ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

jwaddle wrote:
MrMurk wrote:
jwaddle wrote:Deal with a reputable art dealer. :roll:

ahahahahaa. ahaha. Right after you insult him Im sure he will come on over...ahaha. ha. haa.
:lol: MrMurk is always lurking, ready to strike. On a thread that is all about e-bay problems, I say "Deal with a reputable art dealer" and he sees an opening and ZAP! he got me. Great aim Murky. You struck another blow against logic. I didn't say buy from me I said deal with a reputable art dealer. It would be interesting to know what you read instead of what I wrote. Your prejudices are showing. You saw an insult where none existed. It's always easier to hide behind your anonymity when attacking someone. Well you real identity has been exposed http://www.duckywaddles.com/Scripts/pro ... oduct=1169 :lol:

ahahahahaha. This gets better with every click. Nothing was wrong in this thread till you came in here and made a snarky comment. Actually, something pretty cool happened in this thread considering the problem was solved. Its blatantly obvious you were refering to your own business when you mentioned "buying from a reputable art dealer". Which is actually ok, its just ironic how in the other thread you slammed your customer who asked a harmless question. Did you ever consider everybody who comes on here does not know who you are? At least you have your reputation to back you up. :roll:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

But there was nothing wrong with the print. I think you are assuming that had the print come from an established art dealer there would have been no questions asked. Clearly the buyer was surprised by the pixelation. Questions would have been asked in any event. It's not as if fakes haven't ever unwittingly passed through reputable art dealers before. Only educating the buyer before the purchase would have helped. And, it is not always possible to qualify the buyers knowledge prior to the sale. Sometimes questions are inevitable.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

snarko TO THE MAX!

save the rolling eyes for when you're positive you want to sound like a d o u c h e and perhaps your comments won't sound so harsh.
on point like a decimalist?
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

Post by Patillac13 »

funkley wrote:Heres a small sample scan: Image

I'm not trying to be a wiener, but why would you post a low res scan when trying to show the bad quality of the print, your example is full of compression artifacts. It's pretty tough to tell how bad it really is from your example.

But, who am I to talk, I thought the print in question has silver ink on it until now :lol: (I don't own this print, and have never seen it up close, but someone took photos of their gold version, and it looked pretty good, the edges weren't as sharp as usual for Obey screenprints, from what I've seen, though).
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

Hey, I only called it selver b/c that's what the print was listed as from OG. The silver is in reference to it being the "second place prize" seeing as the other version was the "gold" version.

yes, it was resolved. Was it frustrating? Yes. I came over here to ye good ole giant for some moral support and ideas on what to do. Your original inquiry was pretty damning, no?

and Jerry, thanks for calling me out on having a giant photo copier! garbage, maybe I should just start photocopying the sticker packs and selling those since they have such a potential for making millions, just like this print. So go on and get off your high horse and get outta this thread.
stinkypete
Giant

Re:

Post by stinkypete »

messboogs wrote:Hey, I only called it selver b/c that's what the print was listed as from OG. The silver is in reference to it being the "second place prize" seeing as the other version was the "gold" version.

yes, it was resolved. Was it frustrating? Yes. I came over here to ye good ole giant for some moral support and ideas on what to do. Your original inquiry was pretty damning, no?

and Jerry, thanks for calling me out on having a giant photo copier! garbage, maybe I should just start photocopying the sticker packs and selling those since they have such a potential for making millions, just like this print. So go on and get off your high horse and get outta this thread.

don't forget friends and foes feature( jwaddle can easlity disapear if you find him too irritating)
glad you've felt supported here MB

This post was made by jwaddle who is currently on your ignore list.
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
henna
-

Post by henna »

stinkypete wrote:
don't forget friends and foes feature( jwaddle can easlity disapear if you find him too irritating)

God Bless America, thanks for the reminder!
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

henna wrote:
stinkypete wrote:

i used to wonder what the hell he was whining about when i first came on here and he posted that he was leaving the board.

well... garbage in, garbage out dude.
on point like a decimalist?
funkley
Punk

Post by funkley »

The pixalation that shows on the curves is how it looks in person. It surprised me considering the many prints that Obey has done before that were very high quality. Anyways 2nite im listing it on ebay....and saving up for the Print and Destroy poster - it'll look nice in the lobby!
jwaddle
Posse

Re:

Post by jwaddle »

messboogs wrote: ...and Jerry, thanks for calling me out on having a giant photo copier! garbage,

I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't say anything about you copying a print or having a photocopier. :? Please send me your reference. As I said earlier, I am often misquoted, misunderstood and misinterpretred.
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

stinkypete wrote:
messboogs wrote:Hey, I only called it selver b/c that's what the print was listed as from OG. The silver is in reference to it being the "second place prize" seeing as the other version was the "gold" version.

