New collectors (and old)...seriously (Suit)

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
djsp
Giant

New collectors (and old)...seriously (Suit)

Post by djsp »

I mean, I get it. Some of you really love the new stuff. The old stuff doesn't appeal. But something like this? Suit
I got shut out becasue I lost my internet connection in an office that I was visiting, so I could not bid again. $307? I just bought a couple of things last week, and shouldn't have even been bidding on this. What is going on? Take a break from War by Numbers. Let the Mujer series rest for a while. Letting stuff from before '00 go for this cheap is a crime. A crime I tells ya! Anyway, just had to get this off my chest. 8)
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

I was going to bid on this, but that big ole goose egg by the seller's name frightened me away.
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

rhombus_77 wrote:I was going to bid on this, but that big ole goose egg by the seller's name frightened me away.
on point like a decimalist?
djsp
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by djsp »

whyhoo wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:I was going to bid on this, but that big ole goose egg by the seller's name frightened me away.

Credit cards my friends. Credit cards. Never had a problem with the old Amex. Also, I would venture that we might start seeing more auctions like this, as people realize the value of what they have. It is amazing how many prints that people have said "we probably will never see again", have been seen again as of late.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

I was going to snipe this thing but forgot. It's a great print. Someone is going to be very happy when they open their tube.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

robotoil wrote:I was going to snipe this thing but forgot. It's a great print. Someone is going to be very happy when they open their tube.

You stay out of this! :lol:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

djsp wrote:
robotoil wrote:I was going to snipe this thing but forgot. It's a great print. Someone is going to be very happy when they open their tube.

I hope Jerry got it. :lol:
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

robotoil wrote:
djsp wrote:

I hope Jerry got it. :lol:

Ha. Let some of the new bucks get a chance. New Shep fans need to learn the wonder of the old print and what they look like in person.
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

Not putting the word "Obey" in the listing obviously decreases the number of views...I never even saw this auction. I would have put down $350 for this had I known.
Cookie Head
Giant

Re:

Post by Cookie Head »

jshea wrote:Not putting the word "Obey" in the listing obviously decreases the number of views...I never even saw this auction. I would have put down $350 for this had I known.

Triple issue here of seller with zero feedback, no obey in the title, and only shipped to US kept this price down. I never saw it or I would have bid higher for sure.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

I was about to grab it, but already have it. Sorry, not to rub it in. But was very surprised this snuck pasded people....and it's non-Tokion too!
JErikR
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

figured this would go for around $600+ easy otherwise as others have said (had we remembered) I would have definitely bid up on this one. . I have the Tokion version that I got for like $80 or so shipped last year (also a steal).
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

I'm guessing our fellow board member noetic got this. Congrats! Love this print.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

destroyeric wrote:I'm guessing our fellow board member noetic got this. Congrats! Love this print.

Ah yes. It does look like that doesn't it. Nice.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Suit is in my top 10.

A cutting and concise visual narrative. Absolutely love it. Nice score Noetic!
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

can't believe I missed this. D@mn work. Congrats Noetic.
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

Thanks guys, I too thought this was going to go for a lot more. I don't have too many prints from this era so I am pretty excited
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

noetic wrote:Thanks guys, I too thought this was going to go for a lot more. I don't have too many prints from this era so I am pretty excited

Kick a$$
toyroom
Giant

Re: New collectors (and old)...seriously (Suit)

Post by toyroom »

djsp wrote:I mean, I get it. Some of you really love the new stuff. The old stuff doesn't appeal. But something like this? Suit
I got shut out becasue I lost my internet connection in an office that I was visiting, so I could not bid again. $307? I just bought a couple of things last week, and shouldn't have even been bidding on this. What is going on? Take a break from War by Numbers. Let the Mujer series rest for a while. Letting stuff from before '00 go for this cheap is a crime. A crime I tells ya! Anyway, just had to get this off my chest. 8)

Out of town or it would've been mine.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I'm starting to wonder if his old stuff is going to decline in popularity/value as his newer stuff gets more popular? It seems like the newer fans love his artier works and don't get/care about the Andre connection. Nice score BTW!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
JackMama
Giant

Re:

Post by JackMama »

DunDun wrote:I'm starting to wonder if his old stuff is going to decline in popularity/value as his newer stuff gets more popular? It seems like the newer fans love his artier works and don't get/care about the Andre connection. Nice score BTW!

I here ya, Andre is def. the allure for me. I get kind of bummed on the inside if there is no andre on the print at all. I was going to bid on this, but i wasn't sure about the seller, and i kind of expected an ebay last 30 seconds war on it and the price to get out of my pre-wedding price range.
This aggression will not stand.
bboygraphix
Giant

Re:

Post by bboygraphix »

same here. i almost cried when i saw how low it went. ...but then again, real men don't cry. :roll:
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Just in relation to 0 feedback bidders and Shep posters. Obviously these people haven't sold posters before and have no idea how to pack them. The last two 0 feedback eBayers I bought from damaged the print that they sent to me by rolling them into the tiny tiny tubes that USPS provides for them. One was from 2003 and one was from 2001 :(
"Opportunities seem more valuable to us when their availability is limited"
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Even if a seller has a lot of feedback, you still gotta verbally gut check with'em to make sure they know how to pack right (e.g. "you're gonna carefully wrap the print in tissue/construction paper, put padding on either end of the tube and put it all in super-strong tube, right?").....
JErikR
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

JErikR wrote:Even if a seller has a lot of feedback, you still gotta verbally gut check with'em to make sure they know how to pack right (e.g. "you're gonna carefully wrap the print in tissue/construction paper, put padding on either end of the tube and put it all in super-strong tube, right?").....

QFT