Horseplay?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
stickee
Giant

Re: Horseplay?

Post by stickee »

mr Revs wrote:settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better. Leave the guy alone.

not had time to put your pasters up yet on a wall or ebay?
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

mr Revs wrote:settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better. Leave the guy alone. He is not doing anything illegal and there is really no difference between the principals of selling the obama prints or some other prints. We have gone over this a hundred times. Remember the whole big deal with selling the Hope for Darfur prints? Everyone was so annoyed when the started going up and now nobody gives a crepe. I think it is best that you just mind you own business and stop trying to police what other people do with their own property. Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I feel like people are so hard on other people and there needs to be somebody who, at least for arguments sake, takes the other side in these situations.

Peace

Looks like we found the "friend" - It becomes everyones business when the guy comes in here and starts trying to make us look stupid. If you want to take his side you better be prepared to feel the wrath of common sense. Crazy, I know.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

MrMurk wrote:
mr Revs wrote:settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better. Leave the guy alone. He is not doing anything illegal and there is really no difference between the principals of selling the obama prints or some other prints. We have gone over this a hundred times. Remember the whole big deal with selling the Hope for Darfur prints? Everyone was so annoyed when the started going up and now nobody gives a crepe. I think it is best that you just mind you own business and stop trying to police what other people do with their own property. Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I feel like people are so hard on other people and there needs to be somebody who, at least for arguments sake, takes the other side in these situations.

Peace

Looks like we found the "friend" - It becomes everyones business when the guy comes in here and starts trying to make us look stupid. If you want to take his side you better be prepared to feel the wrath of common sense. Crazy, I know.

Honestly buddy- you should really stop making all these ASSumptions. I am not the friend the horseman speaks of - I can sell my own art - thank you.
Check out my T-shirt quilts
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0206032951

well he has just put up another five!!

maybe he has lots of friends that got them too late?
marcobelt
Punk

Post by marcobelt »

obbi wrote:
mr Revs wrote:But the profit was already made by OG?

JeremyJohn wrote:I can assure you that we have the prints, signed, numbered and ready to go. Due to the fact that there were a LARGE number of ebay auctions, the shipping is on hold. This is a print that we stood to make no profit on. It funded the printing of the pasters. There are people out there, some of which may be reading this, looking to make their rent check or car payment and possibly then some off reselling this print. How would the bulk of you guys feel about OG if we stopped selling them through our site, distributed them amongst our friends and families, and then just took a handfull of each edition and sold them for 1000 on ebay to cover our costs and make profits? I doubt all of you college kids and young guys could afford to have one, let alone have a collection.
That being said, I'd much rather spend my time shipping out the prints, then to be dealing with tracking down these auctions. If you have put your print on ebay, and it is still up or the auction has closed, contact me directly and we can figure out a solution, and if you have any information to help us out so that we can begin shipping these prints out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the ongoing support for ObeyGiant. We are not in business to deal with this kind of thing, Shepard makes his art accessible to everyone, and we try to do best by him and his fans.

I dont want to get killed in the crossfire here, because i could care less, but i have to ask why is all the wrath directed at this horse? I just went on ebay to see what you were all talking about and there are like 8 for sale by different sellers. Just tryng to follow here.
Tuesdays with Fairey
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

mr.revs

Honestly buddy- you should really stop making all these ASSumptions. I am not the friend the horseman speaks of - I can sell my own art - thank you.
And you are pretty good at stealing it too :lol: :lol:
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

I dont want to get killed in the crossfire here, because i could care less, but i have to ask why is all the wrath directed at this horse? I just went on ebay to see what you were all talking about and there are like 8 for sale by different sellers. Just tryng to follow here.[/quote]

Watch what you say, they may accuse you of being the horse's friend, the horse himself or maybe even Banksy. :D
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

stickee wrote:mr.revs

Honestly, what is your deal?
obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

mr Revs wrote:settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better.

It would make me feel better if your actions were out of support for a cause instead of greed.
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

mr Revs wrote:
stickee wrote:mr.revs

Honestly, what is your deal?

