Horseplay?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
cybernigel
Giant

Horseplay?

Post by cybernigel »

The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

people are we todd did.
on point like a decimalist?
kol
Swindler

Re: Horseplay?

Post by kol »

lithographic screenprints!
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

clicked on the link..looks like the listing was removed haha
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
lepublicnme
Giant

Re:

Post by lepublicnme »

creestofer wrote:clicked on the link..looks like the listing was removed haha

what was it ?
thks
XXXX
skoola
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by skoola »

lepublicnme wrote:
creestofer wrote:clicked on the link..looks like the listing was removed haha

what was it ?
thks
XXXX

some obey currency that, when i last checked, was up to $76 (courtesy of hundreddollarhorse)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

yo horse!!!

what happened to your listing dude?
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Post deleted.
Last edited by hundreddollarhorse on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:eBay said it violated their "keyword spamming" policy. It's a shame too because I haven't had one of those bills go for more than $100 in several months. :mrgreen:

As for why people bid that much when there are cheaper BIN listings, all I can say is I have no clue.

you mean someone ratted on your auction and ebay enforced their "keyword spamming" policy... it only happens if someone tells on you!
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:eBay said it violated their "keyword spamming" policy.

Then don't keyword spam. Its pretty simple. I'm guessing you're one of those people who put Banksy in every one of their listing titles. Do you really think someone looking to buy a Banksy is going to by your Obey?
stickee
Giant

pasters on ebay from a board member $200 each

Post by stickee »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shepard-Fairey-Obey ... 0205998967

our friend hundereddollarwhore is at it again!
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

speaking of ol' horsie...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shepard-Fairey-Obey ... dZViewItem

3 available? something about this doesn't seem right... but i'm not one to tell on someone else...
cybernigel
Giant

Re: pasters on ebay from a board member $200 each

Post by cybernigel »

stickee wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Shepard-Fairey-Obey-Giant-Barack-Obama-Hope-Print_W0QQitemZ160205998967

our friend hundereddollarwhore is at it again!

"Too late to put on the street" so I decided to sell them for a 200% markup.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

onehundredninetyninedollarwhore
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Post deleted.
Last edited by hundreddollarhorse on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:These belong to my friend and it is not my place to tell him whether he should or should not sell them, I'm just doing the guy a favor. Mine went up in Union Sqaure at 7am this morning. I have also donated over $1000 to Mr. Obama's campaign and feel I owe apologies to no one.

Thats great and all :roll: - But just so you know, you are at risk of not being able to purchase anything from OBEY again. It has been strictly stated that the pasters are not for sale. Its obvious youre a flipper and if you think the "selling for my friend" thing will go over here you are mistaken.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

hundreddollarhorse wrote:These belong to my friend and it is not my place to tell him whether he should or should not sell them, I'm just doing the guy a favor. Mine went up in Union Sqaure at 7am this morning. I have also donated over $1000 to Mr. Obama's campaign and feel I owe apologies to no one.

Real classy .... do you (or your friend) work in a hardware store, cause your real tools.
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

hundreddollarhorse listing description: "These stunning 24" x 36" screenprints were never sold and were produced in support of Barack Obama's candidacy. I received mine too late to put them up in the street, so I am offering it here. Very few of these pieces were given away, making these scarce."

Iam sure the crew over at obeygiant will be glad to know this... All I had to do was copy and paste!

mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

Why do you guys care so much about what other people do with their prints?
Check out my T-shirt quilts
obbi
Site Admin

Re:

Post by obbi »

mr Revs wrote:Why do you guys care so much about what other people do with their prints?

Because its profiteering off a good cause
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

But the profit was already made by OG?
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

obbi wrote:
mr Revs wrote:Why do you guys care so much about what other people do with their prints?

Because its profiteering off a good cause

Thats a reason and also because they wont ship prints until they get these idiot flippers tracked down.

This guy is dumb enough to think his Shite dont stink so he deserves to be outed.

obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

mr Revs wrote:But the profit was already made by OG?

JeremyJohn wrote:I can assure you that we have the prints, signed, numbered and ready to go. Due to the fact that there were a LARGE number of ebay auctions, the shipping is on hold. This is a print that we stood to make no profit on. It funded the printing of the pasters. There are people out there, some of which may be reading this, looking to make their rent check or car payment and possibly then some off reselling this print. How would the bulk of you guys feel about OG if we stopped selling them through our site, distributed them amongst our friends and families, and then just took a handfull of each edition and sold them for 1000 on ebay to cover our costs and make profits? I doubt all of you college kids and young guys could afford to have one, let alone have a collection.
That being said, I'd much rather spend my time shipping out the prints, then to be dealing with tracking down these auctions. If you have put your print on ebay, and it is still up or the auction has closed, contact me directly and we can figure out a solution, and if you have any information to help us out so that we can begin shipping these prints out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the ongoing support for ObeyGiant. We are not in business to deal with this kind of thing, Shepard makes his art accessible to everyone, and we try to do best by him and his fans.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

don't forget to add your 'photos' to the bombing thread....... :lol: :lol:

so you stuck yours up with no niggle in the back of your head saying $1000 $1000 $1000
then came home from a hard days work and risked getting banned from OG to sell these for a friend and make a cool grand for him? while you ran the risk of getting arrested and you lost out on a sale for a $1000

does your friend not have a computer? I would imagine he was quite savvy if he scored these pasters in the first place
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

settle down. I will give you my pack of pasters if it makes you feel better. Leave the guy alone. He is not doing anything illegal and there is really no difference between the principals of selling the obama prints or some other prints. We have gone over this a hundred times. Remember the whole big deal with selling the Hope for Darfur prints? Everyone was so annoyed when the started going up and now nobody gives a crepe. I think it is best that you just mind you own business and stop trying to police what other people do with their own property. Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I feel like people are so hard on other people and there needs to be somebody who, at least for arguments sake, takes the other side in these situations.

Peace