ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

Post by messboogs »

I just sold a World Police State Champs silver to ebay user named funkley: http://myworld.ebay.com/funkley

He receives the print today and messages me:
got the print today. Im afraid its a fake. Just a large photocopy. I own a large print shop and collect obey art, so for me it was apparent right away. How would you like to handle this?

- funkley

WTF is this about?!?!?! Anybody ever dealt with this guy before?
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

oh man...if indeed it is not a fake, send him your paypal receipt or something. (And then call him an assh0le)
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Never trust a pirate.

Seriously, that's ridiculous, did you buy it off Obey's site at release?
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Re: ebay user Funkley claiming print is fake

Post by messboogs »

Order #2977 @ 3:14PM EDT on 5/29/07 straight from OG.com.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Had to deal with a similar situation but with a durn t-shirt, dude received and said it was a fake and I originally got the shirt straight from the owner of the company.

Sorry you have to deal with this sort of shite.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Tell him if he believes it is a fake to send it back for a refund (minus shipping) you both call it even and never do business with him again...
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

dirtyd0369 wrote:Tell him if he believes it is a fake to send it back for a refund (minus shipping) you both call it even and never do business with him again...
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Whatever with that. First I have yet to see a fake Obey print (knock on wood). Second, why would you counterfeit World police, just saying. Third, I looked at the auction, that print looks legit to me. If you sent him what is in that picture, it is totally legit. I think he should reevaluate his "large print shop" experience and his "obey collection" as a whole. A screen print looks nothing like a photocopy.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by messboogs »

djsp wrote:Whatever with that. First I have yet to see a fake Obey print (knock on wood). Second, why would you counterfeit World police, just saying. Third, I looked at the auction, that print looks legit to me. If you sent him what is in that picture, it is totally legit. I think he should reevaluate his "large print shop" experience and his "obey collection" as a whole. A screen print looks nothing like a photocopy.

Def the print that was in the pictures.

I don't have the time, resources or artistic talent to make a fake and then perfectly forge a signature. I can barely write my own name!!!!

And you're right! Why counterfeit World Police! It's not a knock 'em down gotta have it image...
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by byrnexxx »

dirtyd0369 wrote:Tell him if he believes it is a fake to send it back for a refund (minus shipping) you both call it even and never do business with him again...

That's really smeared that he would claim it to be a fake print. Email him a copy of your Obey confirmation proving it's not fake.

Or just go with the refund minus shipping method. you lose the fees but you might be able to claim them back via ebay somehow (never had this happen to me before).
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Make sure if you have him send it back he doesn't send you a fake and keep your legit one, maybe he's running a scam or something. Sending him your confirmation would only prove that you bought one, not that you shipped a real one. Bummer no matter what happens, it's becoming harder for me to trust people every day when I hear about BS like this. So what happens if he sends you back a photocopy and claims that's what he got from you?!

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by messboogs »

Patillac13 wrote:Make sure if you have him send it back he doesn't send you a fake and keep your legit one, maybe he's running a scam or something. Sending him your confirmation would only prove that you bought one, not that you shipped a real one. Bummer no matter what happens, it's becoming harder for me to trust people every day when I hear about BS like this. So what happens if he sends you back a photocopy and claims that's what he got from you?!

True, he's already given me probably cause:
I own a large print shop and collect obey art, so for me it was apparent right away.

I don't have the most feedback on ebay, could just be trying to take advantage.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

why dont you tell him about this site and have him try and talk his crepe here...we can all set his azz strait
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

I don't have any selling feedback on eBay, and barely any buying feedback, either. That'd be cold if he's just pushing you around! Even if he has a shiesty print shop, he could make an OK bootleg easily if he has your legit copy to work with.

I'd maybe message him back and tell him straight up that you bought it and received it straight from the Obey website and there's no way the print you sent him is a fake, then see what he says back, how much time do you have? Does eBay have a time limit to work out issues with people before he can contact eBay to get the upper hand? Maybe you should contact eBay right away to tell them you think you're getting jerked around. I'm not sure what I'd do if I was in your shoes.

Whatever happens, I hope you get treated fairly in the end!

dirtyd0369
Giant

Re:

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Good Point... People are shady. In other news I have a bridge in New York I am trying to sell...

Patillac13 wrote:Make sure if you have him send it back he doesn't send you a fake and keep your legit one, maybe he's running a scam or something. Sending him your confirmation would only prove that you bought one, not that you shipped a real one. Bummer no matter what happens, it's becoming harder for me to trust people every day when I hear about BS like this. So what happens if he sends you back a photocopy and claims that's what he got from you?!
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

"I have to admit under a scope its hard to tell."

already gave him the bought straight from obey biz. Waiting to hear more back...
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Ask him what kind of printer he has in his print shop that will print silver ink...

djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

messboogs wrote:"I have to admit under a scope its hard to tell."

already gave him the bought straight from obey biz. Waiting to hear more back...

Dude what is this guy talking about? durn Pirates! Also, word to the wise, never leave feedback until the buyer has left you feed back. People are douchebags.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

robotoil wrote:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Makes me think we should compile a list of idiots to ban from eBay sales... :twisted:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

admonkey wrote:Makes me think we should compile a list of idiots to ban from eBay sales... :twisted:

#1: funkley

(there, I started one :) )

nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

extremeimages77 wrote:why dont you tell him about this site and have him try and talk his crepe here...we can all set his azz strait

Please don't. Doesn't sound like someone we would enjoy having around.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

nixon451 wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:why dont you tell him about this site and have him try and talk his crepe here...we can all set his azz strait

Please don't. Doesn't sound like someone we would enjoy having around.

wasn't planning on it.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Tell him to f*ck off and keep your money... or have him ship it back.
Don't refund him until you get your print though.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by messboogs »

PDC wrote:Tell him to f*ck off and keep your money... or have him ship it back.
Don't refund him until you get your print though.

there's no way he would get a refund until I had the print in hand and could verify that it was the same one I sent.

I'm still intent on telling him to swallow one after he's done "doing more investigating"