WTB OBAMA $450

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

circa77 wrote:Eric,

Jason's previous activity on this forum will be irreplaceable, but I think I speak for the majority of the members here in stating that we would be glad to have anyone from Obey Giant provide us with insight/information (even if it comes in the way of threats). In fact many of us would rather have an OG insider on here than YOU. So you need to understand that if you are going to bash the OG insider, who is also bashing, then you will only make problems for yourself. I along with BPP think that an apology is in order, but I also know that you are not capable of humbling yourself in situations like this. Its quite a shame. I hope you prove me wrong.

Truth be told, I'd rather have Jeremy on here making threats then YOU too. You never miss an antagonizing beat do you. Especially the "I know you can't do it so prove me wrong". B.S. You need to brush up on debate 101. Whatever. You have a really short memory don't you. You dragged me and this forum through so much B.S. with your "fake brother" attack on me. Then I reached out to you to put it behind us to move the board forward. Did you forget that? Not again.

circa77 wrote:
Re: To the future.

Sent at: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:44 pm
To: robotoil

I do not know you personally, but I can tell by your writing that you and I have some similarities in that we are both very strong willed and determined to defend our positions on certain issues. With such personality types we will likely disagree on issues in the future. Lets hope that, if it does happen, we will resolve them in a more civil manner.

I agree that we should put all that crepe from the other day behind us and look forward to enjoying the reason why we joined this forum.

I respect the fact that you contacted me to end any negative feelings. It proves that you deserve more respect than I gave you.

Thanks,
Jake

You are a time waster. You have just joined Marilyn. Cya.
circa77
Giant

Re: WTB OBAMA $450

Post by circa77 »

no Robot, don't go. I'm so sorry. please wait... :cry:
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

robotoil wrote:
JeremyJohn wrote:theory - this is coming straight from the studio. we know who you are and you will be refunded for all of your purchases. take down your auctions before we have ebay do it for us.

Since the admins find it OK to come in this thread and keep the banter going, here goes...

If theory wants to buy a print here so what. Remember this and you will never be sorry when you sell something again: Never sell something for below what would make you look back with regret.

Jeremy, exactly what grounds would you have to ask eBay to cancel the order? = Stupid idle threat.

I miss Jason already.

Jeremy, your coming on the board to chime in on this as an "official spokesman" for S.N.O. and making threats is smeared. Now go find something useful to do like fixing the server.

Anyone who wants to flip this print should contact me. I'd be happy to handle the transaction for you for $40. The price of a decent sushi lunch. Only, I won't sell it until I have the print in hand.

robotoil,

i don't think jeremy was attacking or bashing anyone, in fact, it seems to me that he is trying his hardest to salvage the situation. his boss is shepard and from what i've read, shepard suggested to cancel all of the orders. instead, jeremy is trying to prevent that from happening by weeding out the flippers (or at least the people who have been selling them on ebay) and ship out the prints to the actual fans. i know that process is practically impossible but he is trying to help us out and i don't think it's fair to attack him.

to everyone,

i also don't think it's any of our places to police what other people do to obey. i'm not an obey giant surveillance camera, and i think reporting other people to obey is rather ANTI the obey message of fight the man, question everything. do i think what theory did was/is a d-i-c-k move? absolutely (mostly because he was trying to take advantage of members here for money). did i call him out on it? yes. did i go and report him to obey? absolutely not, i have better things to do with my time then act like a hall monitor rent-a-cop. if people here are going to report theory to obey then you might as well go to the selling/trading forum and report all of those people as well. the only major difference (other then taking advantage of members here by trying to get a good deal only to make a profit) between his sales and others is that he was selling something he didn't even have in his possession and also didn't have shipping confirmation.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

fribhey wrote:
robotoil wrote:
JeremyJohn wrote:theory - this is coming straight from the studio. we know who you are and you will be refunded for all of your purchases. take down your auctions before we have ebay do it for us.

Since the admins find it OK to come in this thread and keep the banter going, here goes...

If theory wants to buy a print here so what. Remember this and you will never be sorry when you sell something again: Never sell something for below what would make you look back with regret.

Jeremy, exactly what grounds would you have to ask eBay to cancel the order? = Stupid idle threat.

I miss Jason already.

Jeremy, your coming on the board to chime in on this as an "official spokesman" for S.N.O. and making threats is smeared. Now go find something useful to do like fixing the server.

Anyone who wants to flip this print should contact me. I'd be happy to handle the transaction for you for $40. The price of a decent sushi lunch. Only, I won't sell it until I have the print in hand.

robotoil,

i don't think jeremy was attacking or bashing anyone, in fact, it seems to me that he is trying his hardest to salvage the situation. his boss is shepard and from what i've read, shepard suggested to cancel all of the orders. instead, jeremy is trying to prevent that from happening by weeding out the flippers (or at least the people who have been selling them on ebay) and ship out the prints to the actual fans. i know that process is practically impossible but he is trying to help us out and i don't think it's fair to attack him.

Frib,

Demand will always dictate what something is worth regardless of what something is sold for. Shepard is creating this situation himself by underpricing his work. Then trying to fight the aftermath that results from his 'contrary to the way markets work' stance. Just how long do you have to hold this print before you have to make an excuse to say, "my dog needs medication and I need the money, so regrettably, I must sell this print". Or, insert any other apologetic excuse here.

Jeremy telling Theory to remove his listing may in fact be helpful to those who are waiting on a print, if it makes Shepard happy, but that doesn't change the fact that Theory paid for prints/property and is now being told what to do with them. This is not even about being 'honest' about pasters. It is just a flipper scenario. Jeremy telling Theory what to do with his eBay listings is none of his business.

Oh, and Theory coming here to get prints at a member to member price is a d!ck thing to do if only to immediately resell. But, like I said before, once you sell something to someone, don't look back.
Last edited by robotoil on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i agree that the flipper card is definitely played out

i look at this issue as theory winning the "dipshite of the year" award

he flips prints, and has every right to do that

but he flipped 3 obama prints when he didn't even have 1 in hand, karma is a beyotch.

if the people who flip instead of collect would have some patience and receive their prints before listing, there is nothing to be said
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

I dont think people understand what a d!ck Theory is. He was told about Obey from a friend of mine who worked with him around a year ago, since then all this guy has done is flip prints before he gets them and abuse this board as a way to do so.

I dont care about flipping at all. I have flipped prints. I do believe however there is a honest way and the d!ck way and Theory uses the latter.
You should be glad he was called out. He has no real interest in Obey and is only in it to make a buck. I was under the impression this was a place for people who support the movement and the fewer people like Theory and HundredDollarHorse running around here the better for all of us.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

MrMurk wrote:You should be glad he was called out. He has no real interest in Obey and is only in it to make a buck. I was under the impression this was a place for people who support the movement and the fewer people like Theory and HundredDollarHorse running around here the better for all of us.

good point Murk.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

MrMurk wrote:I dont think people understand what a d!ck Theory is. He was told about Obey from a friend of mine who worked with him around a year ago, since then all this guy has done is flip prints before he gets them and abuse this board as a way to do so.

I dont care about flipping at all. I have flipped prints. I do believe however there is a honest way and the d!ck way and Theory uses the latter.
You should be glad he was called out. He has no real interest in Obey and is only in it to make a buck. I was under the impression this was a place for people who support the movement and the fewer people like Theory and HundredDollarHorse running around here the better for all of us.

durn straight
on point like a decimalist?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

MrMurk wrote:I dont think people understand what a d!ck Theory is. He was told about Obey from a friend of mine who worked with him around a year ago, since then all this guy has done is flip prints before he gets them and abuse this board as a way to do so.

I'm curious what you think is cool flipping and d!ckmove flipping? Is the only diff that it's lame to flip when you don't have it in hand? I'm not trying to judge I just want to understand people's positons.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Good point Murk. Everyone should know that the only reason Theory comes here is flip with no interest in Obey. So, people should not be looking to give him any special deals in that regard if they were inclinded to do him a solid as a fellow collector. Other then that, I see nothing wrong with offering to buy something with the intent to sell.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

D!ck Move - Flipping 3 prints before you have them and then coming to the community and asking for more. I would also like to add he buys (retail) and flips multiples with every print he can.

If you buy a print, it gets to your door step, its in your possesion and you decide to sell/flip/trade/whatever, thats more than legit. Thats life and doing business.

I obviously cant make it clear enough what a jerk this guy is and what his actions are doing to the Obey community as a whole. It is really frustrating when they list your city as a place they dont want to ship prints because one person is dishonest and corrupt. Especially when you can point to the "man" who is doing it with confidence.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

MrMurk wrote:D!ck Move - Flipping 3 prints before you have them and then coming to the community and asking for more. I would also like to add he buys (retail) and flips multiples with every print he can.

If you buy a print, it gets to your door step, its in your possesion and you decide to sell/flip/trade/whatever, thats more than legit. Thats life and doing business.

I obviously cant make it clear enough what a jerk this guy is and what his actions are doing to the Obey community as a whole. It is really frustrating when they list your city as a place they dont want to ship prints because one person is dishonest and corrupt. Especially when you can point to the "man" who is doing it with confidence.

