Ebay/Flipper Confessions

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Abrogate
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Abrogate »

Shepard sums it up pretty well on OG. though I cant seem to find the page now.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
theBrain
Giant

Re:

Post by theBrain »

admonkey wrote:Hail Bob!
I've been thinking for some time that it would be great for Shep to make a "Bob" print, or anyone for that matter. I have the cheapo xerox copy they give you with the membership packet, but a limited edition run on nice paper would rock!
boscotech
Swindler

Post by boscotech »

Flipper is someone who buys it to sell, does not collect to collect but only to make money. A collector is someone who buys to keep, but sometimes they don't like it or want to get rid of it to buy other things. There is no time frame if your main intention is to make money off of it then your a flipper.
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

zanzi123 wrote:whats the difference between buying a print and flipping, or keeping it then selling it? The "real fans" thing is BULLSH!T. Yeah, you missed out on a print and someone else got it, so what! Get over flipping, do you really want to get mad over somebody else selling a screenprint which they got by legitimate means?
I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or just ignorant, and for you newjacks here are some links to shepard talking about flippers

http://obeygiant.com/headlines/obey-has-a-response" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://obeygiant.com/headlines/war-prof ... bay-market" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

theBrain wrote:
admonkey wrote:Hail Bob!
I've been thinking for some time that it would be great for Shep to make a "Bob" print, or anyone for that matter. I have the cheapo xerox copy they give you with the membership packet, but a limited edition run on nice paper would rock!
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
theBrain
Giant

Re: Ebay/Flipper Confessions

Post by theBrain »

that is a good one, but i wish it was bob was the main focus. :D :D
hjhmsp4life
Posse

Re:

Post by hjhmsp4life »

noverflow wrote:I just want to say. I dont care about flippers, floppers or anything like that.

All i want is that people be honest. Sell prints you have in hand only. Dont tell me it is mint or NM when it has an FING coffee stain on the back (yes, did happen to me).
Don't tell me the print in question was a castro ruby one because the same thing happened to me with that print a while back.
The medium is the message
My Collection http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=81
Abrogate
Giant

Re:

Post by Abrogate »

boscotech wrote:Flipper is someone who buys it to sell, does not collect to collect but only to make money. A collector is someone who buys to keep, but sometimes they don't like it or want to get rid of it to buy other things. There is no time frame if your main intention is to make money off of it then your a flipper.
a well put clarification
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

noetic wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:whats the difference between buying a print and flipping, or keeping it then selling it? The "real fans" thing is BULLSH!T. Yeah, you missed out on a print and someone else got it, so what! Get over flipping, do you really want to get mad over somebody else selling a screenprint which they got by legitimate means?
I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or just ignorant, and for you newjacks here are some links to shepard talking about flippers

http://obeygiant.com/headlines/obey-has-a-response" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://obeygiant.com/headlines/war-prof ... bay-market" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
there we go. I hadnt seen that particular page yet, even better than the Shepard's other response.
Couldnt put it better than the artist himself!
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

hjhmsp4life wrote:
noverflow wrote:I just want to say. I dont care about flippers, floppers or anything like that.

All i want is that people be honest. Sell prints you have in hand only. Dont tell me it is mint or NM when it has an FING coffee stain on the back (yes, did happen to me).
Don't tell me the print in question was a castro ruby one because the same thing happened to me with that print a while back.
no, it wasn't castro ruby. my guess is lenin, as that is the most f'ed up print that adam and i own.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.