ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
ipath2003
Swindler

Post by ipath2003 »

So he bought for 66.00 + shipping then sold for $71.00 +13.00 shipping. What a wicked waste of time.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

ipath2003 wrote:So he bought for 66.00 + shipping then sold for $71.00 +13.00 shipping. What a wicked waste of time.

What was the shipping on the original sale?
funkley
Punk

Re: ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

Post by funkley »

I paid $13 shipping on the first sale also. I'm happy that someone else will enjoy the print. Seriously, this started out with me just asking a question, then realizing I was wrong & admitting to it - next thing I know I'm being trashed and portrayed as some A hole. I swear a few of you here are living caricatures right out of a Obey print. Not a great return on my money - about 9%....but its been a lot of fun!
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

funkley wrote:I paid $13 shipping on the first sale also. I'm happy that someone else will enjoy the print. Seriously, this started out with me just asking a question, then realizing I was wrong & admitting to it - next thing I know I'm being trashed and portrayed as some A hole. I swear a few of you here are living caricatures right out of a Obey print. Not a great return on my money - about 9%....but its been a lot of fun!

I agree that it may have been blown out of proportion but it was kinda dumb to infer that the print was fake when if you have ever seen an Obey print before you would have known it was not. :wink:
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

funkley wrote:I paid $13 shipping on the first sale also. I'm happy that someone else will enjoy the print. Seriously, this started out with me just asking a question, then realizing I was wrong & admitting to it - next thing I know I'm being trashed and portrayed as some A hole. I swear a few of you here are living caricatures right out of a Obey print. Not a great return on my money - about 9%....but its been a lot of fun!

Just asking a question? You totally put me on blast, holmes.

Dear messcon5,

got the print today. Im afraid its a fake. Just a large photocopy. I own a large print shop and collect obey art, so for me it was apparent right away. How would you like to handle this?

- funkley

You came off as a TOTAL jerk!!!!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

now they will call you a flipper...only adds to the problem :lol:
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Stone Age »

Stone Age wrote:What a moron.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Re:

Post by McKenna »

ipath2003 wrote:So he bought for 66.00 + shipping then sold for $71.00 +13.00 shipping. What a wicked waste of time.

Yeah, then he has to pay eBay listing fees, eBay selling fees and Paypal fees, so he probably just about breaks even.
"Opportunities seem more valuable to us when their availability is limited"