<<Would-a Could-a Should-a!>>

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
swellstylez
Posse

<<Would-a Could-a Should-a!>>

Post by swellstylez »

Ok! This a a topic on the print that got away. The time you could have bid on a deal but didn't for some #$%^&* reason! Maybe it sat on the OG site for months and you didn't bite! You know that print that keeps you awake at night. The one that makes you feel like you got kicked in the jimmy. You know what I'm talkin' bout!

Start your post with Would-a Could-a Should-a!

Would-a Could-a Should-a!

Here is mine. Two - three years ago, a "Giant Posse" from 96 came up on ebay for $200. Also at the time Marilyn Warhol was ending at the same time. I bought Marilyn, but thought $400 was too much for the two prints. I mean I'm glad I got the Marilyn, but... :oops:
My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re: <<Would-a Could-a Should-a!>>

Post by mose »

Banksy signed Girl with Balloon. I dropped out of bidding at $1100, it went for $1150. That one still stings a bit.

On the Obey side, I passed on a $700 Disobey, a $1600 large-size Castro HPM, and way back in the day I could have purchased a huge, full installation from a gallery show for something like $1200...

And the one that hurts the most, not a print but an original Dave McKean sandman cover. It was back in 2000, I was post-college broke, and I couldn't put together the $3500.
mikep
Swindler

Post by mikep »

swellstylez wrote:Here is mine. Two - three years ago, a "Giant Posse" from 96 came up on ebay for $200. Also at the time Marilyn Warhol was ending at the same time. I bought Marilyn, but thought $400 was too much for the two prints. I mean I'm glad I got the Marilyn, but... :oops:

If was from April of 2006, I was the one that ended up with the "Giant Power to the Posse"! Sorry, but not too sorry!

My "would-a could-a should-a" is "Black on Black". I forget how many years ago it was, but Obey found some and put them up for sale on the site. It was a time that I was telling myself to save money and unfortunately I resisted! Every time someone mentions it, it makes my stomach turn...
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

mikep wrote:
swellstylez wrote:Here is mine. Two - three years ago, a "Giant Posse" from 96 came up on ebay for $200. Also at the time Marilyn Warhol was ending at the same time. I bought Marilyn, but thought $400 was too much for the two prints. I mean I'm glad I got the Marilyn, but... :oops:

If was from April of 2006, I was the one that ended up with the "Giant Power to the Posse"! Sorry, but not too sorry!

I love a good mystery! Congrats man - stellar print! Glad it went to someone on the board.
My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

I too passed on Black on Black for $35 back when it was on the OG site. I mean, WTF? I still don't think the image is all that, but clearly a historic piece....T-H-I-R-T-Y-F-I-V-E D-O-L-L-A-R-S.....
JErikR
Bamboozle
Posse

Re:

Post by Bamboozle »

JErikR wrote:I too passed on Black on Black for $35 back when it was on the OG site. I mean, WTF? I still don't think the image is all that, but clearly a historic piece....T-H-I-R-T-Y-F-I-V-E D-O-L-L-A-R-S.....

[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk[/url] at 00.45
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

The 2003 C-pop show in Detroit I didn't buy any of the fine art pieces.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
DangerousBri
Swindler

Post by DangerousBri »

12-18 months ago there was a Ming on ebay with a BIN of around $175....Description was a little sketchy. A few minutes later another board member had snagged it before I could decide what to do.