Horseplay?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: pasters on ebay from a board member $200 each

Post by conartstudio »

screen prints? i HIGHLY doubt the pasters are screen prints.

the election is in november, how is it too late to put them up? if you are selling them to make a buck then just do so, don't make up stupid excuses to justify what you are doing...
henna
-

Post by henna »

That's funny, usually when I read a thread about this horse guy everyone is trying to figure out how he does it so they can get in on the action.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

this needs to be merged with

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9206

mods?
on point like a decimalist?
submit
The Reason

Re: Horseplay?

Post by submit »

:wink:
avoid disappointment and future regret
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Post deleted.
Last edited by hundreddollarhorse on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

You just don't get it.
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
d_chutney
Posse

Post by d_chutney »

If you want a shortcut to the best street art on eBay, add hundreddollarhorse to your favorites list!
stinkypete
Giant

Re:

Post by stinkypete »

so please eat a d1ck

:o

a flipper and a satirist
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:You morons don't even know what you're angry about. Here's a hint: be happy. HDH is doing more for Barack Obama by donating $1500 plus what we've already given than Shepard ever did handing out a few pieces of paper that cost him nothing and charging $15 for "shipping" while doing it, after he already made $15,000+ profit A WEEK AGO from the same image (plus the $40,000 "fine art" piece he will obviously churn out). He's doing fine, he'll make rent this month. And if you respond to this to attack me, please do so with my response already offered...you are obviously an idiot, so please eat a d1ck.

the true colors finally show... nice facade you had going for a while there dude.
destroyeric
Giant

Re:

Post by destroyeric »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:You morons don't even know what you're angry about. Here's a hint: be happy. HDH is doing more for Barack Obama by donating $1500 plus what we've already given than Shepard ever did handing out a few pieces of paper that cost him nothing and charging $15 for "shipping" while doing it, after he already made $15,000+ profit A WEEK AGO from the same image (plus the $40,000 "fine art" piece he will obviously churn out). He's doing fine, he'll make rent this month. And if you respond to this to attack me, please do so with my response already offered...you are obviously an idiot, so please eat a d1ck.

Fliptacular!
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:HDH eats d1ck.
DunDun
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by DunDun »

whyhoo wrote:

the true colors finally show... nice facade you had going for a while there dude.

Why do you have to delete all your posts? You're the smart guy who makes no sense and everytime you delete one of your enlightening posts it only makes you look more of genius, especially when three people below you have already quoted you.

Can't you grasp the fact that Shepard didn't make any money off the print? Plenty of people have quoted the OG employee saying Shep used the money to pay for the pasters and Lithos, yet in your moronic assumptions you seem to insist he made money. You flipped something that was never intended to be sold and the email that was sent out to buy these pasters explicitly stated that. You're wrong on this issue no matter how much sand you try to cover your tracks with.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Re:

Post by whyhoo »

DunDun wrote:
whyhoo wrote:

Why do you have to delete all your posts? You're the smart guy who makes no sense and everytime you delete one of your enlightening posts it only makes you look more of genius, especially when three people below you have already quoted you.

Can't you grasp the fact that Shepard didn't make any money off the print? Plenty of people have quoted the OG employee saying Shep used the money to pay for the pasters and Lithos, yet in your moronic assumptions you seem to insist he made money. You flipped something that was never intended to be sold and the email that was sent out to buy these pasters explicitly stated that. You're wrong on this issue no matter how much sand you try to cover your tracks with.

exactly - this thread is not about the Obama print or people not getting them - it's about this particular person blatantly advertising that they did not do with their free paster what they agreed to do in order to get it for free.

this is not a flipper issue, this is about being honest.

and the secondary issue is this bandwagoner coming on here giving us all lipservice. i believed you when you said you flip to buy things like Swoon originals... but now i just think you were here to gloat about your flipping business. kind of "hahahaha... look what i got away with... but doesn't my bull$hit story make it all ok? we're pals, right?"
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

henna wrote:That's funny, usually when I read a thread about this horse guy everyone is trying to figure out how he does it so they can get in on the action.

I think you're projecting flipper envy.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

robotoil wrote:hahahaha. one more stupid flipper thread to add to the bunch. Would someone please merge all these.

Shepard didn't lose any money on this. Shepard decided to support Obama personally. So Shepard took action. He was able to get a good majority of his pasters up, we've seen the pictures, at no cost to him since the print funded the paster. Did it eat some man hours? Yeah, but you all didn't charge him to put up his pasters. So, I'd call that even.

