WTB OBAMA $450

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by mrxscarface28 »

MrMurk wrote:
admonkey wrote:
JeremyJohn wrote:theory - this is coming straight from the studio. we know who you are and you will be refunded for all of your purchases. take down your auctions before we have ebay do it for us.

He can't take the auctions down; they've already sold with Buy it Now purchases. Probably already has the money in his account, too. Maybe even spent it, too. :roll:

Even better - Iam sure he went off and spent his "earnings" on rare hockey cards and now he has to get it back. HAHAHAHAH. This is great.

Desert Storm trading cards?
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Post by fishmansvacuum »

K-A-R-M-A.....she ALWAYS comes through!
My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

mrxscarface28 wrote:
MrMurk wrote:
admonkey wrote:
JeremyJohn wrote:theory - this is coming straight from the studio. we know who you are and you will be refunded for all of your purchases. take down your auctions before we have ebay do it for us.

He can't take the auctions down; they've already sold with Buy it Now purchases. Probably already has the money in his account, too. Maybe even spent it, too. :roll:

Even better - Iam sure he went off and spent his "earnings" on rare hockey cards and now he has to get it back. HAHAHAHAH. This is great.

Desert Storm trading cards?

Yeah, maybe he will get that Wolf Blitzer that was stolen from him. HAHA :wink:
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

MrMurk wrote:
admonkey wrote:

rich i tell ya, RICH! let the drama unfold...
on point like a decimalist?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Hey Jeremy, is this grounds for banishment from purchasing future prints? Obvious answers only please!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Gigantico wrote:Hey Jeremy, is this grounds for banishment from purchasing future prints? Obvious answers only please!

are you worried about something? :?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

fribhey wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Hey Jeremy, is this grounds for banishment from purchasing future prints? Obvious answers only please!

are you worried about something? :?

:|

Not sure what would make you say that. I asked for informative purposes as it is on-topic with this thread and was not previously addressed in this thread. If I was involved in this stuff, it would be pretty silly (and hypocritcal) to bring it up on my part. :roll:
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

I'd just like to point out that, given the amount of copy this topic has generated here and elsewhere, this is obviously the Biggest Thing to Have Ever Happened in Obey Giant Collector History.

::cough::

;)
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

admonkey wrote:I'd just like to point out that, given the amount of copy this topic has generated here and elsewhere, this is obviously the Biggest Thing to Have Ever Happened in Obey Giant Collector History.

;)

wait wait wait. the sarcasm was caked on so thickly that I actually thought for a minute that you really believed this. funny.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

admonkey wrote:I'd just like to point out that, given the amount of copy this topic has generated here and elsewhere, this is obviously the Biggest Thing to Have Ever Happened in Obey Giant Collector History.

;)

:lol: thank you for that :lol:
DunDun
Giant

Re:

Post by DunDun »

;)

You can't spell hyperbole without obey...(sorry had to do it too)
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

MrMurk wrote:He is screwed. I sent an email to Obey last night and they already reponded to me saying thanks for the heads up they are working on it. Have a nice day Darwin!

Well done Murk! That bagadouche jeopardized all Denver collectors from receiving their prints.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Post by fishmansvacuum »

did "theory" run away and hide? awwww....that makes me a sad panda!

My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

fishmansvacuum wrote:did "theory" run away and hide? awwww....that makes me a sad panda!

a sad Sexual Harassment Panda :lol: :lol:
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

fishmansvacuum wrote:did "theory" run away and hide? awwww....that makes me a sad panda!

You can see when a person last visited the site by clicking on their names (under their avatar to the left of anything they post). The information is found under "User Statistics."

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1124

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

DunDun wrote:

;)

You can't spell hyperbole without obey...(sorry had to do it too)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

Since the admins find it OK to come in this thread and keep the banter going, here goes...

If theory wants to buy a print here so what. Remember this and you will never be sorry when you sell something again: Never sell something for below what would make you look back with regret.

Jeremy, exactly what grounds would you have to ask eBay to cancel the order? = Stupid idle threat.

I miss Jason already.