There is nothing here that I posted :?
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

henna wrote:
stinkypete wrote:

There's nothing here that I posted :?
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

I find it extremely interesting that in all of the vitriol directed towards me, no one has claimed that anything I said was untrue. The primary objection seems to be the way I choose to communicate. If this is the case then I have been joined in that failure by the majority of members posting in response. It has just been reduced to name calling and misquoting and claiming that I said things that I never said. This is what I have come to expect from the members of this forum that are the most vociferous. The most important thing for them is to post. It doesn't have to be well thought out or true. Their number of posts seems to determine their virility. Well, I admit it, you are definately virile.

It is really unfortunate a little valid criticism generates such hatred. I still stand by my original comment that the buyer should have contacted me prior to airing their grievance in the forum. He has acknowledged this to me and has apologized. This experience also proves that my monitoring this forum for unjust treatment of me and my business was justified. That more than anything else makes me sad. :cry: I hope Adam and the people on the forum that continue to support me, view this with as much distress as I do. I have received numerous messages of support in PM's and e-mails to my store e-mail address. This far outweighs the venom.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

Try not to take it to heart Jerry, this is an internet forum and people will flame people.
At the same time I understand you have a business rep to uphold
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I really want to read Jerry's rebuttal(s) but i can't pull myself to unblock all four posts. If anyone actually reads them and one of them is really worth quoting we'd all appreciate it. thx.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

DunDun wrote:I really want to read Jerry's rebuttal(s) but i can't pull myself to unblock all four posts. If anyone actually reads them and one of them is really worth quoting we'd all appreciate it. thx.

I took another members advice and blocked him. Ahhhh life is so much simpler on here now.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

jwaddle wrote:I find it extremely interesting that in all of the vitriol directed towards me, no one has claimed that anything I said was untrue. The primary objection seems to be the way I choose to communicate. If this is the case then I have been joined in that failure by the majority of members posting in response. It has just been reduced to name calling and misquoting and claiming that I said things that I never said. This is what I have come to expect from the members of this forum that are the most vociferous. The most important thing for them is to post. It doesn't have to be well thought out or true. Their number of posts seems to determine their virility. Well, I admit it, you are definately virile.

It is really unfortunate a little valid criticism generates such hatred. I still stand by my original comment that the buyer should have contacted me prior to airing their grievance in the forum. He has acknowledged this to me and has apologized. This experience also proves that my monitoring this forum for unjust treatment of me and my business was justified. That more than anything else makes me sad. :cry: I hope Adam and the people on the forum that continue to support me, view this with as much distress as I do. I have received numerous messages of support in PM's and e-mails to my store e-mail address. This far outweighs the venom.

i value your input here but it seems you got a little deffensive about a simple question...dude really asked a good question about ap which something i to had questioned at my early dealings with prints...to me it seems you were a little harsh on the newbie and a few other members came to his defense..if you were a little nicer to the guy you might of made a lifelong customer...and avoided all the bs
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

extremeimages77 wrote:
jwaddle wrote:I find it extremely interesting that in all of the vitriol directed towards me, no one has claimed that anything I said was untrue. The primary objection seems to be the way I choose to communicate. If this is the case then I have been joined in that failure by the majority of members posting in response. It has just been reduced to name calling and misquoting and claiming that I said things that I never said. This is what I have come to expect from the members of this forum that are the most vociferous. The most important thing for them is to post. It doesn't have to be well thought out or true. Their number of posts seems to determine their virility. Well, I admit it, you are definately virile.

i value your input here but it seems you got a little deffensive about a simple question...dude really asked a good question about ap which something i to had questioned at my early dealings with prints...to me it seems you were a little harsh on the newbie and a few other members came to his defense..if you were a little nicer to the guy you might of made a lifelong customer...and avoided all the bs

sorry to quote myself but before you go crazy i was referring to where this all started in the other thread about ap or #
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Agreed, everyone starts somewhere! It's the kind of pretentious attitude that jwaddle gives off on here that is uncalled for especially to new members or collectors! It will only be him that looses out in the long run!
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

jwaddle wrote:
messboogs wrote: ...and Jerry, thanks for calling me out on having a giant photo copier! garbage,

I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't say anything about you copying a print or having a photocopier. :? Please send me your reference. As I said earlier, I am often misquoted, misunderstood and misinterpretred.

nah, it was your "Buy From a Reputable Art Dealer" comment. Seriously - Your print is listed exactly how mine was, and I'm sure yours looks exactly how mine (now Funkley's) does and I'm sure dude woulda had the same issues with the print he would get from you. So how did that comment add anything to this conversation? you basically just buried anybody that sells a print here, ebay or outside of a reputable art dealer.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

messboogs wrote:
jwaddle wrote:

nah, it was your "Buy From a Reputable Art Dealer" comment. Seriously - Your print is listed exactly how mine was, and I'm sure yours looks exactly how mine (now Funkley's) does and I'm sure dude woulda had the same issues with the print he would get from you. So how did that comment add anything to this conversation? you basically just buried anybody that sells a print here, ebay or outside of a reputable art dealer.

very true. let your past transactions and attitude tell your character. Plenty of DB art gallery owners out there. Hell the are all over the place! (I am NOT reffering to jwaddle, I have never purchased from him or had a prob ever)
IG - ATXjeweler
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

jwaddle wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Hey Jerry, are you Baxter? :?

Both your confusion and your humor elude me. Can I write that off because yours was strictly an ego post that was made in a poor attempt to be amusing and relevant or are you able to explain your confusion and justify your relevance. You needn't explain your poor attempt at humor. It is already obvious because no one is laughing. If I have been correctly informed, Baxterpop left this forum because he was asked to leave. Perhaps you would like to start one of your infamous, usually meaningless but occasionally entertaining polls about wheather I should remain a member of this forum. If your poll is against me then I will leave. My posts are routinely misunderstood, misquoted and misinterpreted anyway so I am usually just wasting my time. By the way, are you a ventriloquist's dummy for Murkey or can he answer for himself. I don't require that he speak without moving his lips but it would help if his brain was engaged and that is often a problem for him. There have been several private comments to me in the past that he is not exactly the most appreciated member of this forum. Perhaps you should initiate a poll on both of us.

1. Humor, relevance, and confusion:
I compared you to Baxter by asking if you were him because, ever since you started posting on this forum again you have been p1ss1ng people off left and right with almost every post. More than once, the site owner had to step in and tell you to cool it and stop being a D-Wadd. That type of behavior seems very Baxteresque. Also Baxter himself recently changed his eBay name to jwaddlerulez or something like that. Since you are the only one who thinks you "rule" I thought it would be funny to draw the correlation.
That is why I asked if you were Baxter. If you don't find humor in that, I'm sorry you have no, or a very out-dated, sense of humor. If you are confused, again, I am sorry.

2. I am glad that you found some humor in whatever poll I started. However, I don't remember what you are referring to. If you can post a link to this poll I will review it and get back to you for futher discussion on whether it is infamous or meaningless.

3. This post had nothing to do with Mr. Murk, only with you. That is why I addressed you directly. I don't know Mr. Murk, I'm not on his payroll, and he hasn't given me any direction on any topic. If you are concerned about what he's up to, take it up with him.

4. If people keep misunderstanding you and misinterpreting you, then you need to do something different. Try smiling when you are typing :D , it really works. Right now, it seems that most people think you are just alot of noise. Another Baxter parallel.
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

you mean like this reputable art dealer?
viewtopic.php?t=1745&start=0

not only will you get an authentic print but as a bonus you will also have your credit card stolen.

please, get over yourself.
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

There have been hundreds of posts on this forum concerning e-bays sellers, their lies, distortions and manipulations and my comment was a reference to them all and if you need the reference just look at the title of this thread. I have never ripped off anyone or stolen anyone's credit card. The comment made about buying from a reputable dealer was made well into the third page of this discussion and and was an honest and forthright statement and yet it generated so much hate. I do not follow the exploits of Baxterpop so you folks would be the experts where he is concerned and reference to him will just go over my head, hence the confusion. I was also a victim of his reprehensible behavior that is why I left the forum to begin with but I was vindicated when he was banned. I have made many posts with smiles and only react in what is perceived to be a negative manner when my honesty or character is maligned and unfortunately there are members of this forum that never miss an opportunity to do just that. I can't call their motives into question because I don't have any idea what their motives are. I quite often see posts from members that really should not be posting on a particular thread because they really don't have anything original or relevant to say on the subject but because it is an open forum they have the right display their ignorance for all to see. There are members here that have purchased prints on e-bay that arrived damaged and then they bought the same print from me and then tried to return their damaged print to be to be refunded or replaced by me. I make a digital record of every print I sell to prevent fraud. I have said here in the past that as far as e-bay is concerned, it's a jungle out there and the buyer should beware. This is the reason I said "buy from a reputable dealer' I have received your punishment and learned from my error. I will not make that mistake again. Woe to those that cross swords with the experts on obeygiant.org. I have a long list of satisfied customers and many are members here and have expressed their support for me in PM"s and e-mail messages to me at my store. A few have mentioned that they hesitate to post public support for me because they are afraid they will be the subject of the same type of venom that I continue to receive and that deserves a :cry: not a :) I welcome purchases from members here but they are a very small portion of my business so If the flaming rhetoric by the haters affect that small percentage I might not notice. Also because all of you are anonymous and I am a known entity I may very well be selling to the same people that are spewing the venom. So be it, hypocrisy is not new on the agenda here either and their money is as good as anyone else. Their own selfish interests obviously trump their hatred of me. I am not casting aspersions on members of this forum that buy and sell on e-bay. Each to their own. I sometimes buy on e-bay and have purchased two fakes or reproductions there and in both instances I warned the members of this forum. I rarely sell on e-bay but when I do there is absolutely no question about the quality of the item put up for sale. There is always full disclosure. I am an easy target. You all know who I am and where I live so I must resign myself to that reality. The target will remain on my back so continue to fire away. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Where's the love?

Can't you guys just agree to disagree?
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy