Home of Damaged Fairey's

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Home of Damaged Fairey's

Post by dirtyd0369 »

I doubt this is very feasible, but I always wonderd how many prints get damaged/destroyed over time there by reducing the actual number of prints out there that are in mint condition. Out of a run of 350 are 5 already dead or 50? Is there a prticular unfortunate print that has more damged prints than others.

I'll start it off. A friend of mine has a "this is your church print" with two giant folds in it and never bothered returning it... 349.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

I saw at least 5 ALI prints get folded/mishandled at the release... 295
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
rhombus_77
Giant

Re: Home of Damaged Fairey's

Post by rhombus_77 »

1 LA Phil damaged by UPS
1 11th hour damaged by UPS

I hate UPS
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Yeah. Hard to know. Especially for the early years when prints were just prints and no one thought twice about trashing them. I love to know that info for the early stuff, not that there is any feasible way to know.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

1-MLK
1-QOTSA/EODM
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

when adam and i were moving, one of our portfolios was water-damaged while we were driving through some of the storms from hurricane katrina (the backdoor of the moving truck closed on the cloth strap that you use to pull it down, so the seal was compromised). anyway, most of the stuff in the portfolio was adam's work (which sucked), but there were some OG prints that got damaged. the interpol set, although those are probably still OK to frame, and something else... but i can't remember. good thing we put all of the "important" prints in the cab of the truck with us!

i know we've received multiple prints that were damaged in-transit from OG, but my memory ain't what it used to be.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

2- Gunds and Roses
1 - Vegetarian
1- Molotov Man
1- Flith and Furry
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

What's even more interesting, is to think of the prints that were in run of 100. Think about how many of those were tacked up on bedroom walls, folded into paper airplanes, etc. I remember seeing a store here in seattle use mounting tape to put up an early Mao for display. Ruined. So anyway.....
JErikR
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

JErikR wrote:What's even more interesting, is to think of the prints that were in run of 100. Think about how many of those were tacked up on bedroom walls, folded into paper airplanes, etc. I remember seeing a store here in seattle use mounting tape to put up an early Mao for display. Ruined. So anyway.....

That reminds me, when I went to the Ali release they got out some masking tape and taped one to the wall. make that 294
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Chuck D 07
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

I've got a Proud Parents with a small tear, a Big Brother City with a huge gouge in it and a Giant Savage 2 with multiple creases.
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Xpoc »

Only damage i've had is a little bit of folding on the outer edge in the bottom left corner of vote. It's so minor I wouldn't really count it though. A friend of mine put "this is a print" up on his wall with masking tape, it's also gotten a few nicks and tears over it's transport...no tube or portfolios used.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein
DunDun
Giant

Re:

Post by DunDun »

Chuck D '07 was my only smashed from UPS. But the first print OG print I ever owned was in college. Marcos Drip. I still have it, but I poster taped it to a wall for a couple years. oops. Now the print resembles a Sharpei, but I had a fun time trying to cut it off the wall. lol. Most of the tape is still stuck to the print.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

Bashed and footprinted Biggie Blue a couple years ago direct from Obey when that one lady worked there before she got fired for total printselling suckage. That was weird.

1 - Biggie Blue out of commission.
Our influence will be gigantic.
obbi
Site Admin

Post by obbi »

I waited three months before reciving an order from April ... of course, nothing sold out that fast. Still, 2 and a half months before someone realized my order was not fulfilled, nothing you could do.
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

only one I ever received damaged was a Big Brother offset back in 2000.

I also have a zapatista print that had a very unfortunate trip on my first sale ever. damaged, but you cant see it in the frame
IG - ATXjeweler
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

1 peace goddess color.
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
ideabolo
Giant

Post by ideabolo »

3 offset guns n roses
2 both side of capitalism sets!
please check: TOYKIO & my instagram is: toykio