Damaged poster

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Damaged poster

Post by Xpoc »

My brother bought a movie poster on ebay for around $50 and when he received it, it was packaged in a crappy tube and sure enough, when the tube was openen, it was obvious the poster had damage. He contacted the seller, but he has yet to respond. What would be the next step to take?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

If he doesn't reply within 7 days file a claim with PayPal.
henna
-

Post by henna »

did the auction include insurance? what is the seller's feedback rating percentage? what is their cumulative feedback score?
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

The item is the property of the seller for the entire duration of the shipping process, so if it arrives damaged then it is the full responsibility of the seller to get you an item in the condition that you were expecting, or to give a complete refund of all associated fees--including shipping and taxes. Its not your responsibility to insure the seller's goods in transit.

Demand a replacement or a refund, and file with Paypal. If you used your credit card, initiate a charge back for failure to deliver.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
stickee
Giant

Re:

Post by stickee »

Tad Ghostal wrote:The item is the property of the seller for the entire duration of the shipping process, so if it arrives damaged then it is the full responsibility of the seller to get you an item in the condition that you were expecting, or to give a complete refund of all associated fees--including shipping and taxes. Its not your responsibility to insure the seller's goods in transit.

Demand a replacement or a refund, and file with Paypal. If you used your credit card, initiate a charge back for failure to deliver.

If you have to send it back to him after the paypal claim you are responsible for those costs and it has to be trackable online.
If he is out when it turns up and then takes his time collecting it or does not sign for it within 10 days you do not get a refund and you have lost out on your goods as well. it is also your responsibility if it gets further damage on the way back to him......
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Damaged poster

Post by conartstudio »

Xpoc wrote:My brother bought a movie poster on ebay for around $50 and when he received it, it was packaged in a crappy tube and sure enough, when the tube was openen, it was obvious the poster had damage. He contacted the seller, but he has yet to respond. What would be the next step to take?

make sure all of your communication is done through ebay or paypal so there's a record of it in their system
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Xpoc »

He just contacted him back saying to send the poster back for a refund. My bro said he was going to, but he usually takes a while to do anything. Oh well, if he waits too long, it's his loss. I'm tired of babysitting, lol. Thanks for all the tips though, I'll pass them on to him.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

Xpoc wrote:He just contacted him back saying to send the poster back for a refund. My bro said he was going to, but he usually takes a while to do anything. Oh well, if he waits too long, it's his loss. I'm tired of babysitting, lol. Thanks for all the tips though, I'll pass them on to him.

I know. I'm forever babysitting my little brother! :P
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
Xpoc
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Xpoc »

Typhoon wrote:
Xpoc wrote:He just contacted him back saying to send the poster back for a refund. My bro said he was going to, but he usually takes a while to do anything. Oh well, if he waits too long, it's his loss. I'm tired of babysitting, lol. Thanks for all the tips though, I'll pass them on to him.

I know. I'm forever babysitting my little brother! :P

Haha, he's my older brother. ;)
-Albert Einstein