Jeremy, your coming on the board to chime in on this as an "official spokesman" for S.N.O. and making threats is smeared. Now go find something useful to do like fixing the server.

Anyone who wants to flip this print should contact me. I'd be happy to handle the transaction for you for $40. The price of a decent sushi lunch. Only, I won't sell it until I have the print in hand.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

robotoil wrote:
Jeremy, exactly what grounds would you have to ask eBay to cancel the order? = Stupid idle threat.

I miss Jason already.

Jeremy, your coming on the board to chime in on this as an "official spokesman" for S.N.O. and making threats is smeared. Now go find something useful to do like fixing the server.

Eric,
Your a have been a respected member of this forum for a long time now, much longer then I and many others here. These type of comments are not necessary and lead to much of the negativity of this forum. I understand you might disagree with Obey/SNO policy's but there is no need to use comments like that directed at someone who has come here directly to help give this community as a hole information. Please be a stand up member and apologize for your rude comments to Jeremy.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Backpackpunk wrote:
robotoil wrote:

I miss Jason already.

Eric,
Your a have been a respected member of this forum for a long time now, much longer then I and many others here. These type of comments are not necessary and lead to much of the negativity of this forum. I understand you might disagree with Obey/SNO policy's but there is no need to use comments like that directed at someone who has come here directly to help give this community as a hole information. Please be a stand up member and apologize for your rude comments to Jeremy.

BBP,

I agree that my comments will lead to negativity. That doesn't mean that I don't stand behind them. They are not very popular comments for sure. I find this whole situation to be insanely stupid. This conversation is an addendum to any flipper thread that has ever occurred in the past.

If Jeremy wants to be the official spokesperson for S.N.O on this board and jump on the bash bandwagon, then he should be prepared to have it be a two way street from other members who feel differently then he does. Do you think those comments would have ever come out of Jason? If Jeremy wants to assume the role of Jason and share information about upcoming releases and news that is great. However, attacking members of this board as an official spokesperson crosses the line in my opinion. And, it's only my opinion. If anything, I apologize for the 'server' comment. Everything else stands 'as is'.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

don't even apologize for the server comment.
it STILL remains to be THE WACKEST print buying experience on the internets.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Eric,

Jason's previous activity on this forum will be irreplaceable, but I think I speak for the majority of the members here in stating that we would be glad to have anyone from Obey Giant provide us with insight/information (even if it comes in the way of threats). In fact many of us would rather have an OG insider on here than YOU. So you need to understand that if you are going to bash the OG insider, who is also bashing, then you will only make problems for yourself. I along with BPP think that an apology is in order, but I also know that you are not capable of humbling yourself in situations like this. Its quite a shame. I hope you prove me wrong.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: WTB OBAMA $450

Post by Backpackpunk »

Robotoil,
I don't think Jeremy is here to take Jason's place, I don't think that role can be filled by anyone as he was in a unique position at SNO/Obey, I am pretty sure he is here to voice what is going on as far as the print shipping and delays (from what I can tell from his posts).
I understand your feelings and frustration about how OG is dealing with the recent problems with print drops but there is no reason to post nasty comments directed at people trying to help us out and let us know what is going on, one of the biggest complaints is that OG had terrible customer service and never let us know what was happening and it looks like they are trying to fix that, I would hate for overwhelming negativity to ruin that before it has begun.
I agree the server sucks, but it has been said before that they are working on it and I am pretty sure they will try to do something to fix the problem, until then we are all stuck with the situation at hand.
Also Jeremy never attacked any member of this forum, he just stated that Theory would be refunded for his prints.
I agree with voicing your concern, frustration and feelings to OG but it can be in a constructive manner that works at resolving the problems that OG is having, and yes I do think that the server comment was something to apologize for as they have stated that they are working on it.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: WTB OBAMA $450

Post by Backpackpunk »

Also Eric, these post from me are not to flame you and start a fight, I just hate to see a long standing member of this forum who has provide a lot of useful information to many people here have so much animosity towards the people trying to help and possible be the cause for those people to no longer come here and inform us of whats going on.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

I think it's great that this prick was caught.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Re:

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Autodactyl wrote:I think it's great that this prick was caught.

:twisted:
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy