I HAD HOPE that my OBAMA would make it through UPS:*(

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Rebelate
Swindler

I HAD HOPE that my OBAMA would make it through UPS:*(

Post by Rebelate »

I got my OBAMA HOPE today and this is what I see....:*(

Since the Print was so tightly wound there is damage that starts from the top right section of OBAMA's head down to his chin and all the way down through the letter P. From the top edge to the bottom. :cry: Needless to say I'm going to go through the claim process now. I HOPE I can get another one, and I kind of do have a little hope because when I was trying to buy this print I was waiting for the last purchase confirmation page to show(where it sends you the conf email)...well the page stopped loading, and naturally I pressed F5, little to my knowledge I got two confirmations from OBEY(guess it went through twice). I only got one print of course, however I'm hoping that the print from that mistaken canceled order is still hanging out somewhere at the studio? I can only HOPE! :|

Last edited by Rebelate on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Do not return it.
Rebelate
Swindler

Re:

Post by Rebelate »

robotoil wrote:Do not return it.

Yeah it did occur to me that they probably do not have a replacement due to the popularity of the print. But what I did was I sent OG an email asking if they had a replacement by any chance before I make a claim. If they respond saying that they don't have any replacements then I wont make the claim i guess. Man it's just horrible when you spend so much time trying to get the print then UPS frankfurter you over. Very very disappointing.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

You can at least get your money back. File a claim by calling UPS and OG should be able to give you money back and MAYBE a replacement (maybe not though).
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Re: I HAD HOPE that my OBAMA would make it through UPS:*(

Post by tlh1005 »

Sorry to hear about the damages. I have a question, it seems like there are a large amount of people reporting damage to their Progress and/or Hope prints. Is this common? I have never receive a print direct from Obey and or via UPS, only FedEx and USPS. I've never had a problem out of those two. Anyway, after seeing so many damaged prints I am beginning to worry about what shape mine will be in when it arrives. I guess I might have to wonder about the soon to be shipped Mac Hope print as well.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

Obey packaging is somewhat suspect. There are countless threads mourning the UPS smashed print. Just keep your fingers crossed.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

Autodactyl wrote:You can at least get your money back. File a claim by calling UPS and OG should be able to give you money back and MAYBE a replacement (maybe not though).

It's worth more on eBay. I'd be glad to get that at cost with shipping x 2. Deal.
Bamboozle
Posse

Post by Bamboozle »

same thing happened to me with progress print. and I asked them the same thing, and also asked about whether
obey would improve on their vehicle that the art sits in.. as a preventive measure againts sending prints back and forth, claiming, and amount of time involved but got no reply to that. I'd rather pay more on shipping and have it secure. makes me angry to see a broken print and knowing that it could've totally been prevented from the start...
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Its awful the way Obey treat there prints when they send them out. The tubes are "squishy". Now i tried sqeezing the Yazoo tube my TStout prints came in and its solid. Please OG, Sort it out.
guyute73
Posse

Re: I HAD HOPE that my OBAMA would make it through UPS:*(

Post by guyute73 »

Bamboozle wrote: I'd rather pay more on shipping and have it secure.

Seems they already overcharge for shipping, at the prices they are charging they could ship it with USPS priority mail and they would arrive in half the time, which would translate to less time in transit and less time to get damaged. But no one has ever said Obey does much that makes a lot of sense! But with all that said, they are good about replacing damaged prints, well when they have them available that is.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by Autodactyl »

robotoil wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:You can at least get your money back. File a claim by calling UPS and OG should be able to give you money back and MAYBE a replacement (maybe not though).

It's worth more on eBay. I'd be glad to get that at cost with shipping x 2. Deal.

Yeah, but when I've filed a claim, they just gave me money. I kept the print.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

Autodactyl wrote:
robotoil wrote:

Yeah, but when I've filed a claim, they just gave me money. I kept the print.

UPS will come by to pick the damaged prints up about a third of the time, in my experience.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.