He is just pointing out that you have admitted to taking art off the street, not a good way to gain credibility.

rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

this is better than Lost!
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

obbi wrote:
mr Revs wrote:settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better.

It would make me feel better if your actions were out of support for a cause instead of greed.

I am not here "to make you feel better". I took something off the street a couple times when I did not have the best jusgement (i have stated this many times on this forum) Why must we always revisit this issue? What do these auctions have anything to do with it?
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

mr Revs wrote:
obbi wrote:

I am not here "to make you feel better". I took something off the street a couple times when I did not have the best jusgement (i have stated this many times on this forum) Why must we always revisit this issue? What do these auctions have anything to do with it?

here's a tip for ya.....change your avatar!
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

You obviously have issues with proper judgement. When you come to a public place your comments and actions are open to scrutiny. You are expressing your opinions/taking sides and thats great, but keep in mind people will disagree. This is not a tough subject to grasp - Supoprt Obey and the cause and everything will be fine.

hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Post deleted.
Last edited by hundreddollarhorse on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
obbi
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by obbi »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:
Spoken like a true nazi. :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_Law
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

obbi wrote:

Brilliant!
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

obbi wrote:

Ha. You beat me to it. Bravo. :lol:
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

stickee wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160206032951

well he has just put up another five!!

maybe he has lots of friends that got them too late?

SOLD! thats 10 so far for the horse
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

djsp wrote:
obbi wrote:

Ha. You beat me to it. Bravo. :lol:

well done!!!

look - the real issue here is that OG sent you something for free (you covered the postage) because you agreed to do with it what they were asking - paste it up. by selling it on ebay, you stole from obeygiant. plain and simple.

i'll be the first to say buy a print and do whatever the hell you want with it - but don't obtain something under false pretenses to profit from it and then come on here and tell us all everything is fine and dandy because you're doing it for "a friend" - that's utter bullgarbage.
on point like a decimalist?
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

i'll be the first to say buy a print and do whatever the hell you want with it - but don't obtain something under false pretenses to profit from it and then come on here and tell us all everything is fine and dandy because you're doing it for "a friend" - that's utter bullgarbage.[/quote]

Well said.

This guy is a real piece of work.
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Post deleted.
Last edited by hundreddollarhorse on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by MrMurk »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:They were NOT my pasters, but selling them was the wrong thing to do and all the money from their sale will be donated to the Obama campaign...around $1500. I know it will do a lot of good there. I will post the receipt on this thread. Had a change of heart. I really hope Barack wins every state tonight and this money can help him win in November. Peace.

You cant even get your story straight in one paragraph. You are a flipper through and through, your ebay history backs it up, nice try though.

stickee
Giant

Re:

Post by stickee »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:They were NOT my pasters, but selling them was the wrong thing to do and all the money from their sale will be donated to the Obama campaign...around $1500. I know it will do a lot of good there. I will post the receipt on this thread. Had a change of heart. I really hope Barack wins every state tonight and this money can help him win in November. Peace.

so where did the other five come from? your friend bought 10? still waitng for your photos of the ones you pasted up or have you scraped them off the wall and put um on the bay? :lol:

we will never see the photos or the the check to obama

"Had a change of heart. " what? you did or did you convince your imaginary friend to give up $1500
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

hahahaha. one more stupid flipper thread to add to the bunch. Would someone please merge all these.

Shepard didn't lose any money on this. Shepard decided to support Obama personally. So Shepard took action. He was able to get a good majority of his pasters up, we've seen the pictures, at no cost to him since the print funded the paster. Did it eat some man hours? Yeah, but you all didn't charge him to put up his pasters. So, I'd call that even.

Some people decided to profit from it. Well, that's just the 'cost of doing business'. To expect that the OG troops didn't all execute the objective exactly how Shepard intended it to go is just a little unreasonable. And for that, are you telling me that OG is holding back prints from people who already paid to fund Shepard's personal champaign? I'd say, OG should give the buyers the choice to drop their orders. People paid for a product. Give it to them.