Ebay/Flipper Confessions

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

jwaddle wrote:This is not a confessional. We can't forgive your sins.

actually, i'm an ordained minister. i CAN absolve dirtyd0369 of his sins. all the way back to pre-conception. consider yourself a clean slate mang.

anyone getting married and need an officiant?
on point like a decimalist?
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

whyhoo wrote:

actually, i'm an ordained minister. i CAN absolve dirtyd0369 of his sins. all the way back to pre-conception. consider yourself a clean slate mang.

can i get married to a print??
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Re:

Post by whyhoo »

extremeimages77 wrote:
whyhoo wrote:

can i get married to a print??

only on paper.
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Ebay/Flipper Confessions

Post by C.Morrison »

I read this whole thread...what a waste of time.

Who cares about any of this? At least you guys are pretty good writers, thats the only thing that held my interest.

This holier than thou attitude is a real downer. give Dirtyd a break, at least he is man enough to own up. complete lack of integrity? give me a break.

I have an Obama paster I'm willing to sell. Anyone want to fork over some cash? no low ball offers as i am only willing to take the highest of the high amounts. And don't worry, i won't be contributing any of the money to his already wasteful and overly wealthy campaign.

I'm only half kidding.
Last edited by C.Morrison on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Re:

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Woot! I will finally be able to sleep at night. BTW I am getting married this year..

whyhoo wrote:

whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

dirtyd0369 wrote:Woot! I will finally be able to sleep at night. BTW I am getting married this year..

wouldn't it suck if i told you my dog ate your marriage certificate?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

C.Morrison wrote:I read this whole thread...what a waste of time.

Who cares about any of this? At least you guys are pretty good writers, thats the only thing that held my interest.

This holier than thou attitude is a real downer. give Dirtyd a break, at least he is man enough to own up. complete lack of integrity? give me a break.

I have an Obama paster I'm willing to sell. Anyone want to fork over some cash? no low ball offers as i am only willing to take the highest of the high amounts. And don't worry, i won't be contributing any of the money to his already wasteful and overly wealthy campaign.

I'm only half kidding.

Well said.
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

"This holier than thou attitude is a real downer." It's not about being holier than thou. It's about all the complaining about the honesty of e-bay sellers and then being a lying seller yourself. If my not lying on e-bay makes me holier than thou than thats your call not mine. My point was the absurdity of it all not the actual deceit.

You say, "This holier than thou attitude is a real downer." I say, the hypocrisy and lying on e-bay is a real downer. I guess our priorities are different.
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Post by C.Morrison »

honesty is great. integrity is great. its a personal thing though. you can not control any one else. he has announced his poor decision making publicly, which he did not have to do, and obviously based on the chastising he is receiving would have been better off not doing.

While i do not agree with his original decision, i applaud him for having the balls to admit it publicly on a forum that is so hell bent on what is or is not appropriate actions that can or can not be taken with Shepard's work.

All i am saying is that before we judge dirtyd for what he admits was a dishonest decision we should look within ourselves.

BTW, please don't attempt to defend yourself (mostly because i'm not attacking you) by giving me a spiel about how you're an honest business owner with integrity...blah blah blah. I assume that from your posts on the board and how you have publicly dealt with customers although i have never done business with you.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Jerry, I'm not sure who you are addressing. Me or C. Morrison. I confess to ot following this thread word for word. Morrison's post made sense to me and I agreed.

I purposely stayed out of this thread until now. I viewed this as a silly thread that was meant to be humorous, but strayed too close to the stupid flipper topic which I have had my fill of and am now content to sit back and watch the reruns.

Want to know how I feel about this topic? Read what fribhey has to say on page 1 of this thread. That sums it up for me. Of course I laughed my asss off at APM's confession on page 2.
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by C.Morrison »

robotoil wrote:
I purposely stayed out of this thread until now. I viewed this as a silly thread that was meant to be humorous, but strayed too close to the stupid flipper topic which I have had my fill of and am now content to sit back and watch the reruns.

Agreed.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

sorry D!!!
tazandmur
Punk

Post by tazandmur »

extremeimages77 wrote:can i get married to a print??

You can if you're in The Church of the Subgenius.

I'm an ordained Subgenius minister, and can marry you to a print, for any length of time you desire.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Hail Bob!
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
tazandmur
Punk

Post by tazandmur »

OBEY "Bob!" :)

Eternal salvation or triple your money back!
Last edited by tazandmur on Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyd0369
Giant

Re:

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Shhh...

whyhoo wrote:sorry D!!!
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

I just want to say. I dont care about flippers, floppers or anything like that.

All i want is that people be honest. Sell prints you have in hand only. Dont tell me it is mint or NM when it has an FING coffee stain on the back (yes, did happen to me).
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

noverflow wrote:I just want to say. I dont care about flippers, floppers or anything like that.

All i want is that people be honest. Sell prints you have in hand only. Dont tell me it is mint or NM when it has an FING coffee stain on the back (yes, did happen to me).

Perhaps it was owned by one of the Patricks or Swoon and you have a splatted piece there.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

The guy was completely unsympathetic and said... it's on the back, why do I care, it will look fine framed.

robotoil wrote:
noverflow wrote:I just want to say. I dont care about flippers, floppers or anything like that.

Perhaps it was owned by one of the Patricks or Swoon and you have a splatted piece there.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
sabeth
Giant

Re:

Post by sabeth »

amen. in the end your name (the proverbial you) is worth more than any print.
Instagram: @carnagenyc
Carnage NYC
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

tazandmur wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:can i get married to a print??

You can if you're in The Church of the Subgenius.

I'm an ordained Subgenius minister, and can marry you to a print, for any length of time you desire.

I never heard of The Church of Subgenius before, so I decided to look it up.

From their website:

"The SubGenius material has only recently been made public. This is YOUR chance to get in on the ground floor of a huge, lucrative cult -- NOW, while rates are low. You will then be eligible for all the $$$, weird sex, and SHEER POWER OVER OTHERS that go with high-ranking membership in the Church. And yes, YOU CAN PERFORM LEGAL WEDDINGS!"

LOL!
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

The Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) used to be pretty active here in Dallas (well, as active as the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) can get), putting on video shows and the like (it was through them I first encountered AdBusters and culture jamming back in the early 90's). But then the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) was "founded" here, so it makes sense.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

admonkey wrote:The Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) used to be pretty active here in Dallas (well, as active as the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) can get), putting on video shows and the like (it was through them I first encountered AdBusters and culture jamming back in the early 90's). But then the Church of the Subgenius (Praise Bob!) was "founded" here, so it makes sense.

I think CotSG is active in Portland OR too. Figures.
Dorse
Swindler

Post by Dorse »

I'm sure shep dosn't mind as he's so for freedom of rights haha
sell sell sell!
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

whats the difference between buying a print and flipping, or keeping it then selling it? The "real fans" thing is BULLSH!T. Yeah, you missed out on a print and someone else got it, so what! Get over flipping, do you really want to get mad over somebody else selling a screenprint which they got by legitimate means?
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P