WTB OBAMA $450

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Wow... today was the first time I checked this thread out.

Just figured it was kinda like, what they call in the construction trade....

"discussing the price of a 2X4"
cybernigel
Giant

Re: WTB OBAMA $450

Post by cybernigel »

skoola wrote:is that a hundred dollar horse? (sorry)

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

cybernigel wrote:
skoola wrote:is that a hundred dollar horse? (sorry)

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Im just going to say.
The problem was not with selling a print

The problem was selling multiple prints he did not own.

This is not only lam... but illegal. how so? because he agreed to the terms and conditions of ebay. And you may not sell something you do not own.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

noverflow wrote:Im just going to say.

This is not only lam... but illegal. how so? because he agreed to the terms and conditions of ebay. And you may not sell something you do not own.

I'm going to parse a little. It's not that he didn't own them, it's that that they weren't in his posession yet. Which is lame. He did have reciepts. He did pay for them. And he did intend to deliver. It's not like Theory was trying to cheat anyone.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

robotoil wrote:

I'm going to parse a little. It's not that he didn't own them, it's that that they weren't in his posession yet. Which is lame. He did have reciepts. He did pay for them. And he did intend to deliver. It's not like Theory was trying to cheat anyone.

Do you ever shut up?

Just a rhetorical question ... Don't really need an answer.
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

mrxscarface28 wrote:
robotoil wrote:

Do you ever shut up?

Why ask questions you already know the answer to? Just a rhetorical question ... Don't really need an answer.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from...

mrxscarface28 wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:I think it's great that this prick was caught.

:twisted:
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

robotoil wrote:
mrxscarface28 wrote:
robotoil wrote:

Do you ever shut up?

Why ask questions you already know the answer to? Just a rhetorical question ... Don't really need an answer.

mrxscarface28 wrote:

I didn't really know the answer ... that is until now. Mostly I just wanted to see how long it would take for you to post a response. 12 minutes ... That's 10 minutes longer than I expected.
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

mrxscarface28 wrote:
robotoil wrote:
mrxscarface28 wrote:
robotoil wrote:

Do you ever shut up?

mrxscarface28 wrote:

I didn't really know the answer ... that is until now. Mostly I just wanted to see how long it would take for you to post a response. 12 minutes ... That's 10 minutes longer than I expected.

Sorry for the slow response time. My call center was outsourced to India and I'm still trying to work the kinks out. :lol:
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

I agree. Having someone pay for prints and then not shipping them as as expected in the implied terms of the transaction is pretty lame.

Kinda reminds me of some other situation :D
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

lb1469 wrote:

I agree. Having someone pay for prints and then not shipping them as as expected in the implied terms of the transaction is pretty lame.

Please point me to Obey's terms and conditions for their sales.

I'm pretty sure I can point you to eBay's, directly. There's nothing implied about it.

You try to equivocate even while in the process of writing. Your "implied" and my "implied" will surely be two different things; I'd suggest staying away from conjecture.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

You’re a well versed writer. I’ll give you that. I always enjoy reading your posts.

However, I have to disagree that simply because Obey does not have their terms stated that those who purchase items on the site don’t have the right to expect either the merchandise they purchased or a prompt refund. Obey has provided neither. So far all they have done is take thousands of dollars from their customers and have provided no explanation as to if and when they will receive their prints.

Policy or not, it’s not very good business practice and not a very fair way to treat their customers.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

lb1469 wrote:You’re a well versed writer. I’ll give you that. I always enjoy reading your posts.

However, I have to disagree that simply because Obey does not have their terms stated that those who purchase items on the site don’t have the right to expect either the merchandise they purchased or a prompt refund. Obey has provided neither. So far all they have done is take thousands of dollars from their customers and have provided no explanation as to if and when they will receive their prints.

Policy or not, it’s not very good business practice and not a very fair way to treat their customers.

Are you not expecting your merchandise?

I know I ordered an Obama print and received confirmation of its sale. I'm expecting it. I have no reason not to.

Obey has always delivered. I suspect they will again, particularly because I'm not on a ban list (to the best of my knowledge). So it's taking longer than usual. I'm in no hurry.

You?

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

No, I’m not expecting one since I didn’t order one. I’m merely commenting on prior posts.

I’m glad you’re confident that you will receive your print and hope that you do as well as everyone else who purchased it for their collections.

As for the reason why one may suspect that unlike every other time, this time they may not get the print they ordered, well when a representative from Obey states that they are considering refunding all the orders or geographical areas, I think that’s reason enough.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

lb1469 wrote:No, I’m not expecting one since I didn’t order one. I’m merely commenting on prior posts.

I’m glad you’re confident that you will receive your print and hope that you do as well as everyone else who purchased it for their collections.

I really hope that anyone-- and everyone-- who is dissatisfied with the shipping delay would take a moment, right now, to dispute the PayPal charge and force the process of receiving a refund. Please. Take matters into your own hands. Get your money back and get some balance back in your lives.

Maybe then, once the dust settles and it's known how many extra prints are available because of customer-cancelled sales, you'd have another chance to order one, lb. :D

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
henna
-

Post by henna »

lb1469 wrote:I agree. Having someone pay for prints and then not shipping them as as expected in the implied terms of the transaction is pretty lame.

:lol: That's rich.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

henna wrote:
lb1469 wrote:I agree. Having someone pay for prints and then not shipping them as as expected in the implied terms of the transaction is pretty lame.

:lol: That's rich.

Leo, totally. And I agree with APMonkey, people should vote with their wallets.
alfonsosoriano
Punk

Post by alfonsosoriano »

this was a terrific thread! it had everything! action, intrigue, drama! i think it's kind of cool to see that the governing members of this forum have differing opinions. well done gents.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

alfonsosoriano wrote:this was a terrific thread! it had everything! action, intrigue, drama! i think it's kind of cool to see that the governing members of this forum have differing opinions. well done gents.

i just read this also for the first time....good stuff.....my two cents.....def. wrong for selling before in hand.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Check out the feedback (guess which one I'm talking about):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
rastapunk
Giant

Re:

Post by rastapunk »

admonkey wrote:Check out the feedback (guess which one I'm talking about):

Zing!
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
stinkypete
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by stinkypete »

rastapunk wrote:

Zing!

how does that be a neutral feedback as opposed to negative
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

stinkypete wrote:
rastapunk wrote:

Zing!

how does that be a neutral feedback as opposed to negative

Probably came to some sort of arrangement.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

wonder if he got refunded or just lied about it then sold for a higher price when he saw the prices shoot up?
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

I wonder if the buyer could verify the seller's address through Ebay and Obey somehow. If Obey shipped the seller a print then she'd know the truth.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;