Some people decided to profit from it. Well, that's just the 'cost of doing business'. To expect that the OG troops didn't all execute the objective exactly how Shepard intended it to go is just a little unreasonable. And for that, are you telling me that OG is holding back prints from people who already paid to fund Shepard's personal champaign? I'd say, OG should give the buyers the choice to drop their orders. People paid for a product. Give it to them.

(see above)....

This is a flipper thread. I'm sorry but Shepard's expectations are just way too high to think some people were
not going to flip these pasters. Shepard knows enough people now that he could have gotten these out under the radar if he wanted. He could have just put an image up online for people to pay to have reproduced at Kinkos.

Putting these out there under the OG "label" and limiting them was sure to invite some people who want to get some fast cash. I think Shepard needs an alternate release label for projects like "Obama" that reduce the likelihood of people flipping stuff on his Charity work. Maybe an Old Navy of Obey Giant so to speak. But there is the problem. Who would have bought this had it not been Shepard Fairey. This project helped increase OG awareness. It's win-win for Shepard. To get upset because there are a few bad apples is ridiculous. With the hoopla he is making about it, is appears that he is going down the Britney Spears "make a commotion" to be in the news once a week. Is this really a battle worth fighting?
Last edited by robotoil on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

this is not a flipper issue, this is about being honest.
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

robotoil wrote: I think Shepard needs an alternate release label for projects like "Obama" that reduce the likelihood of people flipping stuff on his Charity work.

I could give a garbage about this whole thing...but I'm glad someone finally said this. Thanks Robo.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

jshea wrote:
robotoil wrote: I think Shepard needs an alternate release label for projects like "Obama" that reduce the likelihood of people flipping stuff on his Charity work.

I could give a garbage about this whole thing...but I'm glad someone finally said this. Thanks Robo.

and by the way, i totally agree with this. but could a no name sell 400 of those HOPE prints for charity at $35 a pop? i doubt it.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

whyhoo wrote:
jshea wrote:

and by the way, i totally agree with this. but could a no name sell 400 of those HOPE prints for charity at $35 a pop? i doubt it.

its doable
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

whyhoo wrote:
jshea wrote:

Probably not. But, there, Shepard took all the money from his fans and gave it to charity. After that, it's just ink on paper. People should do whatever they want with their property. Again, Shepard's objectives were met and he still pitched a biotch.
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

Why aren't the Mods moderating this thread? I bump a post in the wanted section too early and it gets deleted and I get warned with a pm. Here we have D!cks being served up for lunch and our dear buddy henna being told he's fat and not a single mod doing anything about it. Bravo fellas. I thought keeping the negitivity off this board was a priority! Guess not!
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

wait, what was the question?
avoid disappointment and future regret
henna
-

Post by henna »

I really hope one day we'll stop deleting posts, but until then:

cybernigel wrote:No wonder you're so fat, look how lazy you are. So as the oldest flipper on this board what do you make of the Obama debacle? Business as usual or has this suprised even the seasoned veterans?

As much as I'd appreciate the title of "oldest flipper on this board", it doesn't belong to me. But you know that because you yourself are such a long standing pillar of the community. As for what I make of the obrama soap opera, same story - different print.

Many of the people taking the time menstruate over it have not seen the cycle play out before - those who have will recycle the same criticisms again and again in every flipper thread convinced that they have something original to add to the argument.

People will flip prints in the future (I’ll make sure of it), OG will do something really dumb, I mean noble and fair, to make the situation 10x worse, and the same thread will appear with a new title, print, and group of self appointed apostles to fill up the pages because they are "right". How fascinating...
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

Typhoon wrote:Why aren't the Mods moderating this thread? I bump a post in the wanted section too early and it gets deleted and I get warned with a pm. Here we have D!cks being served up for lunch and our dear buddy henna being told he's fat and not a single mod doing anything about it. Bravo fellas. I thought keeping the negitivity off this board was a priority! Guess not!

please, next time, use the "report a post" function that is part of the new board software instead of slagging us for taking a little while, the day after an election and when a storm is brewing about the overall Obama print issue, to clean up a thread. Especially at dinner time and especially in giant vs. giant, which has looser rules due to it being set up for ranting/venting.

Keeping the negativity off this board is a priority for all of us. I know this, as we discuss it on a daily basis and I view the deletion/warning/ban logs regularly and can see all the work the mods. are doing. 90% of the stuff that goes on is generally never seen by 99% of the posters here because a green/red namer gets to it first.

Do things slip through the cracks, even with 3 newly-minted mods? Absolutely and all the time. So just let us know either using the report button or PM'ing an admin./mod.

Thanks.

-mose