Deleting My Post

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Bonesy
Giant

Deleting My Post

Post by Bonesy »

Im annoyed........
I made a comment in the ebay section about the guy who has 3 posts all pugging his ebay listing of his Tic Toc print. I wasnt rude I said "3 posts, 3 plugs...... way to contribute to the community". My post was deleted and I got a PM from a moderator "Don't be a jerk. Tell a mod if you think someone is abusing the board."
Was I being a jerk?
I wasnt even close to being a jerk yet I get my post deleted. On top of that this guy randomly plugs his ebay auction in the artsists Josh Keyes thread as well and that dosnet get deleted? Its not the Josh Keyes thread was active, it hadnt been posted on in a week. He is using that thread to get people to notice his ebay auction. Yet Im the one that gets reprimanded? I think I contribute a little bit more here than Supertoast.
Not a huge deal but come on now.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
robotoil
Giant

Re: Deleting My Post

Post by robotoil »

Bonsey, you are not alone.
Last edited by robotoil on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Bonsey. Im not sure what happened, but im sorry.
If a member is new, they get special treatment just because I dont want people to feel unwelcome.
Everyone here knows you contribute to the site.

As for you robot oil. Stop it.
What are you talking about. Banter is allowed in off site commerce, but is not allowed in the others. Does stuff slip by? Yeah. We could use more help. Id as if you wanted to be a mod, but ... edited
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
JimmyC
Swindler

Post by JimmyC »

I met Supertoast - he smells like cheese.
Bonesy
Giant

Re:

Post by Bonesy »

Im not saying what the mod was the correct action. I was simply apologizing.

noverflow wrote:Bonsey. Im not sure what happened, but im sorry.
If a member is new, they get special treatment just because I dont want people to feel unwelcome.
Everyone here knows you contribute to the site.

As for you robot oil. Stop it.
What are you talking about. Banter is allowed in off site commerce, but is not allowed in the others. Does stuff slip by? Yeah. We could use more help. Id as if you wanted to be a mod, but ... edited

I dont think I was being a jerk to the new member and Im all for new members but lets be honest here: the kid joined, posted an ebay plug, and has since posted two more times, both about his ebay auction. I dont think he is going to be a contributing member to this community. Its not like I was irrate about what the kid posted I merely said "3 posts, 3 plugs..... way to contribute to the community", whats so bad about that? It dosnet need to be deleted and call for a PM being sent to me saying dont be a jerk.

The moderator followed up with a PM saying he has since taken care of the plug in the Artsits Chat thread. This means he didnt even initially see what all 3 of the new members posts were, he just deleted my post, sent me a PM saying I was being a jerk and that was the end. Maybe if he took the time to read all 3 of the new members posts he would have seen where I was coming from, but he didnt.

Im just pointing out some heavy handed big brother stuff that really isnt necessary. This place has been running smoothly lately and there is little need for moderators to delete peoples thoughts.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
henna
-

Post by henna »

You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

robotoil wrote:Bonsey, you are not alone.
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

Mulder wrote:The truth is out there.
avoid disappointment and future regret
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

submit wrote:
Mulder wrote:The truth is out there.
Our influence will be gigantic.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Bonesy wrote:The truth is right here.
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

Jack Nicholson wrote:You can't haaannnndddle the truth!
avoid disappointment and future regret