

"Please pack carefully. I'd appreciate it if you would wrap the print in craft paper, pad the ends with tissue paper and ship the tube in a triangle. Thanks."
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Aw man that hurts. I got 6 or 7 prints en route and if one...JUST ONE looks like that i am gonna personally blow up the sun!
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:Aw man that hurts. I got 6 or 7 prints en route and if one...JUST ONE looks like that i am gonna personally blow up the sun!

sunshine
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:blow up the sun!

Redundant.

I'm going to go back to my NOVA and Discover Channel shows, now.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

See for me buying overseas you can almost expect the odd ding here and there but mainland i see no excuse.
Another note worth mentioning is im guessing the guy who bought these originally would of hung these with thumb tacks too. He must of had an idea there were worth something to someone intact and not shoved half arsed into a crappy tube, let alone put em on ebay. Aggghh im rambling because it is such a shame. Im actually more shocked by the print in the triangle with out a tube. That is absolute genius.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

what miffs me is how they managed to get the print from Obey in the first place and not realize that they way THEY ship it, (while not always the best, lol) is at LEASt how well they should ship it after selling it
Our influence will be gigantic.
robotoil
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by robotoil »

admonkey wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:blow up the sun!

Redundant.

I'm going to go back to my NOVA and Discover Channel shows, now.

Sahara desert.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

robotoil wrote:
VisualPollution wrote:

It didn't take me long on eBay to figure out that you need to add this to the comments when paying someone. It doesn't always work, but it's gone a long way for me.

"Please pack carefully. I'd appreciate it if you would wrap the print in craft paper, pad the ends with tissue paper and ship the tube in a triangle. Thanks."

That's good advice. I usually just request that they package carefully but it makes more sense to spell it out for them.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Shonquan wrote:
T.C.z. wrote:I figured out your problem....

you have a beard.

It's true TCz. It keeps me warm in the winter.

The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Shonquan wrote:
robotoil wrote:You bro, you got bigger things to worry about. I'd let that slide.

I know...I was just a bit mad after a long day and coming home to that.

I'd be mad too, I really dig this print... If you want another one PM me.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Shonquan wrote:So I scored the Queens of the Stone Age/Eagles of Death Metal AP off of Ebay earlier in the week. 2 of my favorite bands so I was really stoked. Got home from work today to see this:

Is it just me or do you always look like Jack Black? :lol: Sucks dude. Hope you get it worked out!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

DunDun wrote:Is it just me or do you always look like Jack Black? :lol: Sucks dude. Hope you get it worked out!

I tend to get the jack Black thing a lot. It's fun messing with drunk people downtown though.

so, went to the post office and got the ok for my QOTSA print to be reimbursed, but as for my MLK, they told me the packer/seller was at fault, since the triangle showed no damage, and it was obvious that the print slid around inside the triangle causing the damage. So, now I get to take it up with the seller. Hooray!