I appreciate the elaboration. I don't endorse flipping but I understand it and realize that market forces will prevail whenever there is lack of regulation. I'm just trying to figure out how fine the line is between what this community considers a legit business move and exploitive profiteering. Also, I think most members stand behind your contempt of Theory's behavior, especially myself since I also hail from D-town.

I was thinking what if they came up with an RFID dye pack that was adhered to the back of each print and could be remotely triggered to explode and thus ruining the print upon learning that it was flipped ? (< *this is a joke*)
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

cybernigel wrote:I was thinking what if they came up with an RFID dye pack that was adhered to the back of each print and could be remotely triggered to explode and thus ruining the print upon learning that it was flipped ? (< *this is a joke*)

Wow. Great idea! Art that keeps on changing. It might look like the Faile splats.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:I was thinking what if they came up with an RFID dye pack that was adhered to the back of each print and could be remotely triggered to explode and thus ruining the print upon learning that it was flipped ? (< *this is a joke*)

screw that, i say OG needs to revolutionize things a bit. instead of "selling" prints they should just "rent" them. the rentable prints should have fading dyes and each print will come with an expiration number instead of an edition number. this will stop all flipping as we know it because the buyers will essentially just be buying a blank sheet of paper
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

they should just sell Mystery Tubes. You might get a print, a shirt, or Obey Confetti.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

If he flipped one print, okay. But to flip 3 prints, and come on here looking for another one to flip is beyond d!ck faced. I mean, the limit is one per household last I checked. Already in violation of that. Good riddance.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Autodactyl wrote:If he flipped one print, okay. But to flip 3 prints, and come on here looking for another one to flip is beyond d!ck faced. I mean, the limit is one per household last I checked. Already in violation of that. Good riddance.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

fribhey wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:If he flipped one print, okay. But to flip 3 prints, and come on here looking for another one to flip is beyond d!ck faced. I mean, the limit is one per household last I checked. Already in violation of that. Good riddance.

Actually, I'd say, selling 1 print makes you a flipper. Selling more then then 1 print make you a reseller like the officially sanctioned price marker upper "arkitip". :|
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

robotoil wrote:Actually, I'd say, selling 1 print makes you a flipper.

Don't disagree with that.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

all this dobbing in to obey about people is sooooo lame, a bit different in a few of the Obama print cases, granted! but it goes on all the time on here! There is so much moaning and bittcchhing on here! I dont know what it's like in the U.S but where i come from it's the lowest thing running to someone and "telling" on people! Guys they are only prints, please this is getting boring! The time to moan is (if) or (when) we get refunded for these ASSSSHOOOOLESSS actions, until then let anyone else do what they are gonna do and im sure Obey or ebay will find out and karma will run it's cause! Until then go and do something cool!
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

slidingaround wrote:all this dobbing in to obey about people is sooooo lame, a bit different in a few of the Obama print cases, granted! but it goes on all the time on here! There is so much moaning and bittcchhing on here! I dont know what it's like in the U.S but where i come from it's the lowest thing running to someone and "telling" on people! Guys they are only prints, please this is getting boring! The time to moan is (if) or (when) we get refunded for these ASSSSHOOOOLESSS actions, until then let anyone else do what they are gonna do and im sure Obey or ebay will find out and karma will run it's cause! Until then go and do something cool!

i personally cry myself to sleep thinking of this whole ordeal
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

skoola wrote:
slidingaround wrote:all this dobbing in to obey about people is sooooo lame, a bit different in a few of the Obama print cases, granted! but it goes on all the time on here! There is so much moaning and bittcchhing on here! I dont know what it's like in the U.S but where i come from it's the lowest thing running to someone and "telling" on people! Guys they are only prints, please this is getting boring! The time to moan is (if) or (when) we get refunded for these ASSSSHOOOOLESSS actions, until then let anyone else do what they are gonna do and im sure Obey or ebay will find out and karma will run it's cause! Until then go and do something cool!

i personally cry myself to sleep thinking of this whole ordeal

i just woke up from crying myself to sleep earlier.
on point like a decimalist?
lb1469
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lb1469 »

The guy did offer to buy the print for $450 so it's not like he was asking anyone to give their print up at cost. Sure he was going to make a few hundered dollars on it but so was the person who flipped it over to him.

Members pawn their prints on this site ALL the time and rarely (some exceptions) are they giving them up for much less than the going eBay price. Many times I'd made offers below eBay prices on prints being sold and I'm automatically given the "this print just sold on eBay for $XXXX answer". So many are quick to criticize eBay and those evil eBay flippers, yet they set their clock by them.
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sessone »

cause i wreck when i tangle...
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

is that a hundred dollar horse? (sorry)

sessone wrote:Image