Flipping and Obama Progress Print

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
deem
Posse

Flipping and Obama Progress Print

Post by deem »

hey everyone, I have been looking at the wanted section and a lot of people are looking to buy the Obama PROGRESS print. I was just wondering, is it still considered "flipping" if someone on here went and sold to other forum members? I just thought it was an interesting point to consider.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Just sell it if you want. Everything is considered flipping, and nothing is considered flipping. We are far from having a consensus on stuff like this.
deem
Posse

Post by deem »

thanks for the reply, but I'm hoping I can afford to frame mine and keep it. I thought it'd be an interesting discussion but good point, the discussion is pretty played out.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

It's cool if you hook someone up for below market value.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

Autodactyl wrote:It's cool if you hook someone up for below market value.

Why is that cool, and selling it for market not? Either way that is flipping. If it gives you a profit it is flipping is it not?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

this is an expensive habit! so whotf cares?
on point like a decimalist?
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: Flipping and Obama Progress Print

Post by extremeimages77 »

as long as it isnt stolen or meant for other purposes and you own it i say sell it when and where you want...
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Once you own it. It's yours to do with how you like. If you feel good giving someone a deal, that's cool. If you feel like keeping the full profit, that's cool too.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

robotoil wrote:Once you own it. It's yours to do with how you like. If you feel good giving someone a deal, that's cool. If you feel like keeping the full profit, that's cool too.

Sure. Just don't forget OG is free to ban people, too. So if one is cool, the other must be as well.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
robotoil
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by robotoil »

admonkey wrote:
robotoil wrote:Once you own it. It's yours to do with how you like. If you feel good giving someone a deal, that's cool. If you feel like keeping the full profit, that's cool too.

Sure. Just don't forget OG is free to ban people, too. So if one is cool, the other must be as well.

Sure. I thought that went without saying.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

djsp wrote:

Why is that cool, and selling it for market not? Either way that is flipping. If it gives you a profit it is flipping is it not?

You're right. It wasn't cool when someone hooked me up with Progress for $150. :roll:
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

admonkey wrote:

Im sure Obey wouldnt ban you from flipping one print! More so if you sold it on ebay without having it in hand! It's been a while since that's been released anyway! People sell them for different reasons, eg. your flippers just thinking about profit, your opinion changes when it turns up whether you want to hang it on your wall because off size, colour etc! You might not be able to afford to frame it, the wife or girlfriend tells you "that aint going up on our walls!!"
Etc, etc, etc!
I think Obey would only ban you if you made a habit of it or flipped without it in hand, so personally i woiuld'nt worry about it!
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

I dunno Slidingaround. After I was banned for bad behavior (Peace Bomber debacle), I am minding my P's n' Q's.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

Autodactyl wrote:
djsp wrote:

You're right. It wasn't cool when someone hooked me up with Progress for $150. :roll:

No offense Autodactyl, glad you are happy, but if you are going to condemn people for flipping, call a spade a spade. The seller you bought from made money. That is flipping. Once again, my position is that I don't care what people do with their prints, that is their deal. Once they own it, they have the right to sell it. However, just because one person makes more money flipping than another one does, it doesn't make them any different.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

rhombus_77 wrote:I dunno Slidingaround. After I was banned for bad behavior (Peace Bomber debacle), I am minding my P's n' Q's.

there was a specific reason behind that banning.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

fribhey wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:I dunno Slidingaround. After I was banned for bad behavior (Peace Bomber debacle), I am minding my P's n' Q's.

there was a specific reason behind that banning.

I know, but I am still playing like a good boy.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

i find it funny how everyone is getting their panties all in a bunch for people "flipping" their obama prints yet nobody is complaining about people flipping any other newer prints that are flooded on ebay right now: Vote, Peace Bombers, POW, kiss me deadly, LA Philharmonic, etc, etc, etc.

who cares who is selling what. if you have something that you legally own and want to sell it then sell it. why in god's name do you people care so much about this? not only did shepard help build the supply and demand for his but we as the fans did as well. "flipping" will never go away and unfortunately neither will the crying about it.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

I don't care so much as want people to recognize that: 1) you can get banned and, 2) if you do get banned, you shouldn't b^tch and moan about it; you went into it with eyes wide open. Deal with it.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

djsp wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:
djsp wrote:

No offense Autodactyl, glad you are happy, but if you are going to condemn people for flipping, call a spade a spade. The seller you bought from made money. That is flipping. Once again, my position is that I don't care what people do with their prints, that is their deal. Once they own it, they have the right to sell it. However, just because one person makes more money flipping than another one does, it doesn't make them any different.

Where did I even mention the word flipper? I said it was cool that someone hooked me up for a good price. You say you don't care, but you won't shut up about it.

Man, you are irritating. This'll be my last post in this thread.
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by sessone »

fribhey wrote:i find it funny how everyone is getting their panties all in a bunch for people "flipping" their obama prints yet nobody is complaining about people flipping any other newer prints that are flooded on ebay right now: Vote, Peace Bombers, POW, kiss me deadly, LA Philharmonic, etc, etc, etc.

ahh, thanks for reminding me to flip my VOTE print...forgot about that one...
cause i wreck when i tangle...
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Autodactyl wrote:
Where did I even mention the word flipper? I said it was cool that someone hooked me up for a good price. You say you don't care, but you won't shut up about it.

Man, you are irritating. This'll be my last post in this thread.

durn dude. Angry much? I'll probably get warned for this or something, but whatever. You called out extremeimages77 in the other thread. I thought it was a lame thing to do, and then you came on this thread and said it was OK to sell to a member at a good price, so I spoke up because that made no sense to me considering your previous outrage. And then you call someone a "flipper sympathizer" on the other thread. WTF? Members don't need to be called out on this board. It's not like these people are breaking any rules here. All of us are entitled to say what we want on here within the confines of the rules.

But really I am sorry it is irritating to you when I bring up counterpoints to your random statements. :roll:

On a side note....

Hooray, my first board fight!!!! I am officially a loser now. Look away...I am a monster!!! :lol:
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

Last last post in this thread. It is my opinion (you do not have to agree -- it's obvious you don't) that there is a difference between selling something for top-dollar and selling for a good price. If you want to call both those people flippers, by all means. Makes no difference to me.

So in conclusion, in my view, the two instances you noted ("I spoke up because that made no sense to me") make perfect sense.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Fair enough man. You are totally entitled to your opinion, just like I am to mine. That's the point of this place. We don't gots to fight. I'm over it.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

Good to hear.